Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
The GuitarVillain

Loc: California
Not sure if this is a rant, or something more...
    #3329701 - 11/07/04 08:08 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

There is all this talk about liberals wanting to leave the country because Bush was re-elected. Dont you think the real liberal thing to do would be to stay in the country? Wait it out four years and then pick a candidate that actually tells people what their policy is? Maybe it is just me, but I do not see the world ending in the next 4 years. Sure, we will have problems but as many of us know, problems can be fixed. If you have grass dying in the front yard and you want it to survive, you water it. What you dont do is hope that your morals will bring it back to life. In other words, you cant fix all the countries problems by voting in the same candidate because he has morals. That last comment was for the conservatives, the people who would rather put the country in the hands of someone who believes an invisible being will help him solve things. It is not going to happen. I dont care if you are the Pope, Jesus is not going to help you run the government. How is it that a book written thousands of years ago is more important in American Politics than the Constitution? One of them doesnt belong in politics. But let us say for a moment that I have no problems with people voting on morals. When you do go and vote on morals shouldnt you vote on someone that is pro-life? Last I checked George W. Bush is not pro-life. On abortion he stands as a pro-life supporter, but on the death penalty he thinks we should kill them quickly. Dont those two views contradict one another? I sure think they do. What that says to me is "you cant kill someone until they are full grown."

As for the voting fraud and conpiracy theories that some people are bitching about, just stop. George Bush won. I heard Susan Surrandon on Real Time talking about how their was voter fraud and hanging chads and all this other crap, but in the end she said Bush still would have won. If that is the case why are we recounting these votes? Lets just make sure it doesnt happen next time. If Kerry didnt win, Kerry didnt win it is plain and simple. Another thing that bothers me is the electoral college. Bush won by 3 or 4 million votes; yet if Kerry had won Ohio he would have been president and Bush would have still been up by 3 or 4 million votes. Does that seem right to you? People will argue that they dont want one state to have more of a say than another state. I dont understand that arguement because it wont be on a state basis it will be on a person basis. Sure, more people live in california than most states combined, that doesnt mean that they all have the same views though. Or maybe we shouldnt get rid of the electoral college but maybe we should have more props like the one in Colorado that splits the electoral votes based on percentage. That would force candidates to campaign in more states than the few that they did campaign in.

Maybe it is just me, but I think we need change.

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: Not sure if this is a rant, or something more... [Re: AaronEvil]
    #3329984 - 11/07/04 11:49 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

We need a change in the election process. Take the state with the oldest, most tried-and-true election process, with a traceable paper trail, and institute that in EVERY damned state. Not too hard, if you ask me.
Then, we need change at the presidential level. Somebody who knows what they're doing. Someone who doesn't make asinine statements, and bold faced lies every time they open their mouth. Someone who doesn't expect his/her religion will keep, or put, him/her in office. Somebody who KNOWS what the Constitution actually says, and means. Democrat? NO! Republican? HELL NO! Libertarian? DING DING DING!! TELL AMERICA WHAT SHE'S WON, JONNY!
"America, land of the free, home of the brave, you have just won yourself a brand new, Libertarian President! A restored Constitutional government! A higher standard of living! Honesty, integrity, intelligence!"
Sorry, I haven't seen Price is Right in a week or two :frown:

prophet of God
 User Gallery

Re: Not sure if this is a rant, or something more... [Re: DNKYD]
    #3330013 - 11/07/04 12:03 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

They need to talk to a psychiatrist and preferably get some medication for their paranoia.

Continual lies and paranoia from the left will only put more and more Republicans into various positions in the government. You people are destroying the Democratic party with your stupidity. I don't want to see a one party system in the USA even if it is the Republican party.

Edited by Great_Satan (11/07/04 12:06 PM)

Re: Not sure if this is a rant, or something more... [Re: Great_Satan]
    #3330022 - 11/07/04 12:09 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Great_Satan said:
They need to talk to a psychiatrist and preferably get some medication for their paranoia.

Sure, that's the answer to everything. Just get some medication, take a pill for whatever ails you. It'll be better. And it will help the ever so friendly pharmaceutical industry, too!

The overwhelming ignorance on the American peoples' part will keep putting more lieing Republicans and Democrats in office. It's time for personal responsibility to take control in this country.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion