Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Acceptance & Surrender
    #3302024 - 10/31/04 06:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Whenever you are able, have a ?look? inside yourself to see whether you are unconsciously creating conflict between the inner and the outer, between your external circumstances at that moment ? where you are, who you are with, or what you are doing ? and your thoughts and feelings. Can you feel how painful it is to internally stand in opposition to what is?

When you recognize this, you also realize that you are now free to give up this futile conflict, this inner state of war.

~

How often each day, if you were to verbalize your inner reality at that moment, would you have to say, ?I don?t want to be where I am?? What does it feel like when you don?t want to be where you are ? the traffic jam, your place of work, the airport lounge, the people you are with?

It is true, of course, that some places are good places to walk out of ? and sometimes that may be the most appropriate thing for you to do. In many cases, however, walking out is not an option. In all those cases, the ?I don?t want to be here? is not only useless but dysfunctional. It makes you and others unhappy.

It has been said: wherever you go, there you are. In other words: you are here. Always. Is it so hard to accept that?

~

Do you really need to mentally label every sense perception and experience? Do you really need to have a reactive like/dislike relationship with life where you are in almost continuous conflict with situations and people? Or is that just a deep-seated mental habit that can be broken? Not by doing anything, but by allowing this moment to be as it is.

~

The habitual and reactive ?no? strengthens the ego. ?Yes? weakens it. Your form identity, the ego, cannot survive surrender.

~

?I have so much to do.? Yes, but what is the quality of your doing? Driving to work, speaking to clients, working on the computer, running errands, dealing with the countless things that make up your daily life ? how total are you in what you do? Is your doing surrendered or non-surrendered? This is what determines your success in life, not how much effort you make. Effort implies stress and strain, needing to reach a certain point in the future or accomplish a certain result.

Can you detect even the slightest element within yourself of not wanting to be doing what you are doing? That is a denial of life, and so a truly successful outcome is not possible.

If you can detect this within yourself, can you also drop it and be total in what you do?

~

?Doing one thing at a time? is how one Zen Master defined the essence of Zen.

Doing one thing at a time means to be total in what you do, to give it your complete attention. This is surrendered action ? empowered action.

~

Your acceptance of what is takes you to a deeper level where your inner state as well as your sense of self no longer depend on the mind?s judgments of ?good? or ?bad.?

When you say ?yes? to the ?isness? of life, when you accept this moment as it is, you can feel a sense of spaciousness within you that is deeply peaceful.

On the surface, you may still be happy when it?s sunny and not so happy when it?s rainy; you may be happy at winning a million dollars and unhappy at losing all your possessions. Neither happiness nor unhappiness, however, go all that deep anymore. They are ripples on the surface of your Being. The background peace within you remains undisturbed regardless of the nature of the outside condition.

The ?yes? to what is reveals a dimension of depth within you that is dependent neither on external conditions nor on the internal conditions of constantly fluctuating thoughts and emotions.

~

Surrender becomes so much easier when you realize the fleeting nature of all experiences and that the world cannot give you anything of lasting value. You then continue to meet people, to be involved in experiences and activities, but without the wants and fears of the egoic self. That is to say, you no longer demand that a situation, person, place or event should satisfy you or make you happy. Its passing and imperfect nature is allowed to be.

And the miracle is that when you are no longer placing an impossible demand on it, every situation, person, place, or event becomes not only satisfying but also more harmonious, more peaceful.

~

When you completely accept this moment, when you no longer argue with what is, the compulsion to think lessens and is replaced by an alert stillness. You are fully conscious, yet the mind is not labeling this moment in any way. This state of inner nonresistance opens you to the unconditioned consciousness that is infinitely greater than the human mind. This vast intelligence can then express itself through you and assist you, both from within and from without. This is why, by letting go of inner resistance, you often find circumstances change for the better.

~

Am I saying, ?Enjoy this moment. Be happy?? No.

Allow the ?suchness? of this moment. That?s enough.

~

Surrender is surrender to this moment, not to a story through which you interpret this moment and then try to resign yourself from it.

For instance, you may have a disability and can?t walk anymore. The condition is as it is.

Perhaps your mind is now creating a story that says, ?This is what my life has come to. I have ended up in a wheelchair. Life has treated me harshly and unfairly. I don?t deserve this.?

Can you accept the isness of this moment and not confuse it with a story the mind has created around it?

~

Surrender comes when you no longer ask, ?Why is this happening to me??

~

Even within the seemingly most unacceptable and painful situation is concealed a deeper good, and within every disaster is contained the seed of grace.

Throughout history, there have been women and men who, in the face of great loss, illness, imprisonment, or impending death, accepted the seemingly unacceptable and thus found ?the peace that passeth all understanding.?

Acceptance of the unacceptable is the greatest source of grace in this world.

~

There are situations where all answers and explanations fail. Life does not make sense anymore. Or someone in distress comes to you for help, and you don?t know what to do or say.

When you fully accept that you don?t know, you give up struggling to find answers with the limited thinking mind, and that is when a greater intelligence can operate through you. And even thought can then benefit from that, since the greater intelligence can flow into it and inspire it.

Sometimes surrender means giving up trying to understand and becoming comfortable with not knowing.

~

Do you know of someone whose main function in life seems to be to make themselves and others miserable, to spread unhappiness? Forgive them, for they are too part of the awakening of humanity. The role they play represents an intensification of the nightmare of egoic consciousness, the state of non-surrender. There is nothing personal in all this. It is not who they are.

~

Surrender, one could say, is the inner transition from resistance to acceptance, from ?no? to ?yes.?

When you surrender, your sense of self shifts from being identified with a reaction or mental judgment to being the space around the reaction or judgment. It is a shift from identification with form ? the thought or emotion ? to being and recognizing yourself as that which has no form ? spacious awareness.

~

Whatever you accept completely will take you to peace, including the acceptance that you cannot accept, that you are in resistance.

~

Leave Life alone. Let it be.

~

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Acceptance & Surrender [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3302083 - 10/31/04 06:26 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Skorp, I have never really had a conversation with you, but I can tell by what you post that you've got a good head on your shoulders. Are you planning to come to the NE gathering in the summer by any chance? If not, you totally should, because I (and others I speak with regularly) would love to meet you.

I love how you're constantly posting these bits that try to reword the same thing over and over again.. sooner or later everyone's gotta find one that "clicks" for them, and by doing this you're drastically increasing the odds of these "ones" being found.

Bravo, good sir!  :grin:

Offlinehsalf
bad O lover
Loc: not from around here
    #3302130 - 10/31/04 06:45 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Capt.Caveman says,"Post good!"

Offlinelovelight
float

Loc: yellow submarine
Re: Acceptance & Surrender [Re: hsalf]
    #3302670 - 10/31/04 09:05 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

like jacques said, thanks for another great thread skorpivo!

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Acceptance & Surrender [Re: lovelight]
    #3302778 - 10/31/04 09:43 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

""When you fully accept that you don?t know, you give up struggling to find answers with the limited thinking mind, and that is when a greater intelligence can operate through you. And even thought can then benefit from that, since the greater intelligence can flow into it and inspire it.""

""It is a shift from identification with form ? the thought or emotion ? to being and recognizing yourself as that which has no form ? spacious awareness""

""Leave Life alone. Let it be.""

is all this the same information technology? :P nice post indeed :wink:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Acceptance & Surrender [Re: Gomp]
    #3302812 - 10/31/04 09:51 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

""Leave Life alone. Let it be.""

best quote there... beautiful.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
Re: Acceptance & Surrender [Re: Todcasil]
    #3302882 - 10/31/04 10:09 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks Skorp!

Just what the doctor ordered!

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #3302885 - 10/31/04 10:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Gorgeous. Like a bowl of jewels.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Invisibleusefulidiot
It's notfascist, it's...Neoconservative!

#3303005 - 10/31/04 10:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

That was a great summation, and although I agree and feel I do have a pretty good understanding subjectively - in regards to actively being 'total' in what one does..I must say in the case of having ADD and a mild case of dyslexia, it's really not that simple to maintain a state of mind in complete concentration 100% of the time, let alone a majority of the time.  It's annoying.  :mad:

Invisibleusefulidiot
It's notfascist, it's...Neoconservative!

#3303007 - 10/31/04 10:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

That was a great summation, and although I agree and feel I do have a pretty good understanding subjectively - in regards to actively being 'total' in what one does..I must say in the case of having ADD and a mild case of dyslexia, it's really not that simple to maintain a state of mind in complete concentration 100% of the time, let alone a majority of the time..  It's annoying.  :mad:

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
    #3303814 - 11/01/04 06:30 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

:sun: :heart: :sun: :thumbup: :thumbup: :smile:

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

User Gallery

Re: Acceptance & Surrender [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #3305133 - 11/01/04 02:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Deeply appreciate the responses, everyone.  :heart: Jacques, in all sincere honesty, I will probably not be met by most if not all members from this site as I tend to be a very private individual and hence do not possess the extroverted appetite for social events; but it is a possibility....

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

#3319331 - 11/04/04 10:33 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SkorpivoMusterion said:
Deeply appreciate the responses, everyone.  :heart: Jacques, in all sincere honesty, I will probably not be met by most if not all members from this site as I tend to be a very private individual and hence do not possess the extroverted appetite for social events; but it is a possibility....

Dude.. don't worry about it. I'm as introverted as they come. Ask anyone who was there last time.. me and my girl stuck to our little camp site in the middle, while just about everyone else gathered in the larger areas. People would wander by and chat with us, some stopped to sit a while. They were welcomed.

Trust me.. a LOT of us are introverts.. but you'll still find some people you can connect with.

Besides, the most common reason for that introversion is that you don't have the right kind of people surrounding you in real life. This is essentially placing those kinds of people around you in real life, heh.

I had a great time despite my very anti-social personality. Trust me. :smile:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Acceptance & Surrender [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3319341 - 11/04/04 10:40 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I too am extremely introverted.. so much so I consider it a character flaw at times, at other times a blessing. The NE gathering last summer was an example where I wish I had been more open and extroverted.. Right now I'm trying to find the balance.

--------------------

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #3320020 - 11/04/04 01:36 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

coughcough, cool post, but if the miserable conflicts, between inner feelings and outer realm are at least signs of something not fitting to your comfortness ?
I am just wondering if I was missing something and will reread your post for the third time :smile:
Not only your ego will cry this out, I think also your soul. And if there is something barriering my karmatik evolution, I begin to ask questions :grin:
Certainly, there is what is, but has it to be all that time again and again ?

One the one side, you are right...it's best to meditate with his head free and empty, and without desires in the heart, but there are on the other hand situations in life, which sadly must be questioned real deep and extensively.
But not each difference is negative. Some show inner, some outer potentials for developement.
Some 'change', for (hopefully) 'better', what needs our spirit to intend and our will to do. And places to rest again...

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Edited by BlueCoyote (11/04/04 01:50 PM)

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
    #3320138 - 11/04/04 02:01 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Great Post! I'd just like to add an OR inbetween your title there for safe keeping.

I find myself at times not only able to accept what goes on in my mind and in the deepest construct of things that can be possible at times. I find it even harder to surrender. For the longest time now my switch from optimism to pessimism has deeply hit me in the core of my being. I found it very hard to adjust my self in situations. Situations where I found myself not intact with a reality that suited me. I began to float around my existance as for it to one day just pass me by and something new to begin and to start over what once i appreciated life now it's only a matter of time till my appreciation sparks up again and I can sit down for once and read and write and laugh and enjoy myself.

Hard relationships with family and friends make it troublesome to let go of sometimes.

Time to get some chinese food. I'll be back shortly to post again.

Peace,
Droz

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Re: Acceptance & Surrender [Re: Shroomism]
    #3320611 - 11/04/04 04:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I hear you man.. I wanted to get out and chat with people more too, but I am who I am. I didn't fight it.. and it worked out anyway. I met some very cool individuals who I really don't think I would have had as much time to chat with if I was busy saying hi to EVERYONE. :smile:

User Gallery

Re: Acceptance & Surrender [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #3321311 - 11/04/04 06:43 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It is perfectly fine to take actions to remove yourself from certain situations.
But whatever the situation and options are; you must ask yourself: Are these actions from negativity, reaction and unconsciousness? Am I doing this out of positivity, response and presence?

Doing something from an internal state of negativity, hatred, resistance, reaction creates external results of the same calibre - one way or another, more or less.
The reverse also applies:
Action arising from an intrinsic state of positivity, contentment, flow, acceptance and response creates extrinsic results of the same calibre as well.

--------------------

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #3328784 - 11/06/04 08:49 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Ah thanks, yes.
That's somehow like keeping a meditational state of mind during all day :smile:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

User Gallery

Re: Acceptance & Surrender [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #3328817 - 11/06/04 09:01 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Very good.

"The present moment is sometimes unacceptable, unpleasant, or awful."

It is as it is. Observe how the mind labels it and how this labeling process, this continuous sitting in judgment, creates pain and unhappiness. By watching the mechanics of the mind, you step out of its resistance patterns, and you can then allow the present moment to be. This will give you a taste of the inner state of freedom from external conditions, the state of true inner peace. Then see what happens, and take action if necessary or possible.

Accept - then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.
~Eckhart Tolle.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder