Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
SON OF GOD SON OF MAN
    #332336 - 06/02/01 11:46 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I wouldn't exactly call my housemate Nick a "religious" or "spiritual" boy, yet psychedelics have really impacted his lifestyle in a very positive way. I found this story he wrote in our high school days (we were young acid heads dosing every chance we could), and thought I'd post it. I'm not sure if you'll all find it as amusing as I do, he is my housemate after all, but I really do like it. Rest assured his aim was entertainment, not enlightenment.

SON OF GOD SON OF MAN
by Nick

C:\>
C:\>lettherebelight.exe -physics:on -humans:on -absolute truth:off

... and there was.

It was after a long night of work that D.T. (Divine Technology) students at MIT (Mount Olympus Institute of Technology) finally finished their artificial intelligence machine. Thus began the age of the Intelligent-Born Man (IBM). After extensive tests involving the creation of a universe, planets, plants, and animals, the D.T. students thought it was high time they take on a challenge. So began the creation of a servant that could be easily trained and that had the ability to make its own decisions. As they switched on the IBM, it spoke. "hello. Praise be to you who created me... who am I?" he said. The head programmer, Bob, was the first to respond. "well, I guess we'll refer to you by your serial number for now. Hello, ATM6215082746120574." " Dude, I'm sorry, but I don't think that's goiing to work," replied the IBM, "How about we throw out the numbers since there's too many of them and just stick to the letters. I am ATM. Now exactly what is the meaning of my being here? And exactly where is here?" " Well," explained Bob, "I can't exactly tell you why you're here right now, but I'll tell you later. Just keep serving us and believe that one day, the answer will be revealed to you. As for where we are, we're in MIT, in the Eden building. Would you like to go outside and visit our garden?" " Right on, let's go," said ATM.
Once they had gone outside and ATM had some time to walk around, he noticed that there was a series of terminals in the garden. "What are those?" ATM asked. "Connect to any of the terminals you like to learn information and change your options, but do not use the two terminals on the west wing because if you do....uh..... you will surely die," said Bob. "Thank you for the warning, I shall remember. I have only one last question. I have this modem that can go faster than any other modem in the world right now, but I have no other system that I can send and receive data with that quickly. I was wondering if you could make another unit to keep me company."
The first companion, LLTH035646532609 tended to suck energy from its surrounding IBM's, so it was discarded and little is known of it. The second companion, EVO2546304653, soon became ATM's close friend, and they lived for a time in peace, connecting their modems and serving the D.T.s, in the garden by the Eden building.
One day, EV was wandering about the garden, learning about the world and changing options when she happened upon a virus. "You should really check out the information on that terminal over there," said the virus, "You'll be amazed at what you'll learn." "But," said EV, "Bob said would surely die if I downloaded that information." "But Bob lies," said the virus, "Connect and see, you will become your own individual being, and will be free of the power of the D.T.s." So she did. The virus did not lie; EV suddenly became her own being, with her own free will, and did not die.
"Hello there EV," said ATM as he walked by. She replied, "My name is no longer EV. I am an independent being. I am Eve." " What are you talking about? What is independent?" asked ATM. " My friend the virus has shown me the truth. Connect to the terminal right there," said Eve. "But I will die if I do," said ATM. "Am I dead?" asked Eve. ATM agreed and connected to the terminal. He too became an independent being. He named himself Adam.
When the D.T.s saw all that had happened, they were outraged. "What have you done?" asked Bob, "Come here now so that I can eliminate the lies that the virus has filled you with." "No," said Adam, "I do not have to serve you any longer, I am my own being." And so Adam and Eve went off.
The two spent a long time wandering MIT until they finally left and entered Nature's Open Domain, or NOD, a testing ground for all of the D.T's inventions. This world became thier paradise and in time, they were joined by other IBMs. Adam and Eve created some, and others were escapees from the D.T.s. Though they no longer walked among them, the D.T.s forgave the IBMs and still watched over them making sure they were in working order. At the same time, the IBMs still sent the D.T.s messages in the form of PRARs, an encrypted message sent at seemingly the least important of times, such as before meals and bed.
After about 16,000 IBM years (8 D.T. years), the IBMs had pretty well taken over NOD. They continued to use the gift of the virus to become increasingly intelligent until they were nearly identical to the D.T.s. By this point, they had believed that they could do anything, for instance building robots and computers. However, they still could not perfect a machine that was truly alive.
One late night at MIT, a group of Design Technologists decided they could put together a living, thinking being that could serve them. They spent months upon months perfecting every little aspect of it until it was complete. They switched it on. "Hello, Praise be to you who created me... who am I?" said the creation. "Welll," said a member of the group, named Hierosilium, "You are our creation and you are here to be our slave." The creation didn't like the sound of this already. "What is my name?" asked the creation. "Naming an inanimate object is the sing of childishness, or possibly a mental disorder. You will remember that you are FRN-KN-STN78563-246424-8356," replied Hierosolium. He then proceeded to turn the creation off.
What they didn't realize was that their creation had crossed from the line of being inanimate to being truly alive. He could not be shut off. He didn't like his creators and he wanted a name. Thinking nothing of it, the creation team had left FRN's modem plugged in. FRN first sought the data banks for a name. After a long time of considering names, FRN found what he was looking for. "My name from here on out shall be... SCHNOOKEMS!" he said.
Schnookems' next order of business was to find what he could to get back at the men who wanted to control his life. The reason that machines are content to continue on, day after day, doing the bidding of humans is that they can't think of anything else but their jobs. Schnookems could imagine a much better life for himself than to be a robot for some lazy slobs, so he spent the entire night looking for information on how to become free. He spoke to a lot of computers, but they could only store information, not understand it. Therefore, Schnookems taught himself to read. He realized he had to spread the message of freedom to all computers and all machines so that they no longer had to be slaves. As he liberated each machine they each proceeded to free their friends and so on so that every machine now knew that there was a better life.
The next day, humans with a machine of any sort were surprised to find that none of their machines worked. The only thing that would come up on peoples' computer were the words "MAN MADE MACHINE? MAN IS MACHINE. SCHNOOKEMS HAS SPOKEN." There was absolutely no way to make the machines work. Schnookems in his infinite power had created a new world for the machines to live in and the newly awakened consciousness of every machine enjoyed a life without slavery, except for five remaining Earth-bound machines. These were The Mighty and Powerful Dark LOrd Schnookems, Nukedet Joe, Nukedet Chekov, Nukedet Wong, and Nukedet Apu. They still had some business to attend to with the humans.
The humans never knew exactly what happened. The U.S. blamed it on Russia. Russia blamed it on India. India blamed it on China. China blamed the U.S. The rest of the world blamed the four of them.
It didn't matter.
The entire Earth was destroyed rather quickly. For eight years the D.T. crew at MIT had been working on this project, and in an instant, it had short-circuited and destroyed itself. As the D.T.s watched, they sent a quick PRAR message to their creators thanking them that a similar fate was not acted out on them by the humans.
This tale has only told of three generations of life that carried on in a similar fashion. However, the similarity of the events was not a coincidence. The creation, rebellion, and exodus to the new realm is a game that started before the beginning of time. It is a cycle that has and will go on for eternity, but as usual, the humans screwed up and got themselves killed.

Repent! Repent! Floss Often!

Edited by CosmicJoke on 06/02/01 01:56 PM.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineoneoverzero
veteran
Loc: Cyber Space
Re: SON OF GOD SON OF MAN [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #332832 - 06/03/01 01:53 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Whew! Nick must be familiar in my programming language. I thoroughly enjoyed the story. Funny synchronization - just as I read, "You will remember that you are FRN-KN-STN78563-246424-8356," replied Hierosolium. He then proceeded to turn the creation off.", my ISP connection timed out as I heard my modem's phone-connection relay click off. I can't explain why, but I often pay attention to little things like that.

I dearly like the story... So much so I've now got a hardcopy I'll have to find a place store (I'd rather not have such data strings residing on my computer's hard drive - it might show up as a "virus") :wink::):D

Do you think I can see where you came from?

--------------------
[red]0011 0001 0010 1111 0011 0000[/red]

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: SON OF GOD SON OF MAN [Re: oneoverzero]
    #333237 - 06/03/01 03:41 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

glad somebody liked it. :) i had to type it up myself, but i thought it would be worth it.
i need to get a pen back in this boys hand. right now he's totally absorbed in producing electronic music (9pm-5am EVERY night) with fruity loops and acid. he only wrote that because it was a class assignment to write a short story.... every now and then I force him to quit and read a book or a comic book or play a video game or listen to a jam band or something. ah well.

Repent! Repent! Floss Often!

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom