Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinethenewuser
LSA Guy :-)

How much honey tek sollution to use?
    #3327390 - 11/06/04 01:24 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

How much honey tek sollution = 1ml of normal syringe sollution?

And I'm a bit confused as to what the honey tek does, could somone explain. :smile:

--------------------
Please read my DXM & LSA Guides, here.

If your like MMORPG's, then click here and here!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: How much honey tek sollution to use? [Re: thenewuser]
    #3327437 - 11/06/04 01:41 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

the honey tek stretches out your spores ifinately while giving a quicker colonization start-up.

use as much as u want, just don't screw up the water content of ur jars. IMO honey water has a LOT more innoculating power than spories. i usually use abbout 1 CC a hole,l hehehe

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Offlinethenewuser

Re: How much honey tek sollution to use? [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3327491 - 11/06/04 01:58 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

wow 1 CC a hole :smile:

Well I'm cleaning out a pickel jar right now, and I'm getting some honey.

So I believe I plop 1/2 tbs of honey in it, add purrified water, shake well. PC it, cool, insert 2 CC of my Z strain, let sit for 2-5 days, and inoculate? :smile:

--------------------

OfflineMoneyAddyct
Picaro
    #3327510 - 11/06/04 02:04 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I would use 1 tablespoon of honey/karo per 100ml of water. You don't need to add purified water because it'll get purified in the PC, but if it makes you feel better... And I'd let it sit for longer than 2-5 days. It may take 2-5 days for the spores to germinate. Your best bet is waiting 10 days. You should be good to go after that.

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: How much honey tek sollution to use? [Re: MoneyAddyct]
    #3327515 - 11/06/04 02:05 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

10 days is a little overkill. just wait til the solution gets murky. i think a tablespoon is way too much. i just add enough to the water so that its still pretty clear, witha slight tint. then u can better guage how colonized the solution is.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Offlinethenewuser

Re: How much honey tek sollution to use? [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3327530 - 11/06/04 02:09 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

oh um hrm, It's a 700ml jar.... I'm confused on how much honey to add :P

--------------------

Offlinethenewuser

#3327652 - 11/06/04 02:50 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

ok I'm going to add 1TBS to 700ml of water.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3327660 - 11/06/04 02:54 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

First off..dont use that much. Its unneeded and will take much longer to colonize. You only need 100ml. Then when your going to use it you inject fresh karo water into your liquid culture and remove that same amount. So you know your gonna knock up jars..mix up another jar of karo water (100ml and 1 tablespoon) and sterilize it once you have your liquid culture with myc in it. Now draw up some of the plain karo water you just made and inject it into the karo water with myc in it..say 20 ccs. Now your liquid culture should be 120ml..shake it around to distribute the myc and then suck up 20ml of liquid culture. The culture will consume the new nutrients to replace the myc you removed. So you see you only really need as much myc as your gonna take at a time and a little left to recover. I use 60ml syringes at a time with 100ml cultures and it works just fine.

10 days from spores isn't REALLY overkill..its just making sure. Not every jar will come out the same and some strains will take longer to germinate then others. I have 19 cultures going from 17 different strains (the other two are after 5 g2g transfers and are very different from the original strain so I've kept them) and I have found it take up to 10 days before I feel comforatable using the myc in a few strains. So I suggest also waiting 10 days. It can be used 4-5 days after inoculation sometimes but you'll end up with slower growth in your jars and slower recovery for your culture

I also would suggest 1 tablespoon per 100ml as this is what I have had good results with. Keep in mind I use 60ml of a culture at once when I knock up jars so I need alot of myc in my 100ml). A teaspoon will work but there is no harm in using a tablespoon. I use 3 cc's per jar generally (quart jars). I have found more works against you screwing up the water content. This gets me quarts colonized in 5-10 days (depending on strain..pretty much always a week less then the strain takes me from spores though..most strains are 6-8 days)

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Edited by scatmanrav (11/06/04 02:59 PM)

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
    #3327665 - 11/06/04 02:56 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

A tablespoon will help out if you plan on keeping the solution for awhile if your going to use it right away then a teaspoon will be fine for every 100ml all it does is give the spores nutes to survive on so if you use one tablespoon for every 100ml it last longer without addin to the mixture. also i think a 700ml jar will take to long to colonize and may invite contams in that amount of time but just my opinion. also if your using a jar that big itll take more than one tablespoon itll take about 5-7 or 7 teaspoons also i would use a little more than 1 cc or spores to knock it up or the colonization time will also slow down more. if im wrong someone please correct me as i am to new to this tek.

Offlinethenewuser

Re: How much honey tek sollution to use? [Re: KyKid]
    #3327674 - 11/06/04 03:01 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Well I'll put 100ml of water into the jar then, and 1 Tbs of honey. shake well, pc, shake again, and incubate, and for 280ml jars I will insert 2.5 ml of sollution, I'm sorry but I'm a bit confused by this part:

"Then when your going to use it you inject fresh karo water into your liquid culture and remove that same amount. So you know your gonna knock up jars.."

Oh so make up new karo solution (water/honey) and inject the same amount in as i took out with the other syringe. I'm not sure why I would do this, I'm assuming so make an inifinite amount of solution? But the tek says it oes bad in 2 weeks? Sorry I'm still knew to this stuff.

--------------------

Edited by thenewuser (11/06/04 03:07 PM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3327693 - 11/06/04 03:12 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I explained it:
"So you know your gonna knock up jars..mix up another jar of karo water (100ml and 1 tablespoon) and sterilize it once you have your liquid culture with myc in it. Now draw up some of the plain karo water you just made and inject it into the karo water with myc in it..say 20 ccs. Now your liquid culture should be 120ml..shake it around to distribute the myc and then suck up 20ml of liquid culture. The culture will consume the new nutrients to replace the myc you removed. So you see you only really need as much myc as your gonna take at a time and a little left to recover. I use 60ml syringes at a time with 100ml cultures and it works just fine."

I'm unsure of what your confused about. When you go to use the cluture inject fresh solution into it made in another jar..this replaces the liquid culture (karo with spores in it that germinated) with fresh karo water (karo water with no spores in it) for the myc to grow and consume.

2cc's should be fine to inject..even 1 cc is if you want to conserve your syringe but like Ky said, colonization will be slower..

This is another reason I usually wait 10 days is because I only use 1cc..its ready a few days sooner usually if you use 2 cc's.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinethenewuser

Re: How much honey tek sollution to use? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3327743 - 11/06/04 03:34 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I'm sorry, I think i'm a bit slow today, (blame it on the DXM a few days ago?), So If I keep using your method it would be an infinite jar of myc?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation