Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Kerry Won - Here are the Facts. [Re: ricelicker]
    #3326893 - 11/06/04 07:10 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Ohmigod! Greg Palast and alternet claim there were shenanigans! Stop the presses! Of course they are going to claim that, duh.

What you are ignoring is the fact that the pre-election polls taken after the debates showed a Bush victory by almost exactly the same margin as the actual vote results. Go to any non-partisan website which lists the results of all those polls (realclearpolitics is a good one, but certainly not the only one) and spend some time reviewing the numbers. Then get back to us.

The fact of the matter is that it is the exit polls which show the fishy numbers. They were wildly different than all the pre-election polls, none of which had predicted a Kerry win. Hell, one of the exit polls showed Kerry with eight times the number of votes he actually won in that particular precinct. An objective person would conclude there were shenanigans with the folks running the exit polls, not with the half dozen or so firms who had been running polls for more than a year.

But if it makes you feel better to believe Bush stole this election, go for it. I'm all for people feeling good.

pinky

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Kerry Won - Here are the Facts. [Re: Phred]
    #3327170 - 11/06/04 10:33 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

What you are ignoring is the fact that the pre-election polls taken after the debates showed a Bush victory by almost exactly the same margin as the actual vote results.

incorrect...these are the final gallup polls before the election from FL and OH ..

florida...
ohio...

the national gallup poll had them tied at 49% each..which is within the margin-of-error from the actual vote...but it was OH that mattered..and one "malfunctioning" diebold machine there is known to have given bush 3893 free votes...40 such machines in OH hands bush the election...

you might also want to look more closely at the results from florida..too...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Kerry Won - Here are the Facts. [Re: Annapurna1]
    #3327230 - 11/06/04 11:01 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

How unlike you to ignore other polls and to ignore the website suggestion pinky provided.

:rotfl:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (11/06/04 11:03 AM)

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Kerry Won - Here are the Facts. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #3327291 - 11/06/04 11:39 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

you mean the same site that said bush was going to win WI?? :laugh:...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Anonymous

Re: Kerry Won - Here are the Facts. [Re: Annapurna1]
    #3327322 - 11/06/04 11:55 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

annapurna1, the website luvdemshrooms has just linked to is a compilation of dozens of different polls done by different organizations, many of which showed bush to be in the lead going into the election.

i don't know what this WI bit is about. the site is a compilation of many polls, and besides, kerry won WI by .4% of the vote there.

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion