Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedrummindreadhead
ultrasonic needed.
    #3326491 - 11/06/04 12:16 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

alright, the impossible humidity problem pends and i figured, just get an ultra sonic? the perlite and everything for some act of god isn't doing it........so ultrasonic?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Re: ultrasonic needed. [Re: drummindreadhead]
    #3326535 - 11/06/04 12:37 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm on my first grow. I wasn't going to take any chances, I went for the best set-up all the way around. I went to Walmart and bought an ultrasonic humidifier! A digital humidity gauge & thermometer. It costs a little more than the other set-ups, but I have confidence in the tek that I used, plus the advise of many shroomerites convinced me that I have made the right choice. I set up my chamber earlier and in a couple of days, I will birth my cakes!!
I work all the time so the ultrasonic is a good choice in alot of ways.

but hey, I'm still a newbie, so who knows. :shrug:

Hey, why not?  :tongue:

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Offlinecall_me_kido
Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: In your dreams
Re: ultrasonic needed. [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #3327123 - 11/06/04 09:06 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Ive never used an ultrasonic but with the importance of air exchange and constant humidity I dont see why spending a little more on one is a bad idea. I used bubble wands and geolite for my PmP humidity and air exchange because:

A.) Its less suspicious to have a hidden air pump and a closed container then a sketchy humidifier hose connected to a rubbermaid container.

B.) Its fun to set up the PmP and it looks really cool.

I dunno just my preference. As far as spending goes, I bought two 5500 pumps from pet co and like 6 14in bubble wands to place under the geolite and on the sides. This with the tubing and adapters and stuff actually cots more then some ultrasonics, so sometimes making a custom job is more expensive in itself. If you make a really decent Pmp with custom stuff it can add up quick. You just gotta figure out where you stand financially and sentimentally. Cost will sometimes rob control from your operation.

Kido

--------------------
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein (1875-1955)

"A is A" -Aristotle

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds