Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineiseegreenandpurple
troubadour
Loc: stumptown, OR
cyanescens on the oregon coast?
    #3319443 - 11/04/04 11:09 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I live in Portland, Oregon only an hour or two away from the coast (astoria,tillamook,seaside,lincoln city).  I took a trip out to Astoria/Hammond area about a week and a half ago and picked about an ounce of azures.  While I was out looking for patches I ran into a guy who told me he had picked about a quarter pound of cyans in tillamook just the other day.  I was just wondering if anybody else out there has ever found cyans in tillamook or other coastal towns for that matter.  And if so, could someone maybe clue me in on some areas (not specific, just general) to begin looking. I know cyans love alder and manmade grassy areas, I'm just not that familiar with tillamook, although I have heard of people picking liberty caps over there. Any input would be greatly appreciated. :rasta:

--------------------
"See I think drugs have done some good things for us, I really do. And if you don't think drugs have done good things for us then do me a favor. Go home tonight and take all of your records, tapes, and all your CD's and burn them. Because, you know all those musicians who made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years? Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal fucking high on drugs, man."
-Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
Re: cyanescens on the oregon coast? [Re: iseegreenandpurple]
    #3319786 - 11/04/04 12:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Im sure people find cyans around there. Cyans are found in Portland also. BTW They're found in Alder woodchips, not grassy areas, so if you feel like hunting cyans just look for city parks and around bussinesses/churches for light colored woodchip beds. Thats your best bet.

troubadour
Re: cyanescens on the oregon coast? [Re: day_tripper]
    #3319934 - 11/04/04 01:16 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have heard of many people finding cyans in well-manicured lawns, thats what i meant by grassy areas. It seems like cyans would grow in and around tillamook, I'm just wondering if I should be looking on trails outside of town or under shrubs in town, thats all.

--------------------
"See I think drugs have done some good things for us, I really do. And if you don't think drugs have done good things for us then do me a favor. Go home tonight and take all of your records, tapes, and all your CD's and burn them. Because, you know all those musicians who made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years? Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal fucking high on drugs, man."
-Bill Hicks

Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

#3320380 - 11/04/04 03:09 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

hmm... although i've seen lawn finds here and there its seems somewhat rare. Odd. Well basically all im sayin is your best bet is to look on and around manmade woodchip beds, whatever town you're in.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #3325490 - 11/05/04 05:32 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i was just in the astoria area and stopped in portland. i was unable to find P. cyanescens in either areas. i know they are prolific along the northern oregon coast and wouldn't have bothered looking in p-town if i hadn't heard a lot of people talking about them occurring in that area. i wouldn't immagine they would be hard to find between seaside and hammond; i just recomend spending more time looking than i did. i wish i had had the chance to photograph some. i have many P. azurescens and habbitat shots now.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineOregonBluesGil
Forager/Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Humboldt County Flag
Re: cyanescens on the oregon coast? [Re: canid]
    #3325546 - 11/05/04 05:45 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Well,From what I know,Cyans grow far south as San Fran and As far North as vancover,bc.They grow wildly in Maritima Dune Grasses,With sandy Soil,Good Spots along the Coast are where,Rivers met the Oceans,Make u look good,Patches often Hide under the Dune Grass.Its takes a little work,but well worth it.

--------------------
I'm in a Magical Mushroom land!

Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Re: cyanescens on the oregon coast? [Re: OregonBluesGil]
    #3326786 - 11/06/04 03:22 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

sounds like azures. go lookin in places like that right now and you'll find some, from what i hear the azure season is going nicely now.

troubadour
Re: cyanescens on the oregon coast? [Re: day_tripper]
    #3327401 - 11/06/04 11:31 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Has anyone ever had any experience hunting cyans in areas besides seattle/puget sound? I know of a lot of places in the wild where many woodchips could be found (logging roads, etc.), plus, it seems that some people around here have been finding occasional patches under blackberry bushes and such. I'm just wondering if it would be worth my time, or if it would be better just to stick to places in town (under shrubs). I've thought about taking a trip out to tillamook and making my way up the coast to astoria, my question is whether it would be worth it to start in tillamook, or better just to head straight for azure country (astoria/hammond).

--------------------
-Bill Hicks

Offlinezychowiczwife
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #23805937 - 11/06/16 09:58 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

I just found a patch of these after only looking around my resort in Newport, or for abt 20 mins. Residential neighborhood, patch of abt 50 in a flower bed covered with wood chips. I've been told they are cyanescens. this is last night I found them.

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
    #23806200 - 11/06/16 11:24 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, they grow on oregon coast, best bet is looking in ornamental wood chips

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds