Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWolfe3001
journeyman

Loc: Calgary
Any psychology or psyhcoanalysis buffs?
    #3326694 - 11/06/04 04:10 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I realized something just now.

I chew things. i chew on toothpicks. I used to chew on pens. When I was younger I fantasized a lot about smoking. I'm overweight. My mom says I hated drinking cow milk from the moments she stopped breast-feeding me.

Is it possible I have an oral fixation?

Other peoblems (incase you're curious) - I should point out that I have a strong fear of people, public places, and I have trouble controling my hostility. not in a physical way, usually I will just say incredibly mean for no reason, even to friends. I also have a strong tendancy to undergo periods of extreme suicidal depression, coupled with fantasies of mass-killing.

--------------------
They are in love. Fuck the War.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePathos
A million pieces
 User Gallery

Loc: Under the stairs
Re: Any psychology or psyhcoanalysis buffs? [Re: Wolfe3001]
    #3326701 - 11/06/04 04:16 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

chewing things could just be a way of expressing frustration or anxiety. How old were you when your mom stopped breast feeding?

As for the suicidal thoughts, that sounds pretty serious. You should see a real therapist (assuming you havent already). It could really help

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3327007 - 11/06/04 10:09 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Oral fixation? Yes. More than that, oral aggression and perhaps oral sadism -'biting' sarcasm, 'cutting' remarks, verbally 'needling' people, 'barbed' comments, etc. Eros-Thanatos confusion, Psychoanalytically speaking; 2nd Chakra in the service of 1st Chakra dynamics (Yoga psychology). Breast fixation I presume?

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Any psychology or psyhcoanalysis buffs? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3327094 - 11/06/04 10:52 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

"the serenity prayer" may not be enough here...

his holiness the dalai lama had an excellent suggestion for a healing meditation (healing self and healing world) in a couple of his recent books...
compassion for "self" and compassion for "other" yes...

human beings sure are complicated entities, no?
but, we are all in this together, so it would seem...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Any psychology or psyhcoanalysis buffs? [Re: gnrm23]
    #3327156 - 11/06/04 11:25 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hey. Surprised to find you here, but then again, why not? I won't even ask how your doing, but not because I don't care :wink:

I did not suggest any resolution, just a desciption of the data (which was an answer to Wolfe3001's question), whereas your response was compassionate rather than analytical.  I got a momentary jolt of guilt-feeling for not supplying a warm response (which is probably one of the reasons I was rejected from analytical training), but in the tradition of Socratic 'spiritual midwifery,' I think that the request from the analysand ['What should I do?'] has to be 'drawn out' from them following their own in-sight to the problem - but only if he thinks it's a problem.

The controlled sadism of my surgeon, and more overtly, his female assistant (who would rise up from her seat slowly, wide-eyed, when blood began to flow from the 5" incision on my back to remove a melanoma)contributed to the saving of my life. The surgeon, dangling a long diamond-shaped slice of my back from tweezers, blood-dripping, in front of my face, then, throwing it down on a tray, had his own issues. I said "Hey Doc, my life depends on the biopsy of that piece of gore" and he merely laughed. I was 'dead' serious...Smith-Kline Laboratories took their sweet-ass time (3 weeks!!!) to send results that "margins are clear" (of migrating malignant cells). The surgeon's sadistic dynamics were harnessed to save lives, so no judgement here, 'cause I'm still here! :smile:  Sometimes it's difficult not to have one's 'heart' warmed by a self-proclaimed 'sadist.' [Gen, of the Genitorturers -sadism-for-entertainment]

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (11/07/04 10:31 AM)

OfflineWolfe3001
journeyman

Loc: Calgary
Re: Any psychology or psyhcoanalysis buffs? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3328711 - 11/06/04 10:26 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you MarkostheGnostic

--------------------
They are in love. Fuck the War.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#3329944 - 11/07/04 11:21 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

You're welcome, but it occurs to me that I should clarify something essential. I am using an Alchemical metaphor for psychotherapy. That means in effect that worthless, dangerous or otherwise negative things can be transmuted into valable, safe, positive ends (like the metaphorical transmutation of Lead into Gold). The CHOICE to transmute such things must be made before catastrophe occurs. A potential pyromaniac can become a firefighter, a potential bomber can become a demolitions expert, a potential cult-sadist can become a surgeon, or a dentist (higher suicide rate than psychiatrists, and speculated that many who do not have sadistic tendencies view themselves as 'inflicters-of-pain' and no more than that, not seeing their role as healer).

I am not speaking to the justification of people who victimize, who indulge in unrestrained perversion - sociopaths - the Marquis DeSade, Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Ilsa Koch - The Bitch of Buchenwald, etc. So, I want to be perfectly clear on this. Few people believe in or can afford Psychoanalysis 3 times a week for 10 years to 'cure' their dynamics. Another model is in order which places the burden of responsibility on the individual him/herself. On the other hand, psychotherapy be it Psychoanalytic, Analytical (Jungian), Hypnotherapy or another depth-psychological approach should be considered in the service of one's self-understanding as part of this Alchemical self-transmutation. Fantasies and dreams are symbolic and not intended to be taken in their literal images.

Look into the work of Stan Grof and see how the birth trauma, divided into 4 "Basic Perinatal Matices" creates the B&D, S&M, mentality in adult life (from the "Hellish," "No Exit" experience of BPM III). The bound, suffocating, crushing, mouth-plugging, blindfolding, umbilical-strangling, life-death struggle, glistening with blood and urine and feces (patent leather substitution?). There are CAUSES for all of our psychic preoccupations. I am basically a BPM I person - I wish to float in spacious, non-tensioned bliss like the condition prior to the violent expulsion from the paradise of the womb. Stan Grof's work - Brilliant!

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineCrestfallen
some kindasomethin'

#3335671 - 11/09/04 02:40 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like a type of oral fixation. Sometimes little or no breastfeeding as an infant causes oral tendencies. Do you chew your nails also?
Anxious or nervous people often always have very short nails because they are constantly chewing on them.
Your fear of public places/people could be similar to social anxiety.

--------------------
The above statement is completely fictional and composed solely for the purpose of entertainment.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being