Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Interior Reflections [Re: psyka]
    #3330987 - 11/07/04 07:26 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Void is nothing without something to perceive it.

Nothing, as you said, is the perception of the void.

In the spirit of twister, I will go out on a limb and say everything is nothing. The inward perception of itself gives rise to somethingness, yet at it's core - it remains outstretched void.

void

void

:smile:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: Interior Reflections [Re: deff]
    #3331012 - 11/07/04 07:31 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Skorp, sorry - but that is far from minimalistic :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3331081 - 11/07/04 07:50 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Looks like the perfect place for you to rot away and be forgotten def. It's a tomb!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity
Re: Interior Reflections [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3331110 - 11/07/04 07:56 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

it's a cubic human container, like anyother, except it does not rely upon false appeals of 'asthetics'

:cool:

--------------------

OfflineSamuel
u-knit-e
Female User Gallery

Loc: In the hearts of the A-Te...
Re: Interior Reflections [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3331220 - 11/07/04 08:26 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

This is one of the most inspiring threads I've read.

I have just moved from my parents into my first apartment. Doing so I have had the chance to go through tons of "stuff" that I've collected from my childhood. I've been weeding through it over and over again eliminating more and more each time I look through it.

I've finally realized that I don't need to keep everything. My boyfriend, of course has also been helping me realize that just because I liked something years ago, doesn't mean I still like it.

Anyway, this post has inspired me to really go through everything and eliminate what I don't need. Hopefully with this new outlook I'll be able to continue to begin a new life rather than drag my past along with me as I continue through life.

I dunno if that made any sense, but it did to me, and I just want to thank you for posting this. I really appreciate it  :biggrin: :thumbup:

--------------------
:heart: :heart:

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #3331228 - 11/07/04 08:28 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Wow, that room is spartan.
Even when the egoic minds are erased and Being is all that's left, there is still Joy, Love and Beauty.. although no one necessarilly needs to visibly see all three aspects of Being, to validate a beauty of a decor...it certainly can be felt. I think the only thing about that room that gives me any hint of any such aspects of Being is the sunlight hitting it, hehe. [If that even is natural sunlight]

This is my kind of minimalism:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#3331255 - 11/07/04 08:35 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#3331262 - 11/07/04 08:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Why is that specific pattern of light - sensory input - any more 'appealing' to your Being than anyother?

Is it the input itself, or the relation to the concept of the objects?

Why bother?

--------------------

User Gallery

Re: Interior Reflections [Re: Samuel]
    #3331287 - 11/07/04 08:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Glad to be of service! You really ought to get Christopher Lowell's book I mentioned in the first post, you'll be even more inspired. :grin:

Which brings me back to Psyka's post..
Usually you do need to have alot of money laying around if you want such furniture displayed - IF you want to do it the old-fashioned way that rich people do. That is, go to stores and BUY them pre-made for you.

C.L. shows how infinitely cheaper and more satisfying it is to do-it-yourself. I know you're just dying to be proven wrong so that you can skip and hop to the first step to making your home the Nexus of Creative Beauty and Inspiration, or Castle of Medieval-Viking Honor or Zen-temple of Feng Shui.. so go out and buy/steal Christopher Lowell's You Can Do It! Small Spaces : Decorating to make every inch count
And thank Skorpivo later.

--------------------

User Gallery

#3331355 - 11/07/04 09:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I'm well aware that any such tastes towards any room or namely the cubic-living container that you showed, are subjective. Objectively speaking, or nondualistically speaking, that room just IS. What I was really leaning towards hinting; was that the room doesn't fall in the category of the naturalness, the beauty found in Mother Nature and such. The closest I could think of, are certain types of caves - but even that's a stretch, as caves still have stalagmites and bats hanging upside down, etc., hehe. The point, though, was that the sunlight contrasted as it was the only thing found in that room that is directly natural.. so the room then becomes 'washed' with the natural vibes of sunlight, hence my aforementioned statements of affinity towards such lightness.  :sun:

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#3331395 - 11/07/04 09:14 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

So our perception of light photons is natural if they are assumed to have been derived from the sun?

But the photons assumed to have been derived from concrete - an intentional mix of elements - is not so?

Hmm.

To define natural, there needs to be a seperation from it, from which the observation is placed. I see no such seperation, and so the word has very little meaning :/

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3331425 - 11/07/04 09:25 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

One cannot appreciate the light until they can appreciate the dark. They start off as dualing oppositions just awaiting to be experienced as complimentay contrasts.

Def, I wonder more and more if your nothingness stance is a way of avoiding facing the actual void of the unknown, which is the all that is sitting in the dark awaiting to be brought into the light.

Well, your human container will keep you safe from it to be sure. But, when you are ready to come out, or bring it in, there is a beautiful and brilliant world to explore brimming with shape, color, sounds , smells, forms, structures, designs, textures, and shades, unknown which give rise to the spectrum of emotions for the all that is to fully experience and know its unknown self, like Skorp said NATURE, the stuff the actual void is made of.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

User Gallery

#3331442 - 11/07/04 09:29 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, yes, the egoic mind's thinking, fragments reality, which is what led to the lack of un-seperateness in the categorical form that was mentioned earlier...

What I forgot to mention earlier; it is beautiful to create forms and beauty in the world, but not to look for ourselves in them. :smile:

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity
    #3331496 - 11/07/04 09:48 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"Def, I wonder more and more if your nothingness stance is a way of avoiding facing the actual void of the unknown, which is the all that is sitting in the dark awaiting to be brought into the light."

Nope, but thanks for caring :cool:

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3331501 - 11/07/04 09:49 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

God is in the details, infused into everything. Are we not also infused with the all that is?

You can't begin to know it without seeing it fragmented into things and experiencing yourself as a fragment of it. If all was undefined all at the same time there would be nothing to know and nothing to know it knows nothing.

Indeed we are not the fragments or the definitions by themselves. Without them, we have no way of knowing who and what we are and what we can be, let alone a vehicle for understanding why we are.

Whats not to appreciate about all of this?

I think there is some confusing between being in spirit with being devoid of spirit.

Skorp, even you said, the beauty out there validates the beauty within. I'd prefer to say that it reflects it and we do the validating but........Life is essentially meaningless. The only meaning it has is the meaning we ascribe to it.

Is it healthy to live without meaning? It sounds apathetic like coming from a depressed person.

Oh well, just some thoughts to consider. In the end, its my trip, and you have yours and you yours and you yours.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3331555 - 11/07/04 10:09 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I just looked up the word apathy and apathetic in the dictionary. Is does say that it is an ascendence into inderference towards the indifferent universe. It also says that it is an emotionless sluggish inactive place.

If one can be indifferent to the indifference of the universe AND be in Joy filled emotions, including a mellow blissy sort of peace then, that is a cool place to be. However, I have found that to feel joyful, I have to also be in the emotion of appreciation. Without differences there would nothing to appreciate.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3331598 - 11/07/04 10:26 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

deff said:
Nope, but thanks for caring :cool:

:cool: 

I'm actually using you as a bouncing board for a theory I am working on. I know where you are floating and it IS a way cool place to be. I know you experience joy as well. I know you're okay.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

User Gallery

#3332240 - 11/08/04 04:26 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Excellent thoughts, Jiggy. :thumbup:

Joy, Love and Inner-peace are beyond emotions, to me. Maybe I'll expand on it later.

As I was telling our De-tached-Deff here, I believe it is healthy to create beauty and make forms and so on, but not to get attached to them insofar as trying to look for ourselves in them, doing any such thing from a state of deficiency-cognition, but a state of wholeness - Being-cognition. From this, stems a myriad of blissful experiences in itself.

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3332471 - 11/08/04 06:54 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
If all was undefined all at the same time there would be nothing to know and nothing to know it knows nothing.

Indeed.. but if we knew nothing, we would be in full awe of all. Imagine not having the words to describe ANYTHING, instead of just the things that we haven't simplified into an abstracted label.

Labeling and defining is an act of the mind and of the ego. Yeah, it's fun. I like to do it too. But remember.. true awe comes from that which we don't understand. That which we don't have a simple label to apply, allowing us to dismiss the concept.

Imagine you see a strange figure in the shadows.. looks like some kind of creature that you've never seen before.

"What the hell is that?" You ask.

Someone else in your presence responds, "It's a dog."

"Oh, okay." Bam. dismissed. The wonder and the awe are removed in favor of "understanding."

If we did not label things, if we did not have language to define things, there would be a lot more awe floating around... a lot more time spent just being aware of something instead of defining or rationalizing it in a way that allows it to be dismissed from mind.

Just my 2 cents.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3332847 - 11/08/04 10:30 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

For sure Skorp. Identifying yourself through things is how you set yourself up for suffering if you "loose" them. I understand that sort of detachment. We are not our things but the whole of all is infused in everything and beyond them. You can destroy the things, they are not eternal, you can't destroy the essense of what we are and it is eternal.

If one attaches their sense of who they are to things and the things get stolen, lost or destroyed, suffering will surely ensue. I ask people to ask themselves, if you lost everything you had tommorow, possesions, titles and friends, how would you feel?

If you know yourself as the creator, perciever, experiencer of them, but not them, you'll be okay. You will know you can create anything anew again and again. We are the creator, not the creations, but we can know and understand ourselves better through our creations, what comes from us. Its how we put the inside out there to see it.

Like JC said, once you see and understand it, some of the awe and mystery is rationed away.

Ya JC, I've experienced drug free moments of being in that awe state you mentioned. Very humbling tears of joy place to be.

I'm writing this to be more cleary understood. Havn't you ever come to places where you thought you had them understood, wipe your hands with them and then, the whole back drop changes and you are like woaahh, there is more too it, much more. And then you come to understand that and then, the back drop changes and you are like "woaah there's even still more to it, much more."

Thats what my journey has been like. The awe just grows as I come to understnd things more deeply and from new perspectives. People alone blow me away.

I've had cats all of my life you'de think I would think a cat is a cat and I know them. Even just last night, I was watching her do something saying to my daughter, "arn't they amazing creatures?" And this cat brings so much awe and curiousity into my life even still, they always will.

I think we can be in existance for trillions of years and not have even scratched the surface of understanding the all that is. On top of that, it is allways expanding and will allways be infinite steps ahead of us. The awe and wonder and curiousity not mention appreciation just continues to grow and grow and grow.

I wrote elsewhere here that I could spend thousands of more years here in life on earth just enjoying and appreciating the awe of the sun setting. I never tire of it.

I remember when my brother was visiting me in the islands, we were on our way to dinner and a pulled the car over, asked every to get out and said, "will you look at that" The sun was setting over sapphire bay. My brother said, "look at what?" I said, "THAT!" The colors had my jaws dropped and my heart was beating fast. I said to him "the beauty out there." he said, "Oh ya, real pretty." like he was just appeasing me then he said, "Lets go to dinner now".

Later, "I asked my husband how come my brother couldn't see "IT"?

I can speculate that it is because he is out of touch with his emotions or that he hasn't realised the IT within himself to see it out there.

I dunno, but rest assured, if everything is a holographic micro of the macro, you can experience a whopping of the It within the definitions again and again and again, in new ways, it's so wild. It's not the same as the moments where you just fall apart over your own self in awe realising the presense within undefinable. Those moments allow for the others and it's all good and they just keep coming and growing upon themselves.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates