Home | Community | Message Board

Fairy Ring Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Confronting a shady person.
    #3326106 - 11/05/04 10:42 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Ok here's a little background. I met this kid about 2 years ago and thought we were pretty good buds. Hungout off and on for past little while and last year I let him borrow my boots. After I asked where they were he said he spilled oil on em and let his dad borrow them. $130 Timberland Pro boots mind you. This was last year as he said he'll get me a new pair. Well present day and he comes into my home wearing my fucking shoes! I confronted him saying wow I was glad that I got my boots back and then he says there his. Needless to say he stuck to his story. He says they make these everyday and they're his and that mine are "at his dads". After this argument I made a phone call and when I came back he said he owed me a pair of boots. Then they left as I said I had prior engagements and couldn't go out with them? Also the tone in the room was very tense and little was said after I made my case. How do I get my f****ing boots back peacefully of course.

5 shrooms for good advice to resolve this manner.

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Edited by socratesmind (11/05/04 10:43 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
Re: Confronting a shady person. [Re: socratesmind]
    #3326130 - 11/05/04 10:56 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

haha, how're you gonna let someone charge you to the game like that.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Re: Confronting a shady person. [Re: derx]
    #3326137 - 11/05/04 10:59 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

i guess i'm too nice of a person.

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
    #3326261 - 11/06/04 12:18 AM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Right a letter. Use formal language. Mention police. Tell them the statute of limitations has expired for the "borrowing/using" period and that the kid has lied to you. Tell them they then owe you fair market value, in cash, for a new pair of boots. Tell them, hell, if you want to make sure you spend it on cash, have the father come along and buy you the damn things. Seriously, dude. Stop being a pussy. This guy is in the wrong, just be honest about it, you are right, they are your boots, and this guy is trying to steal something from you. This sort of thing isn't overtly malicious, but problems like this slide into fuzziness. Set the record straight and make it clear that you are owed for your boots. GL.

GB

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Invisiblefunkymonk
Get's down, withthe get-down.
 User Gallery

Loc: saskatchewan
Re: Confronting a shady person. [Re: GnuBobo]
    #3326455 - 11/06/04 02:04 AM (12 years, 29 days ago)

quit being a little bitch, and take them back. Or quit being a little bitch and make up your own mind?

OfflinePathos
A million pieces
 User Gallery

Loc: Under the stairs
Re: Confronting a shady person. [Re: funkymonk]
    #3326687 - 11/06/04 04:06 AM (12 years, 29 days ago)

just be straightforward and say, "you owe me a $130 dollar pair of tims, so I'll take those or we can go to the store and you can buy me a pair." And make a definite plan with him for either. He cant dance around that

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #3326838 - 11/06/04 05:56 AM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Will no one suggest violence? Ask him one more time, than FUCK HIM UP.
I should Mod this forum. Its amazing how much violence is overlooked, as a solution for so many of lifes problems.

--------------------

InvisibleYthanA
٩(●̮•̃)۶
Male

Loc: NY/MA/VT Border, USA Flag
    #3326862 - 11/06/04 06:34 AM (12 years, 29 days ago)

I've known guys like this, in fact I once lost about $1,500 to two shady ex-roommates (long story). I'm guessing that the people who say 'stop being a pussy' or 'kick his ass' may also have had similar experiences since they sound kind of jaded. Most people are relatively honest and ethical, when you meet someone who dicks you around like this it's hard to know how to react - especially if you've been friends with them. At least he acknowledged that he owes you the boots. If he has any intention of actually replacing them I think your best shot would be forcing him to commit to a specific date. Tell him you need them for a camping trip or something and ask when exactly he intends to settle up. Give him some time to scrape the money together but stay on his ass about it. If he doesn't get you back when he says he will, he probably isn't ever going to. At that point you don't really have a whole lot of options. You don't want talk so much shit that he keys up your car or something, you also don't want to go to jail on assault charges. If you're willing to take the risk you could go jack something of his to recoup your losses. However, in the overall scheme of things $130 isn't a whole lot of money - I'd probably chalk this one up as an expensive lesson in choosing friends and go buy new boots.

Peace,

-Y

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Re: Confronting a shady person. [Re: ]
    #3327162 - 11/06/04 11:29 AM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Thanks guys for your advice. I have a fresh head and a new day and I'm confident that I'll get this situation resolved.

--------------------

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

#3328021 - 11/06/04 05:30 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

First things first. Go to an out let store and by the same boots for 60. Next things next. Stake out his house and waite for hm to come home preferably drunk. Now comes the important stuff. Come up and snuff him cold. Now rip of his shoes and beat his feet with a heavy rubber hose or any thing for that matter. Now piss in his shoes and maybe his face and walk away.

--------------------

User Gallery

Re: Confronting a shady person. [Re: Dreamer987]
    #3328033 - 11/06/04 05:33 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Idol threats or straight up violence almost always work. Kids owe me money and I tell em like this " if I dont get my money in five hours Im going to beat the fuckin piss out of you and your mother!" Never had to do it just had to say it.

--------------------

Offlinefelix
this and that
 User Gallery

#3328160 - 11/06/04 06:29 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

socratesmind said:

then you probably won't get your boots back.

toughen up man.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
Re: Confronting a shady person. [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3328162 - 11/06/04 06:30 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

SHEIKofSHIITAKE said:
First things first. Go to an out let store and by the same boots for 60. Next things next. Stake out his house and waite for hm to come home preferably drunk. Now comes the important stuff. Come up and snuff him cold. Now rip of his shoes and beat his feet with a heavy rubber hose or any thing for that matter. Now piss in his shoes and maybe his face and walk away.

no offense, but that's a horrible idea.

he has no /proof/ that the guy stole his shoes, only a good reason to assume. so by beating this kid senseless, unprovoked, he could get in a LOT of legal trouble. they're just shoes..christ

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Offline3eyes
Citizen of Earth
    #3328348 - 11/06/04 07:31 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

okay as nice as a person i am myself, i wouldnt go so far to lend some one my SHOES. I wouldn't wear my shoes if it has been worn by somebody else. there is a great potential for foot fungus

User Gallery

Re: Confronting a shady person. [Re: lukeboots]
    #3328469 - 11/06/04 08:36 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Are you serious? Dreamer said the kids dad has them. But you didnt read that did ya? You rather bitch about replies then read whats being replied. Any way do you think I would realy condone violence? What I support is not standing aside and leting some one literaly walk all over you. The kid would have been aproached by yours truely within a few weaks. Then steadily till the desired outcome has been atained.

--------------------

User Gallery

Re: Confronting a shady person. [Re: 3eyes]
    #3328476 - 11/06/04 08:41 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Foot fungus is cured by pissing on the feet in the shower. Seriously that and or a powdered dusting of pure sulfur.

--------------------

Offlinemar1juana
Stranger
Re: Confronting a shady person. [Re: felix]
    #3328533 - 11/06/04 09:13 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

felix said:
Quote:

socratesmind said:

then you probably won't get your boots back.

toughen up man.

That's the truth. There's alot of people that will take from you if you let them, because they are greedy pieces of shit. Tell him he has to come up with some boots or 130 dollars, if he doesn't feel like it your best option is violence

Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
Re: Confronting a shady person. [Re: mar1juana]
    #3329488 - 11/07/04 04:06 AM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Go over to his dad's house with him and call him on it in front of his dad, maybe dad will set it straight. Or maybe the dad will be a dick, hard tellin. Or take something from him of equal value, but tell him you are, don't steal it, just say "hey man i'm gonna hold on to XXXXX til i get my boots or 130 from ya". Setting a definately day to get you new boots would be a good idea too.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3329586 - 11/07/04 05:23 AM (12 years, 28 days ago)

does this guy never take his shoes off?

if he does just put them on and say they're your shoes :thumbup:

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Re: Confronting a shady person. [Re: stefan]
    #3330032 - 11/07/04 12:19 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

well I have some collateral of his and we decided upon a date to get my shoes back by thanksgiving. also I doubt the dad even has them 99% a lie. but now that I have collateral I feel a little better. if he wants to come up and start static that's his problem.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being