Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBrady_Lynn
:D

Lighting and humidity for my first casings.
    #3325183 - 11/05/04 04:03 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I am currently on my first grow. I have 4- 3/4 quart jars of popcorn reaching full colonization.

I plan on casing it with 70/30 verm/peatmoss, in two plastic casings. I plan to dampen the mixture, and nuke it for 5 minutes, take it out, and squeeze it over the sink to ring out excess moisture, then dampen it again, nuke it for another five, and ring again.

My first question, after I incubate the casings for the first couple days, do I start giving it light then? And how much? I have a blue fishtank lightbulb which I am using, and a friend told me 2 hours a day for the first few days should be fine, and once they reach full colonization I should start giving them more light.

Also, should I cold shock my casings when I want to trigger fruiting? Is 10-12 hours in the fridge fine?

My terrerium is a 14 gallon rubbermaid tub, which comfortably fits my two casings. I read that humidity should be kept a little lower than it should for cakes, so how much perlite/water should I use? I was planning on a 1 inch layer with less than a 1/4 inch of water. Should that be fine?

c02 levels are also a concern for me. How often should I fan for my grow? I was thinking once a day. More, less? Should I drill holes in the top of my rubbermaid? (There is already one, where the lighting fixure will sit on top of, it should allow some airflow, but not alot.

Thanks in advance for any help than anyone can give! I am excited for my first casings! xoxo

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
Re: Lighting and humidity for my first casings. [Re: Brady_Lynn]
    #3325209 - 11/05/04 04:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

well as for ringing out the casing you want some water in it so do ring out to much.

i went with 12/12 lighting for mine but it has taken a while to pin so i dont know if thats best

i fan 3-6 times a day and mist after wards hey if your really fancy which i am :smile: you can get some bromothymle blue from chem lab and add it to a flask of water why this turns yellow/ green it means the CO2 levels are getting to high the air is becoming acidic so fan until it turns blue again and then a little extra

the rest of the questions i leave up to some one who isnt on there first casing

-mike

--------------------
Only God Grows Amanita Muscaria

OfflineBrady_Lynn

Re: Lighting and humidity for my first casings. [Re: phantasm]
    #3325340 - 11/05/04 04:46 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, 12/12... When should I start? As soon as I throw them in my terrarium? Or after they start colonizing in my incubator?

Can anyone else help me out with ideas for my humidity and c02?

--------------------

InvisibleKlingonFromUranus
enthusiast

Loc: Los Angeles
    #3325359 - 11/05/04 04:52 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

DO NOT wring out the casing mixture after you sterilize. This will defeat the purpose of sterilzing and will expose your casing mixture to contams on your hands. Take your casing mix, wet it to feild consistency, cover with saran wrap and nuke it for ten minutes. Let cool completely.

After you case, cover with foil and let incubate for a week or two until ready to fruit. Then throw into fruiting chamber and expose to 12-16 hrs light and fan 5-6 times a day. More if you like.

--------------------

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
Re: Lighting and humidity for my first casings. [Re: KlingonFromUranus]
    #3325379 - 11/05/04 04:57 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm assuming she is going to be wearing sterile gloves if she wrings out the casing mix. Go with klingons advice, but use a microwavable bowl, and cover that with seran.

InvisibleKlingonFromUranus
enthusiast

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Lighting and humidity for my first casings. [Re: vc77]
    #3325406 - 11/05/04 05:03 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

vc77 said:
I'm assuming she is going to be wearing sterile gloves if she wrings out the casing mix. Go with klingons advice, but use a microwavable bowl, and cover that with seran.

hmmm...still, I wouldn't ever recommend touching anything that's been sterilized. Even with gloves :wink:

--------------------

OfflineBrady_Lynn

Re: Lighting and humidity for my first casings. [Re: KlingonFromUranus]
    #3325531 - 11/05/04 05:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you guys!

What would be an ideal perlite/water measurement for a 14 gallon tub and two casings?

How often should I fan?

--------------------

OfflineBrady_Lynn

#3326019 - 11/05/04 08:11 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry to bump this but if anyone could answer my questions that would be great. Time is of essence!

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #3326043 - 11/05/04 08:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Brady_Lynn said:
Thank you guys!

What would be an ideal perlite/water measurement for a 14 gallon tub and two casings?

How often should I fan?

perlite?  2 IN. OF PERLITE WITH 1 IN. OF WATER STANDING IN IT(sorry for the caps)

FAN:  3 to 5 times a day  Sounds good to me.GL :mushroom2: :stoned:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
    #3326052 - 11/05/04 08:22 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You can't fan too much, really. Every 6-8 hours minimum.

Isn't it usually 1" of water and 2" of perlite?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix