Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesuperseth
Still learning,but loving it!
Loc: Minnesota
contaminated jar question
    #3324899 - 11/05/04 04:35 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I've got four jars that I colonized with Amazonian, and all four are starting to show signs of contams, about an inch from the bottom. But the myc at the top still looks good. I was wondering if I could take the myc from the top and transfer it without contam problems from the bottom. Any help?

--------------------
There once was a man from Matrass, whose balls were made of fine brass. And in stormy weather, they both clanged together. And sparks flew out of his ass!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

Re: contaminated jar question [Re: superseth]
    #3325640 - 11/05/04 08:14 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

You could, it might work, but I wouldn't try to use it to inoculate grain. Maybe bulk; No guarantees. If it's a bacterial problem, and it is ONLY at the bottom, your chances are better. If it's mold, it's really not worth the risk. Mold can be throughout a jar, even if you only see the colors in a few spots. It's similar with bacteria, but if you're transfering to bulk and the spawn REALLY looks clean it might work out. The best thing, of course, is to try to figure out what the problem is and correct it. When done properly, very few jars should go bad. Since all four of your jars are 'bad', it implies something fundamentally wrong. So I wouldn't recommend playing around with them. There are potential toxin issues, allergy issues that you really should take seriously. Having said that, should you choose to try it out anyway, please be overly-careful manipulating the material.

Offlinesuperseth
Still learning,but loving it!
Loc: Minnesota
Re: contaminated jar question [Re: Suntzu]
    #3333591 - 11/08/04 04:48 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks. Didn't really think there was that much to consider. I don't think that's gonna happpen. Damn. Guess its' back to step 1.

--------------------
There once was a man from Matrass, whose balls were made of fine brass. And in stormy weather, they both clanged together. And sparks flew out of his ass!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum