Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineI_Sore
No pasturization required....I hope.
    #332271 - 06/02/01 09:53 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

My buddy just did some jars for his 'trops'.

He used unpasturized dung! thats where he gets nervous!

3 cups verm
2 cups composted manure
4 tbs ground brown rice
4 tbs ground quiona
2 tbs ground flax seed
2 tbs ground finch seed
1 1/2 cups water

Then it was mixed up and placed into half pint jars. Then ramsey sealed. Then he pressure cooked the jars for 50 minutes at 15 psi. He said he innoculated this morning after they had cooled over night.

We dont know if it will work. But we are giving it a shot anyway! Ill keep you posted on his progress!

- the Sore

Second star to the right, and straight on 'till morning..........Let us choke down some of this fairy dust and we are coming peter!

--------------------
Second star to the right, and straight on 'till morning..........Let us choke down some of this fairy dust and we are coming peter!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCowboyNeal
journeyman
Re: No pasturization required....I hope. [Re: I_Sore]
    #332339 - 06/02/01 11:55 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I-Sore, I think you've got two different things confused here. Pasteurization is for using manure as bulk substrate then you're going to spawn with colonized grain or other spawn.

When you're trying to go from spores, you need to pressure cook the substrate, as you did.

You do one or the other, not both. What you did sounds perfect.

OfflineAzure
old hand
Loc: California, USA
Re: No pasturization required....I hope. [Re: I_Sore]
    #332342 - 06/02/01 12:00 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Don't worry, you don't need to pasturize dung if you pressure cook it. After those jars fully colonize, break them up and let them recover for two days. Take dung and pasteurize them-for about 1.5 hrs at 200 degrees F. However, for pans, you probably want to sterilize the dung in a pressure cooker cuz the mycelium sucks and is easily prone to contam.

OfflineI_Sore
Re: No pasturization required....I hope. [Re: Azure]
    #332413 - 06/02/01 02:10 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

ahhhhh I see. Cool! Thanks guys.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate