Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDistortedPhlight
Stranger
Loc: Seattle,wa
Diff between acid and shrooms?
    #3259995 - 10/21/04 10:23 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

ok well ive trpped about 7 times now on mushies, and all of them have been great experiances i will never forget. but my friend can get some acid and i want to try it. but im a little apprehensive. can some tell me the major diffs between mushies and acid? or any advice on what to avoid doing or to do. any help would be great

....just my two caps worth

--------------------
"The world is full of choices and doors. the choices you make open and close certain doors. By choosing your own path, you will open the doors to your inner self, and inner peace."-me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Diff between acid and shrooms? [Re: DistortedPhlight]
    #3260009 - 10/21/04 10:26 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I think you'll like acid, if you can handle the worst that shrooms can throw at you, you definitly can hadnle acid... last a long time though, you probably won't be sleeping that night, that's alright though :thumbup:

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
    #3260043 - 10/21/04 10:34 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It's my opinion that the differences in shrooms and LSD are different in each person. For me, I could eat acid all day long, hit after hit and not ever get as confused mentally or blown away as a 7 gram mushroom dose will do me.

Others claim the opposite. Also with mushrooms I get much less visuals than I do on a high dose of LSD. My differences may be because I have taken way more LSD than mushrooms. Also, I get different types of visuals depending on the substance I'm using.

LSD seems to have more defined visuals for me, brighter colors as well. Mushrooms on the other hand has more of a circular, non-straight-edged, visuals than the LSD, and colors are more of a softer Autumn-ish colors. (Like the trees get in fall when they are changing color, orange, red, yellow).

Other than that, if I take a 4g dose of mushrooms, the mental creativity and feelings are basically the same to me as a 200 ug dose of LSD (4 hits on average).

Hope this helps,
- Silven

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

OfflineBlueOrb
prototype
Loc: The fourth dimension
Re: Diff between acid and shrooms? [Re: Silven]
    #3260102 - 10/21/04 10:52 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I've only taken acid 3 x and each time from the same batch (Mr Men)
I found that acid is not as beautiful as shrooms. The visuals are harsh rather than flowing. Became more mentally confused on acid, bad stomach cramps later on in the trip. I was really dissapointed with my acid trips, not what I had been led to believe they would be like from my reading material. However, maybe the acid I had was poor quality or something. I live in the u.k, and have found it difficult to get hold of acid. I would be keen to try again, if I could get hold of a batch. Anyone know of quality acid (Which prints) circulating the notts/derby area??
Anyway, I find mushrooms very magical, my experience of acid came no where close.

Mr men prints are  :stonedjerk:

--------------------
"They are trying to build a prison, for you and me to live in"

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
Re: Diff between acid and shrooms? [Re: BlueOrb]
    #3260411 - 10/21/04 12:25 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Acid to me is the nectar of the gods. I would eat that shit all day. the visuals are much crisper and more well defined for me than mushies. But mushies are still my fave, mainly due to there ease of aquisition. Acid is quite hard to find right now.

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3261795 - 10/21/04 06:50 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

That's odd, for me it's the opposite, I find LSD to be much more beautiful, bright and flowing. The differences are really hard to describe, but I find acid to be much better, and much cleaner. To me, all psychedelics seem to do the same thing, but at different levels of conciousness, acid is the highet level of conciousness I have ever experienced and i've dosed on many, many things. Acid makes me feel electric, I feel all the energy flowing around and in me. It makes me feel like an angel. I guess it all depends on what crystal is used, silver is really nice, and the white fluff is absolutely divine. Hopefully someday you get some fluff, that should give you a better experience. Oh, Silven, what type of hits have you been getting? All the good doses I have done have had 100-150 ugs per hit...i've had some seriously shitty ones with 15-20 though.

--------------------

Offlinecapnstem
mmmm...
Re: Diff between acid and shrooms? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3321213 - 11/04/04 06:25 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

acid definetly keeps me away for a long time. However, I find that on acid I usually have major mind fuck. Whereas on shrooms everything flows smoothly and is visual with a little mind fuck. Both are equally enjoyable...

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #3323250 - 11/05/04 04:41 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

BlueOrb said:
I've only taken acid 3 x and each time from the same batch (Mr Men)
I found that acid is not as beautiful as shrooms. The visuals are harsh rather than flowing. Became more mentally confused on acid, bad stomach cramps later on in the trip. I was really dissapointed with my acid trips, not what I had been led to believe they would be like from my reading material. However, maybe the acid I had was poor quality or something. I live in the u.k, and have found it difficult to get hold of acid. I would be keen to try again, if I could get hold of a batch. Anyone know of quality acid (Which prints) circulating the notts/derby area??
Anyway, I find mushrooms very magical, my experience of acid came no where close.

Mr men prints are  :stonedjerk:

Really? i find exactly the opposite from you in most things you've said. For me the stuff is basically a flow. A LOT less confusing than mushrooms. Crystal clear trip. Visuals sometimes can be a bit imposing but it's easy to get used to them.

U sure you taken acid? I never ever got any nausea or stomach cramps or body load from it. Shrooms upset my body quite a lot more. LSD is definitely the 'cleanest' oral psychedelic i ever tried.

Quote:

Acid to me is the nectar of the gods. I would eat that shit all day

That. I'd definitely eat it all day if i had no responsabilities  :crazy2:

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
Re: Diff between acid and shrooms? [Re: esin]
    #3323828 - 11/05/04 09:32 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

For me each acid trip and each shroom trip are like completly different substances, let alone trying to compare the two. I can eat shrooms one day and laugh for hours, and eat the same ones a month later and get my ass kicked by some deep philosophical shit, you never know. Acid is great though, I've had my favorite trip on acid, but my close second favorite on mushrooms. So I'm up in the air as to which I like more.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

OfflinePsillyOne
One I
    #3327217 - 11/06/04 09:55 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

They are really very similar except in how fast it takes to peak and in total duration. Most of us feel they each have their own distinctive characters though. For me, psilocybin feels like it has a spirit inside it that guides the tripper. LSD feels more abstract and devoid of personality (though not devoid of power!). Psilocybin takes 1 1/2 hours or so to peak for me and I'm down within 6-7 hours at most. LSD takes 2 1/2 to 3 hours to peak and it's generally 12 hours before I can sleep.

But each has very similar capacity to unlock our hearts and minds....

(or to confuse and terrify us....)

Offlinesublimesubmind
enthusiast
Re: Diff between acid and shrooms? [Re: PsillyOne]
    #3343912 - 11/10/04 09:24 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Shrooms are much more of a body trip. One will get much more sensory enhancement, generaly a soft , full feeling. They seem to really have a natural feeling to them.

LSD is an out of body experience that pretty much brings you down to a pair of eyeballs over in the left corner of the room, looking back at yourself sitting in the other corner looking at you, or your eyeballs that is.... anyway much harder feeling, like being right on the edge, as stated above- electric. The peak seems to be a doorway, the following 6+ hours is perfect blissfullness.

Edited by sublimesubmind (11/10/04 09:26 PM)

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
Re: Diff between acid and shrooms? [Re: sublimesubmind]
    #3343937 - 11/10/04 09:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I dunno I get a lot clearer visuals on a pyschedelic shroom trip then on an acid one. I can leave my body a lot easier on acid because I'm so fucked up all I wanna do is lay there and then my body goes numb and I'm on a roller coaster. Shrooms are more of a voice in my head telling me to lay dow nand when I do it I'm gently lifted from my body and "shown" things unlike acid where I seem to be the one controlling what I'm seeing. Like the acid visuals seem like its coming from my brain. The shrooms feel like the shrooms are a part of me and have to show me something.

OfflineMike_Ologist
4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamineconnoiseur
Re: Diff between acid and shrooms? [Re: vandago]
    #3344145 - 11/10/04 10:19 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'd be curious to know whether some of the differences people report are purely based on expectation--maybe when you eat shrooms, you feel that they're more natural, and so your brain guides you to a more natural-feeling trip.

But I don't really speak from experience :smile:  Wonder what y'all think.

OfflinePsillyOne
One I
Re: Diff between acid and shrooms? [Re: Mike_Ologist]
    #3346056 - 11/11/04 10:07 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Most studies done in the old days (when research was legal) showed that most people could not tell the difference between psilocybin and LSD except through onset and duration....

InvisibleKOPELANDIAA
Stranger
Loc: under a pine
    #3346786 - 11/11/04 01:44 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PsillyOne said:
They are really very similar except in how fast it takes to peak and in total duration. Most of us feel they each have their own distinctive characters though. For me, psilocybin feels like it has a spirit inside it that guides the tripper. LSD 

exactly !  :smile: With acid even in level 4 (if that means something !) i could choose the direction of the trip but with mushrooms it is like being taken by the hand by a powerful god..."you ! Go there ! Watch this ! Learn this !  :evil::eek:

Edited by KOPELANDIAA (11/11/04 01:45 PM)

OfflineMike_Ologist
4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamineconnoiseur
    #3346796 - 11/11/04 01:45 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I've read the same things. I'm curious whether the discrepancy is because the subjects back then weren't experienced psychonauts or because people here know what they're ingesting and it colors their journey.

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
Re: Diff between acid and shrooms? [Re: Mike_Ologist]
    #3346897 - 11/11/04 01:58 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'll still stand by no trip is alike except that familiar feelign of coming home to something, past that things go where they go.

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

OfflineMy_Corona
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Diff between acid and shrooms? [Re: sublime40oz]
    #3347213 - 11/11/04 02:43 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know how LSD effects everyone else (obviously) but I do know that from what I've experienced you can guide your trip. Also the visuals and enlightenment really seem to stem from the person themselves and their imagination alot more than shrooms do. I guess it does go back to that guiding spirit like mentioned above. However I've never had any kind of confusion or the feeling like Im "out of control" on acid like I think someone said earlier. But with everyone any drug effects different people in astronomically different ways. For some people alcohol releases the same chemicals as heroin, and with every other drug it really varies from person to person.

--------------------
Im on acid for YOUR protection...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract