Home | Community | Message Board

Radical Mycology Book by Chthaeus Press
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
The most annoying project ever
    #3320537 - 11/04/04 05:54 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I have a project to do for speech and it's really irritating me.  I have to work with a group and we have to do a problem-solving speech to present to the class.  Well, guess what our problem is to solve?

Student recycling. 

I guess I don't see the problem.  There are places to recycle in the student lounge.  I'm really not sure where the professor expects us to go with such a non-problem problem.  :confused:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMarshmallow
Stranger

Re: The most annoying project ever [Re: MOTH]
    #3320562 - 11/04/04 05:59 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

theres always something to make things better just a matter of finding it. make it easier for kids to get to them or just put more recycling things around for kids. theres lot of little ideas. put all those little idea's together and bam u have a giant super idea that benefits all

--------------------
Acosta: [singing] Let's give the boy a lift. Raoul Duke: What? No! We can't stop here! This is bat country!

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: The most annoying project ever [Re: Marshmallow]
    #3320580 - 11/04/04 06:03 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

My part in the whole thing is: Establishing Criteria for the problem.

Well, I know that includes establishing the boundaries/rules for finding a solution, but I'm not sure how creative I can be with establishing criteria. I wish my group hadn't delegated such an obscure part to me. I'm not sure what to do with it.

OfflineMarshmallow
Stranger

#3320604 - 11/04/04 06:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

just work hard and produce something, if it isnt 100% right it doesnt matter cause if its obvious you put time and energy into what you DID do then you cant go wrong

--------------------
Acosta: [singing] Let's give the boy a lift. Raoul Duke: What? No! We can't stop here! This is bat country!

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #3321208 - 11/04/04 08:24 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

It seems that the most obvious problem would be the lack of motivation within students to actually recycle.
I would build on this particular criterion and expand on the psychology of the lack of motivation that exists in not only collegiate students but many of the world's populace.
After listing multiple underlying causes, reasons and possibilities behind the mentality of disrespect for the health of the environment, I would then go on to discuss the solutions to the awakening and support of environmental awareness and healthy recyclying behaviors. List ways to make recycling practically unavoidable, fun, interesting and so forth. Even if some of your solutions may sound diaphanous, don't worry - it's all theoretical anyway. In fact, I would bet that your teacher would appreciate creativity over the lack of practicality in the presentation of such solutions. :smile:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

InvisibleTheDude
is waiting forthe peak

#3321297 - 11/04/04 08:39 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

college is all about doing stupid meaningless bullshit to keep you busy while the school steals your money and gives you a piece of paper in return that the man says you need if you want a job that doesn't involve flipping burgers or digging ditches for the rest of your life.  yeah school! :flipthebird:

--------------------
"this lebowski he called himself 'the dude'. now, 'dude', that's a name no one would self-apply where i come from but there was a lot about the dude that didn't make sense to me...."--the Stranger

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub