Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMentalPiracy
journeyman
Large Autoclavable Gusseted Bulk Spawn Bags?
    #3318938 - 11/04/04 10:36 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i have purchased these bags from sporeworks. i dont have a pressure cooker what is the best way to inject these and sterilize them without a pressure cooker?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Large Autoclavable Gusseted Bulk Spawn Bags? [Re: MentalPiracy]
    #3318986 - 11/04/04 10:50 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

what bags? what's in it? If it's grain, you'll have to PC or do fractional sterilation. That's when you boil/steam sterilize for 1-2 hours each day for 3 days.

If it's poo or something that needs pasteurization, it's something else all together. But if the bags came with substrate.. hell.. can you give me the link to the bags? I'll just look at it.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineMentalPiracy
journeyman
Re: Large Autoclavable Gusseted Bulk Spawn Bags? [Re: Sam1912]
    #3319012 - 11/04/04 10:59 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.sporeworks.com/supplies.html its down there in the middle somewhere but i am trying to use a brf tek with these, is that possible?

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3319026 - 11/04/04 11:08 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Oh, I thought they had substrate already in them...

PC or no PC will depend on what you put in there.
Yes, you can use BRF/verm.  But that's kind of waste of bags...  Are you going to use it to spawn or just going to use the bags to make some cake like substrate?

I think grains like rye, rye berries, WBS(wild bird seed), or popcorn would be better choice... 

But yeah, you can put BRF and verm in there and make a substrate.  I think you can grow in-vitro right in the bags, too.  Not something I'd recommend, but you can.  You really should plan on spawning or better yet, a casing or two.  In which case, rye or other grains will do well.  Do fractional sterilization so you don't have to buy a PC.

There's also always that option of just buying jars and making some PF jars by the Teks(this would use BRF/verm).  And you can end up with cakes like this. :wink:

Sorry, I can't be really specific, but I'm still not clear as to what you want to do with these, yet.

Good luck

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineMentalPiracy
journeyman
    #3319031 - 11/04/04 11:11 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

basiclly i wanted to use these bags instead of jars just for the simple fact of size and cost

OfflineMentalPiracy
journeyman
    #3319045 - 11/04/04 11:15 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i am going to be using the super strain koh samui strain better what tek should i use to produce these. any help will be appreciated

--------------------
Its 8:12 I hope you 8 1 2?

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3319116 - 11/04/04 11:33 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

yeah, go for it.

Just follow the formulas in the Tek and put a whole bunch in there. You can crumple the substrate at 25% and 75% colonization like grains to speed up the colonization. Plan on casing.(I know.. more reading)

I think the filters are waterproof? You might have to put some tape over that. If you do, you can use a piece of foil little larger than the filter and cover the filter before taping over it.

You don't need to PC for BRF/verm. Sterilize using pot and water. Wrap the bags in a towel when you boild the bags and make sure the filter is above the waterline when you boil them. Boil gently for 1 hour with lid on.

Make sure you let it cool overnight and then inoculate.

Cube is a cube. Follow the Teks basically with few exceptions like bags, of course.

Hopefully that helps.

Good luck

Sam

Two more things... 1. If you like PF tek, buying jars really pays off in the end. 2. Grains are better for casing. Couple of things for you to think about.

--------------------

Offlinexistenz
Stranger

#3319638 - 11/04/04 02:10 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

sam, your patience is astonishing.  :smirk:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation