Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Blue green and shiny, almost iradescent on straw
    #3318920 - 11/04/04 10:30 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I'll try and get some pics this afternoon.  It is only a small section and hasn't spread much, though it now has migrated from one log to the other.  They tried cutting away the contaminated half but it resurfaced right on edge. 

It is a couple of dime sized spots that grows very slowly.  But  I was told there now appears to be another spot the diameter of a pen on another log.  When they cut it off, it appeared to be only on the surface. 

Some shrooms had already been harvested.  Should they be thrown out?  (I feel I probably know the answer to this, just need someone else to say it so I don't feel so bad telling them  :sad:)

This was on coastal bermuda hay by the way.  It might not of been completely cured as some of the pieces had a greenish (though slight) tint to them.  I was amazed it worked and wheat straw seems to be the only kind that been said to work.

I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Blue green and shiny, almost iradescent on straw [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #3319472 - 11/04/04 01:19 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Some shrooms had already been harvested. Should they be thrown out?

If it is just superficial and the contaminated area is small, then i believe they are ok to consume.
Anyway, pics would be better ....

Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum