Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley, Jimi Hendrix, Microscope, The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineQuinny
Alien

Loc: NSW, Australia
First Time Acid User
    #3318624 - 11/04/04 06:41 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Hi Everyone.

On Friday night myself and a close and personal friend will be doing acid for our first time in my very familiar room! Now just wanted to ask does anyone have any tips, ideas, or ways they set up their surroundings on acid. I'm referring to things such as lighting, temperature, music things as such. Is there any things not to do on acid that will result in a bad trip. Also i understand that you should just have a normal flow of food. Is this true? If so what food is the best and what drink is the best. I also heard that caffeine is not good on acid

Thanks In Advance people

--------------------
Understand, Think free & be set free!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

Re: First Time Acid User *DELETED* [Re: Quinny]
    #3318632 - 11/04/04 06:52 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by BanJankri

Reason for deletion: delete

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: First Time Acid User [Re: BanJankri]
    #3318658 - 11/04/04 07:31 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

There's a lot of tips that can be given for first time acid use...

-Don't eat too much acid.
-Don't panic, it makes a mess really quickly.
-Keep a close friend's phone number on a speed dial. Your ability to dial numbers will be severely impaired.
-Don't eat heavy before the trip.
-Don't drive or move anything heavy.
-Keep a jacket handy in case you want to go outside.
-Clear the plan for the whole evening and the following day.
-Have different music handy. It helps a little when you change the music when you start to panic.
-Remember that you took acid. If you are taking more than 1 hit, you might want to write yourself a sticky somewhere. Occasionally I forget I took some acid early in the peak.
-Remember that acid doesn't cause any physical damage.
-Remember that trip will be over in about 8 hours. Psychosis is something different than tripping. If you are seeing stuff and feel liquidy, you are still tripping.
-Keep whatever you might need handy... water in small bottles, some light snacks, breath mints(liquid kind is more refreshing...), trash can to yack in(doesn't happen often), some money in the pocket, etc... You probably won't want to smoke(if you smoke) for first few hours. Same for eating... If you drink a lot of water during onset, you're more likely to throw up.
-keep your lights dim, not off. You'll get better visuals. If you feel overwhelmed, turn all the lights on as bright as possible. It'll help you break out of most of hallucination for split second so you can reset your experience.

In general for planning your trip, expect the mind f*ck. Hallucination is just a small part in acid trip. As far as trippy stuff... don't worry about it. You'll find plenty of things to look at... ceiling is always a good place to look(I suggest you try not look at it for hours like some of us do). Most things you say "hey, that'd be cool on acid", turns out not as appealing on acid. But you'll likely to find something totally insignificant thing right next to it that'll draw you away from that thing you wanted to look at. You'll have fun. Be safe and happy tripping.

Bon Voyage!

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineBiohazard81
Seeker ofReality
Re: First Time Acid User [Re: Sam1912]
    #3318664 - 11/04/04 07:39 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Some great tips there. I also find that the second a negative thought enters your head, just think NO! in your head, smile and start thinking about something cool like the colours on a picture or something. On shrooms i often find myself thinking about something that will bring me down to a bad state but i just won't let myself. Just tell myself off then do something, change the subject, play a computer, draw, walk. Anything. Your mind will forget very soon.

Remember - smile and think of something like a liquid rainbow :smile:

--------------------
It's not what, it's why.....

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: First Time Acid User [Re: Biohazard81]
    #3318689 - 11/04/04 08:00 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

oh yeah.. that's what I was trying to remember. Good one Biohazard. Yeah, anything that can distract you for 3 seconds straight will be enough to make you forget worries. Trying to talk yourself out of it rarely works. It just makes you think about it more and fear builds like anything else on acid.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: First Time Acid User [Re: Quinny]
    #3318703 - 11/04/04 08:16 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

for lighting, some candles or other dommed light is nice
have lots of good music ready

OfflineLuciferSam2
Madcap

Loc: Milton Keynes, UK
Re: First Time Acid User [Re: stefan]
    #3318728 - 11/04/04 08:48 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The first time I did Acid was back in 1988 after a night out at a local club - we had a couple of bottles of beer, scored, then 8 of us (4 of whom I didn't really know that well) went back to my friends house (his parents were away) and dropped.

We ordered a pizza when we got back as it was about 12 midnight and we were hungry. About 45 mins later, the pizza arrived and no-body could remember (for some reason) who had ordered it and who was paying, much confusion on the doorstep but we finally all dug deep into our pockets and scraped together enough to pay the by now totally bewildered delivery guy!...anyways, we took the pizza into the kitchen and started to slice it up....I took a slice and started to eat it which was the exact moment that I thought: hmmm, I'm not hungry, this cheese looks like plastic and why is it so stringy feeling in my mouth, and why do I have no spit to swallow it with....at the very moment I spat the mouthful of pizza into my hand and said to the rest of the group 'This doesn't taste right...' I looked up to see my friends with the same sparkly black eyes, same strange expression on their faces (we were all LSD virgins) and the same unspoken question 'are we tripping now'??

I went upstairs by myself as I was feeling like I needed a cigarette and could only smoke out of my friend Richards bedroom window. In there, I took a look at the vinyl LP on the turntable and saw it was Hendrix...that'll do, calm me down I thought as by now, I was feeling like my bones and skin were not the same tight fit they always had been!

After about 2 minutes of All along the watchtower, well the solo with wah wah..Jesus...the guitar was speaking to me..dunno what it was saying, but the whole room just at that point seemed to explode in brightness, sparkling light emanating from every conceivable thing in there...like a prism, or microscope held up to a room filled with jewels...I just stood there staring in disbelief at the wallpaper doing its fluid groovy thing to Jimi's talking guitar...which by now had slowed right down, the record seemed to be playing now so slowly...

This guy I didn't really know, Adrian, came into the room (I heard his footsteps on the stairs the very moment he took his first step, right at the bottom, even though the record was playing quite loud)and smiled at me...his teeth seemed to be too big for his face, his eyes were like a rabbit caught in headlights...pupils like dinnerplates with this look of 'this is the first time I have ever seen anything ever' on his face....that was it, lift off!!

We spent the next 8 hours or so smoking and making tracer patterns in the semi-dark, listening to Hawkwind records (we played the track 'Shouldn't do that' about 8 times repeatedly...for those in the know, you'll know!, making ourselves believe that the hedgeplants we could see outside the patio window in the gloom were marauding elves coming in to get us....having glimpses of absolute truth...I remember at one point standing up in front of these people that yet again, I didn't really know that well and exclaiming 'Now I understand!!' - 'Understand what?' came the question back..'I don't know..I can't remember' - much laughter, I should have been socially embarrassed, but I didn't care..nobody cared, we were all like new born kids, or infants at least, getting the most amount of fun out of just being stupid together, in this room of jewels and weird music!

I'll never forget that night, totally unplanned, random people, set and setting? - there was none, we were like 'Fuck..we got some Acid, lets neck it and see what happens!' - freaky dancing indeed!

I can't imagine a better night than that night, and yet I always always thought that my first time would be very reverential (after all, I'd read and re-read The Doors of Perception by Huxley for months, and thought that I too would be the studious examiner of this psychedelic visionary journey! - ha ha, lofty ideals there old Ego of mine!)and 'planned'.

So, in summary - just do it! - it's just a ride and you'll come out of it like you've been through a carwash for the soul!

Have fun - thanks for listening.

--------------------
Sugarman..you're the answer, that makes my questions disappear...

OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
Re: First Time Acid User [Re: LuciferSam2]
    #3318913 - 11/04/04 10:28 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Very good trip report!  :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinesublime40oz
Traveler
Loc: Florida
Re: First Time Acid User [Re: FlusH]
    #3320089 - 11/04/04 03:50 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Nice report lucifer, my first acid trip was very similar to yours. It was sophmore year of high school. My friend walks up to me before homeroom with a big grin on his face and says "I have some blotter you want to eat it with me today?" "SURE," was the only thing I could blurt out.

We waited until after school to drop, smoked a couple bongs and set out for a walk through town in the snow to another friends house, who was going to keep an eye on us I guess was the plan. Needless to say we got very very sidetracked by playing in the snow, and how amazingly bright and vivid it was. I felt like my eyes had a curtain lifted off of my retinas and for the first time was seeing things as they should be, unfiltered.

Eventually an older friend came to pick us up because we were not able to make our way to my friends house, too many distractions. He stopped off at burger king and though he was doing me a favor by buying me a big mac and a soda. I thanked him and was about to take a bite, but instead decided to squeeze the burger. To my disgust this oozey(sp?) poisonous looking stuff dripped out (greese, ketchup, and whatever other filth is on those things) and made me instantly feel ill. I chucked the burger accross burger king, which earned me many strange glances from the employees in the place. I felt bad for the guy with the broom and plastic thing so I went and cleaned it up myself and than we left.

When we got to my friends house I was greeted by his dog who's left eye opened up to about 6 inches in diamater and gave me a huge wink, this got me laughing pretty hard. Than out comes Mr. R from the kitchen who I had known from travel soccer and other things since I had been about 5 years old. He was talking to me but all I could hear was "mumble mumble mumble." In my head I responded intelligently and went on my way down to the basement, in reality I stared at him open mouthed for 30 seconds than walked very hastily for the basement door, oops.

Downstairs me and my tripping friend had some very intense conversations that I don't fully remember and what I do remember would take ages to type and this is already long so that's for another day. We shared a hallucination while playing a game of pool that when broken, the balls jumped off the table, floated around for a few seconds, than warped to the other side of the table and reformed the original triangle. This blew my socks off especially when we realized that we both saw it happen, we played the rest of that pool game just taking turns not knowing who was solids and stripes and just playing the way we decided pool should be played. If you got a ball in you put it in your pocket, and no matter what we would switch turns after every shot. Great first acid trip I had the most amazing time of my life, gained quite a few new perspectives and have never tripped that hard since.

A few hours later my dad comes to pick me up, looks into my eyes, and asks inquisitively if I am ok to drive. Naturally as a dumb high school student would I said i'm cool. Made a total ass out of my self on that drive home, at the time I just said I was stoned, which was no big catastrophy in my house. Months later I had told him I was on acid and he told me about some of his trips, and told me in moderation it's not a bad drug. Well if you read through all of that congratulations lol, and I hope you have as good of a time as I did. DRESS WARM and go outside and wander around, just don't go too far.
(there I added some paragraph breaks)

--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

Edited by sublime40oz (11/04/04 03:54 PM)

OfflineLuciferSam2
Madcap

Loc: Milton Keynes, UK
Re: First Time Acid User [Re: sublime40oz]
    #3320141 - 11/04/04 04:02 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

'I chucked the burger accross burger king, which earned me many strange glances from the employees in the place. I felt bad for the guy with the broom and plastic thing so I went and cleaned it up myself and than we left'

LOL - yeah, all of a sudden you feel that it's true. I was at a house party years ago after the Acid House thing in the UK had turned to E and raves, and we were all sat outside in the garden of this big house in London round a bonfire, it was about 6 am and chilly...this guy finds this big rotten plank of wood and threw it on the fire..until about a minute later when we heard all these snails popping and everyone was going 'aahhh...the poor snails' and seriously, people were going 'we gotta get the plank off the fire and save the snails!'

He he - fun times - I also played pool once when waiting to come up, and the balls would not go into the pockets at all..angles were all over the place!

Thanks for the props guys too. Hey Quinny, be back with your own report soon?

--------------------
Sugarman..you're the answer, that makes my questions disappear...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley, Jimi Hendrix, Microscope, The Doors

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience