Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetycjc
Stranger
Amanita Muscaria questions!!!!
    #3317609 - 11/03/04 10:22 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Im going to try fly amanita's for the first time and I had a few questions.

First, Is there any other mushroom that resembles Amanita Muscaria? I have 2 diff kinds red and orange caps with white dots, white gills/stem and viel. Unless there is another mushroom that looks exactly like Amanita Muscaria I am sure they are the right kind.

I used about 5 grams of oven dried caps and stem mix to make tea. Is this a fairly safe dose? I plan on drinkin it in like a hour or so.....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedarkstar122982
A machination ofthe Gods

Loc: The womb of chaos.
Re: Amanita Muscaria questions!!!! [Re: tycjc]
    #3317896 - 11/03/04 11:25 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Do you know what to expect with Amanitas'? There indeed are differen't types of Amanitas.

I don't know if you have previous experience in this area for sure or not, but from what I've gathered so far. For those who know what they are doing and what to expect, I suppose they get something out of the experience yet for those who aren't familiar with it it could and most likely would possibly turn out to be a most upleasurable experience. Amanita are not like The Active species of mushrooms containing Psilocyben.

I myself Have never tried it and most likely won't. I'm not putting down anything having to do with consuming Amanita Muscaria I'm just saying it's not for me..... :blush:
Sorry for any bad spelling on my part.

just wondering... You don't seem completely confident in your knowledge of what you'r attempting to consume, and you say you've already made a tea out of it. I wouldn't drink it, I  never have  been to partial to "real" near-death experiences.... :wink:

It's always best to put your safety before consumption.

--------------------

Awaken Within!

Edited by darkstar122982 (11/03/04 11:34 PM)

Offlinetycjc
Stranger
    #3317971 - 11/03/04 11:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I guess i'll find out soon. They look exactly like Amanita Muscaria. I looked at all the diff amanita species and none of them look even close so im not gona worry about it.

Im not to worried about it, 5g's is nothing I cant handle.

OfflinerekcoF
yee yee
Loc: Humboldt county--Euerka
    #3318069 - 11/04/04 12:02 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

lmao 5g's your dead

--------------------

Offlinetycjc
Stranger
    #3318102 - 11/04/04 12:09 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

5g's is a low dose.

Offlinedarkstar122982
A machination ofthe Gods

Loc: The womb of chaos.
Re: Amanita Muscaria questions!!!! [Re: rekcoF]
    #3318104 - 11/04/04 12:10 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Just Like I was thinking as well. Their are evil Fungus among us that seek to infiltrate us with their vile toxins, yet don't be fooled. Sorry, just playing around with that last part. lol Seriously though, good advice is offerred around here for very good reasons.

Yet even though I admit that I am not too familiar with the Fly Agarics, I do know that any dose of a toxic poison from a toxic mushroom can kill youl so at least make sure you're aware of the side effects of being seriously poisoned, save some of the tasty fungus, "just in case" and bring it to the hospital with you, to recieve treatement asap. That's just if you plan on risking it.

Yet, hey, maybe you know more about this than me so I'll just shut up now.  :stoned:

--------------------

Awaken Within!

Edited by darkstar122982 (11/04/04 12:19 AM)

Offlinetycjc
Stranger
Re: Amanita Muscaria questions!!!! [Re: darkstar122982]
    #3318143 - 11/04/04 12:19 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

heh, Ive tried smoking it a few times and it gave a nice buzz. Im not worried about the trip, there not deadly in reasonable amounts. I was mainly just wondering about look alikes and I found there wasnt really any, its easy to identify.

I have some friends thats tried it and they just told me to take a low dose and i'll be fine.

Offlinetycjc
Stranger
    #3318312 - 11/04/04 01:23 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

wow its kickin in now lol... Ya its the right kind lol. I only drank half the tea I made. I have a really nice bodyhigh and my visions messed up a bit. no nausea or any bad effects so far. kinda like a trippy drunk/stoned buzz. Smoked some pot to and it seems to go well with it. So far its better then i expected.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3318347 - 11/04/04 01:39 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Its not too smart to eat un identified mushrooms....but, luckily Amanita muscaria's are hard to miss. However, I have seen at least 5 mis-identified mushrooms on the boards here...the guys thought they were A. muscaria, but, were not.

Anyways, I sure hope you have the right ones.

Id like to hear how your trip goes... Ive heard some pretty bad things about the feelings from consuming that shit.

Offlinetycjc
Stranger
    #3318380 - 11/04/04 01:55 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I had a identification book and I was 100% sure they were a. muscaria. I just wanted to be 100% sure there was nothing that might look almost exactly like it.

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3318575 - 11/04/04 03:44 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

rubescens looks quite like it but is considered an edible. smoking and eating is a TOTALLY different high. smoking, for me anyway, was nothing compared to eating! cehack out todcasils post in the garden about amanitas also check erowids and its links.

its not a psilo trip at all...but its liked by many as well as hated by many.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Offlinemeadownymph
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Amanita Muscaria questions!!!! [Re: kadakuda]
    #3318827 - 11/04/04 07:55 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If I recall, the first part of my high with fly agaricus was exactly like being drunk, giggly, but watery eyes and yawning. Then I fell asleep. I woke up almost every half-hour, turned my pillow cause the drool was all over it, proceeded like that all night. Cold sweats, drooling, restlessness. It wasn't all that awful, but once was enough to answer any questions I had about the experience. Our dog ate some as well. She had all the same physical reactions we did. She doesn't wish to study on them any more...lol.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #3320313 - 11/04/04 02:52 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If "exactly" the same means having a red cap with white warts and the other basic features of an Amanita, then there are several species you could confuse with Amanita muscaria.

Such as:

A. parcivolvata
A. rubrovolvata
A. frostiana

This is *not* anything like an exhaustive, complete list. It's just a few species off the top of my head of (at least sometimes) red capped Amanitas that could be confused with A. muscaria.

Note that just because the specimen you found doesn't look like the specimens in a photo of one of those species you find somewhere doesn't mean it isn't that species. Comparing mushrooms to photographs is a method that regularly gets people poisoned through misidentification. You have to know exactly which features in the photos are important for comparison and which are not.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates