Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Dissociatives and the body/mind/soul boundary
    #3316933 - 11/03/04 10:22 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Out of all the drugs I've tried, DXM remains my favorite because of a very interesting effect you get while tripping. Many dexers can attest to this when I say that DXM gives you a very detached, objective view of reality. Even under a light psychoactive dose, you may think odd thoughts about your behavior and the behavior of others, like "why am I acting this way?" or "that's a strange thing that people do." I can say with certainty that under the influence of DXM my thoughts shift significantly from subjective to objective, in the sense that I'm observing realtiy as if I wasn't prone to my ordinary human interpretation of events and sensory stimuli.

Now I was just thinking, how could this objective shift occur if all a dissociative does is separate your mind and body. Are subjective thoughts part of my body, and I'm leaving them behind as my mind dissociates itself more from my body? But that doesn't make sense, because how can subjective thoughts originate from my body? So I got to thinking, that maybe in addition to body/mind dissociation there is also a dissociation of mind and soul. To avoid confusion I'll define soul here as consciousness independent of the mind and body. So, perhaps this effect is the objective soul dissociating from the subjective mind? Thus there'd be a dissociation of body, mind, and soul, rather than just body and mind.

Taking that idea further, here's another possibility: if the brain/mind is simply a computer-like interface between consciousness and body, then perhaps the effect of dissociatives is that the effectiveness of the mind interface is actually weakened or lessened. Then the connection between the soul and body is not as seemless with an apparent "gap" between them, causing the intense feeling of separation and detachment we know as dissociation.

...Or maybe it's just chemicals affecting my brain. Who knows?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Dissociatives and the body/mind/soul boundary [Re: ]
    #3317067 - 11/03/04 10:46 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

and or what ever, connection between the soul and body is language? :P

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology