Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineN_R_Z
Stranger
Fucked my first grow up before i started
    #3315385 - 11/03/04 02:14 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I decided to try a mushroom grow using the brown rice flower/vermiculite cake technique. I was planing on doing it all last sunday. I was interupted after i had put all the stuff in the jars, but before i could sterilize them. I went to sterilize them just now, and noticed they reak of garbage. This probably means there is some other fungi already living in them.

Not ever growing shrooms before i'm looking for a little advice on what to do.
Should I sterilize them anyways and go forward as if they didnt reak?
Should I empty them out, replace the flower and vermiculite, and then go ahead?
Or should i throw them out all together and get new jars and start over completely?

Thanks,
N_R_Z

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Fucked my first grow up before i started [Re: N_R_Z]
    #3315403 - 11/03/04 02:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

>Should I empty them out, replace the flower and vermiculite, and then go ahead?

Empty them, wash them well with water and soap and start anew.

OfflineN_R_Z
Stranger
Re: Fucked my first grow up before i started [Re: Anno]
    #3315411 - 11/03/04 02:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'll try that, thanks

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
Re: Fucked my first grow up before i started [Re: N_R_Z]
    #3315457 - 11/03/04 02:29 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yea, you didn't fuck up anything. If anything, consider yourself lucky, you now know you have a contaminated place. Take additional measures to create a steril environment, then empty out all of the contaminated crap, wipe down your jars, refill them, sterilize, then inoculate. But from the sound of things, the biggest piece of advice you probably need is to read read read!

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: Fucked my first grow up before i started [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3315705 - 11/03/04 03:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

so u prepared it and left it sit i take it?

pack em, then sterilize em. then let them sit to make sure theyre sterile. then innoc. outside as clean as posssible. use tyvek with no tape o the 4 holes.incubate, and flip if they slow down a bit.

you will be golden.

GL!

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Fucked my first grow up before i started [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3315809 - 11/03/04 04:09 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

smell is usually associated with bacterial contam. Use a little bleach to ensure cleanliness when you clean. and rince really well.

Good luck

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract