Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD   Amazon The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
"the show must go on"
    #3315427 - 11/03/04 04:23 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Taking the stage, the yells and screams could be heard miles around, if only it was allowed. He looked around seeing the many crazed fans just wanting him to play his music before boredom sets in. A long pause...

what we need tonight is not just yells and screams, but of unity and peace. Not a bunch of fabricated BS that you won't remember after tonight is over...

And his speech pretty much went like this for the next five minutes. Some were intrigued by his madness while others began to filter it out...

...my life was insignificant until music came back and took hold of me, showing me the meaning and worth of life.

Some cheered and some said "what the hell is this guy saying, play some music." The doors closed and the pyro went off. In his mind the bell tolls for him, and only him as he walked with those fire engine red eyes. many in the audeince were confused asking what was to come of all this?

the man poured liquid over himself until the club smelled of gasoline. The useince didnt know what to do as the the lights went out. The man spoke with a divine aura around him...

In the name of peace and unity you will remember this day for the rest of your life and mine

outro music played as the pyro went off again all that was left was a ball of fire as the man screamed in agony.

"sweet jesus," said one

"peace and unity?" questioned another

The man fell to the ground as the fire consumed his body whole as his remains melted into the air. Everyone was silent, except for a few that cried over a man they never knew. Out came a man in the a shovel and scraped his remains off the stage. another man approached the stage, took the mic, and played with the remaining members.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: "the show must go on" [Re: kaiowas]
    #3315504 - 11/03/04 04:40 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I get it but I don't get it :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :confused:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3315564 - 11/03/04 04:50 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Was this Great White's final show?

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this
Re: "the show must go on" [Re: Jellric]
    #3315638 - 11/03/04 05:19 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Neat story, did this actually happen?

:fire:

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: "the show must go on" [Re: deff]
    #3316239 - 11/03/04 08:12 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Good shit.

But why must this archetype (the hero) always end in literal sacrifice?

If death is accepted, is it still the most profound example of certainty?

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Re: "the show must go on" [Re: Sclorch]
    #3316399 - 11/03/04 08:50 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

excellent question as you hit one of the core reasons i wrote this short story (there are a couple of other). I wanted to write something that would normally be "against" what I "believe" I've been getting accustomed to doing things like this so I can see for myself how my ego reacts.

could the reason the hero model seems to end in sacrifice because thats how many of us define a hero? a person who sacrifices him/herself for the "good" of "others" I put our only character at the center of attetion as he tried in his last ditch effort to prove his point.

in other words, can a seemingly selfless act such as burning yourself alive actually really be an act of ego? The "I'm so correct that I will end it all here and now so then you may understand"

If this actually happened, I wonder how much of the audience would get the message he was trying to convey, and furthermore, how many of them would be willing to lay it out all on the line to show others the same message.

"If death is accepted, is it still the most profound example of certainty? "

i think so, only if death is accepted though.

does anyone here really accept death, and furthermore, can we accept something we have yet to experience?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3316446 - 11/03/04 08:59 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

That was the part I got didn't get. If the show goes on, why leave? People don't see you go anywhere special after you die. They just saw him being swept off of the floor. I would think, "All that guy proved was that he had a few to many marbles loose".

And Yes, it would definetly be a huge egoic thing to do because only the ego would care to prove it's rightious convictions to others with such an extreme.

"I am so right, I am willing to set myself ablaze to prove it" :crazy:

Juts my fiddy tree cents.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Re: "the show must go on" [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3316463 - 11/03/04 09:02 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i only used the man setting himself on fire because I was reading how some buddhists have done so. but fire is not the only way.

did ghandi do something very similar as he seemingly starved himself in self sacrifice to get his point across? where does the line get drawn?

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3316511 - 11/03/04 09:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

What I said about the theoretical guy above I would apply to Ghandi.

Then again, I think I am one of the few if not only, that doesn't beleive Jesus let himself be crucified either.

Of course this is all just my opinion stuff. How can you judge either case as a right or wrong thing to do? It makes no sense to me other then what I interpreted it to be.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#3316530 - 11/03/04 09:13 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

"And Yes, it would definetly be a huge egoic thing to do because only the ego would care to prove it's rightious convictions to others with such an extreme."

"How can you judge either case as a right or wrong thing to do? It makes no sense to me other then what I interpreted it to be."

if everything is up to your interpretation, then why do an act for the good of others?

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3316613 - 11/03/04 09:25 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not sure if I understand your question, because how I interprete what bonfire boy or Ghandi did may not be how others would.

It was just my opinion.

Doing good for and to others just FEEEEEEEEEEELLLLS good. How others interpret what I do, I have no control over.

I just got done giving 3 people 5 shroom ratings because it feeeeeels good to do. How can you share the love when you are dead and martyring yourself?

Others need to reply to your explanation thread. I'm sure others will have different views.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (11/03/04 09:26 PM)

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3316652 - 11/03/04 09:33 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I could also add that someone who is as close to ego loss as one can be, even if they are so depressed they beleive their life does not matter, they can easily commit suicide.

It's if they are doing it to PROVE that their beliefs are RIGHT is where the ego stuff comes in. Only ego is concerned with needing proof to be right or proving ones rightness. I can't fathom eternal spirit giving a damn either way.

Are you asking if it is admirable if people prove ego loss by killing themselves?

At this moment, I just want to understand you and why you posted this, I'm still confused about that. :confused: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (11/03/04 09:39 PM)

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3316738 - 11/03/04 09:45 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
I wanted to write something that would normally be "against" what I "believe" I've been getting accustomed to doing things like this so I can see for myself how my ego reacts.
Quote:

Here it is. If you don't beleive this, how is your ego being challenged or tested by putting it out there as an actual heart felt beleif of yours?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
    #3316815 - 11/03/04 10:00 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Ghandi began to starve himself to death in order to show his disaproval of the recent violence which went against his message of non-violence.

Soon after he began, the violence stopped.

I wouldn't call that an egoic action at all.

Of course, labelling things as products of an ego is like chasing your tail :smile:

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: "the show must go on" [Re: deff]
    #3316857 - 11/03/04 10:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I didn't know why Ghandi starved himself. kaio just offered him up as a sacrificial martyr type for example.

I don't know what to call what he did but I do know, I see no virtue in it.

Thats what spoiled children do when they don't get their way. Thats manipulative. It's like saying, I don't like this so I will keep harming myself until you stop it. Why not say, "I do not like this, and I will keep loving myself and all until it changes?"

I agree with your last line def because to me, it's all ego here in human for- some healthy and balanced and some not.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3316949 - 11/03/04 10:27 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Ghandi's fast was a political trick not a spiritual one. It was merely a manipulation of public opinion...an effective one.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlinelovelight
float

Loc: yellow submarine
Re: "the show must go on" [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3317008 - 11/03/04 10:37 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
Quote:

kaiowas said:I wanted to write something that would normally be "against" what I "believe"  I've been getting accustomed to doing things like this so I can see for myself how my ego reacts.
Quote:

Here it is. If you don't beleive this, how is your ego being challenged or tested by putting it out there as an actual heart felt beleif of yours?

Read Kaiowas's statement again. It's NOT what he believes...

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:At this moment, I just want to understand you and why you posted this, I'm still confused about that. :confused: :heart:

On top of what Kaiowas said I feel that exploring yourself and the world through fiction and creativity can shed new light on reality. It's an exercise in exploring his feelings and that of other's. Isn't that what S&P is about?

PS buddhist monks used to light themselves on fire as a form of protest during the vietnam war.

--------------------
Turn on your lovelight, let it shine on me

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: "the show must go on" [Re: lovelight]
    #3317090 - 11/03/04 10:49 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Absolutely lovelight,

Looks like I still don't understand what it is he is wiishing to explore and how, but I want to. Once I do, when he clarifies, then I can contribute to creative exploration.

Thats my favorite thing to do here. I even said it earlier to day in the Coffee with Luc post and last night in the spirit post.

Where is the mystery man. This post is about playing with him with "something".

Ahhhhhh so you see it as a manipulation too Hue, interesting. interesting about the Budhist monks also. Hmmmmmmm

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3317468 - 11/03/04 11:55 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

In case I was misread, I want to clarify that I called the charachter who torched himself in the story bonfire boy, not Kaio. I love kaio so much!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #3317937 - 11/04/04 01:35 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I think there have been a few politicians that have publically killed themselves here in the USA.... those who saw this happen in person I'm sure were changed forever

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD   Amazon The Doors

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology