Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
Live kratom source
    #3314428 - 11/03/04 11:33 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Been looking for a source for a plant all afternoon to no avail.

Iamshaman carries them but it's currently out of stock, as are all the other live plants i seen in their site.

Shaman Australis also sells live plants, but the page seems to be quite outdated (says 'Orders accepted now - plants shipped mid April 04. '). Besides, i'm in europe and don't know if the plant would get here alive.

So does anyone know of any vendor that carries live plants (or T.C. plantlets/cuttings/seeds) and ships to europe?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineErythroxylon
Stranger

Re: Live kratom source [Re: esin]
    #3318620 - 11/04/04 04:37 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I was looking for the same thing. So bump :smile:

OfflineGrendL
Stranger
Re: Live kratom source [Re: Erythroxylon]
    #3385607 - 11/19/04 05:32 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

First post, so hello to everyone;)

I also live in Europe(Belgium)and also am looking for live kratom plants.

I bought one on ebay 3 weeks ago(it was still possible); seller told me the plant was shipped(USPS, first class airmail) but a few days later mailed me to say that customs destroyed the plant because it didn't have the proper phyto certificate.
Seller told me he shipped a second plant but also never received it. He told me customs destroyed it again. He doesn't want to send a 3th plant and promised me to refund my money. I don't know why customs might have done this since it's not an illegal plant. Maybe the seller was just lazy?

Again searched the net and on an Australian discussion forum I saw a post of a guy that sells kratom plants. He cannot accept payments via paypal/creditcard so I mailed him the money. A few days later somebody told me that it's against customs law to send money by mail to Australia.(either dunno if this is true) Ofcourse I didn't take a 'normal' envelope to send the money but took those envelopes used to send cd's and sealed it with some ducttape. If there's one envelope that catches the eye(of our friends at custom), then I'm afraid it will be mine.
If all goes well, my letter will arrive in a few days. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I searched a bit longer than an afternoon;) and also found a German site that sells kratom(Mytragyna Speciosa) seeds(30 seeds for 5,50 euros):
http://www.samen-und-pflanzen.de/index.h....htm#anker_2556
They ship worldwide but site is in German language so it might be very diff. to find your way.
I ordered a package and 2 days later it arrived. Sh*t is I wasn't at home but my neigbour told me a van from a delivery company stopped at my place to deliver a package. They dropped a note to inform me that they will be back Monday.
Don't know if these seeds are real/if I can grow them. I've got 30 chances to find out;)

So: At this moment I still don't have any live kratom plants and I'm still hoping for the Australian plant to arrive(& survive) and curious about those seeds.

If I ever get the chance to grow kratom then I don't mind to ship it to other ppl in need. Don't need to make any money out of it.
If I ever get the chance to grow kratom then I will give a plant to my neighbour and my mother as a Xmas gift (for decoration).

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: Live kratom source [Re: GrendL]
    #3385749 - 11/19/04 06:01 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'd be very carefull about any alleged kratom seeds. They are only viable for a short while and there are many ripoffs. Good luck on your seeds. BTW, Grendl was a monster in an ancient tale, wasn't he? Killed by Beowolf or Gilgamesh

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlineethnobotany
Student

Loc: San Francisco
Re: Live kratom source [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3386101 - 11/19/04 07:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have kratom tree source, that has a agricultural license. pm sent

Edited by ethnobotany (11/19/04 07:41 PM)

OfflineGrendL
Stranger
Re: Live kratom source [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3388142 - 11/20/04 06:30 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Stonehenge: it was Beowulf.

About the seeds:
- being a lot of fake stuff on the market: On erowid there is a picture of kratom seeds; gonna use that as a reference to compare my seeds when they arrive.

- Are you sure they aren't viable for a long time? I've
read somewhere that they can be stored for several months and still have a chance of > 50% that they will sprout. (I am very new in these things so I'm sure of almost nothing and I guess I have to find out)
Keep you guys informed. Thx for the tips.

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

#3388223 - 11/20/04 07:27 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

GrendL, your plants didn't have the phytosanitary certificates, that's why they were destroyed. I think they call it 'CITES' here in the EU.

Welcome to the Shroomery and the Ethnogarden, BTW :laugh:

Thanks Ethnobotany :wink:

OfflineGrendL
Stranger
    #3399206 - 11/23/04 03:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

My package of 30 seeds arrived yesterday. I compared them with the picture of kratom seeds on erowid and they look exactly the same.(can post a pic of them if anyone is interested) Guess I can close the 'Are my seeds real'-issue;)
On to the next one; 'Germinate kratom seeds'. I haven't found any info how to germinate kratom seeds but I guess the most common method(s) can be used. Tips are always welcome.

Esin: Got my money refunded today from the US-seller($70). But I'm gonna concentrate my attention on the seeds for now. If only 1 starts growing then I'm started...

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

#3399987 - 11/23/04 06:50 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Cool!
Watch out for other mitragyna species, though. The 'mellow gold' stuff seeds are very similar to kratom seeds according to shaman-australis.

I'd get it ID'ed online and/or at the local university once they germinated.
Do you know if that german site owner speaks english, btw?
I'd like to have a word with him but although i had 3 years of german in school i never learned how to speak it properly :crazy:...

Let us know any news about the seeds though, i'm sure there might be more interested folks...

Ethnobotany PM'ed me a supplier but he doesn't acccept intl. order that are less than $100 in value. The agricultural certificates and shipping charges are about $50.
So, i'd have to spend at least $150 to get the species, which i can't really afford at the moment. Especially because i don't have any guarantee that the plants will arrive in perfect conditions, according to the vendor's disclaimer.

If all else fails, i'll give my responsible friends a nice big dose of kratom tea to turn them on :wink:
Hopefully they'll want a plant or 2 too and we can split the CITES/shipping charges making it more affordable.

There isn't a single european ethno vendor that carries the plants...At least that i know of. I reckon someone with TC experience in europe could earn good money and karma propagating the plant and supplying it here before it goes illegal. Una @ mushmush?

InvisibleShamansPalace
Tree Hugger

Loc: www.ShamansPalace.com
    #3402667 - 11/24/04 07:31 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yes they are very similar. A little while back i had someone sell me a few ounces of what was sworn to be true mitragyna speciosa seed. Im told its Parvifolia. WHich is suppose to be mellow gold. Am i correct. ? I havent even tried to germ them although i hear it is an active species too.

--------------------
Shaman's Palace
FREE Gift's with EVERY ORDER !!
QUICK shipping !10% Shroomery Member Discount!
www.ShamansPalace.com
Questions - Sales@Shamanspalace.com

Edited by ShamansPalace (11/24/04 07:34 AM)

Offlinewhitegreyhat
Huge

Loc: Northeast USA
Re: Live kratom source [Re: ShamansPalace]
    #3406150 - 11/24/04 09:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

the reason they destroyed the plant is because you need to have some sort of license to ship a live plant out of the united states, for whatever ecological reasons.

i am in the process of procuring a direct source in laos. not of live plants but perhaps seeds and leaves :smile: wish me luck

OfflineGrendL
Stranger
Re: Live kratom source [Re: whitegreyhat]
    #3406611 - 11/24/04 11:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Esin: I don't know if that site can handle English customers. I never contacted them.
I know basic German language and that was enough to place my order.
I also read that they sell kratom plants(for 25 euro) but they aren't in stock and you have to pre-order them (expected arrival May-05.)
As for the seeds: thanks for the tips everyone. if germination succeeds I shall try to get them identified by somebody (there will be enough volunteers;))

OfflineGrendL
Stranger
    #3406621 - 11/24/04 11:22 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

whitegreyhat: Yes, I hope you have any luck!;)

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #3411842 - 11/26/04 10:31 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If anyone is interested in ordering from that german site but needs help with the language, i can gladly help out.

OfflineGrendL
Stranger
Re: Live kratom source [Re: neuro]
    #3412072 - 11/26/04 11:50 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

This store is specialized in seeds & plants and they sell them mainly to grow plants used for decoration and not as psycho-active herbs.
I think they don't even know what else kratom can be used for.

If you scroll down in the link I provided a few posts ago, you can see that they both sell seeds of 'Melow gold'(Mitragyna parvifolia) and kratom (Mitragyna speciosa).
This gives me more confidence that the seeds are real. (can't image that a seed-shop should sell the same seeds for diff. product)

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

#3422268 - 11/29/04 06:22 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe it is the real thing. I think i'm gonna order a pack soon. Any sprouts yet, GrendL?

Thanks neuro, i'll ask if i need any help from you  :smile:

OfflineGrendL
Stranger
    #3422902 - 11/29/04 12:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

No, no sprouts yet but nothing to worry because this is only the 6th day after I started.
I cannot find any info on kratom seeds but I guess they will sprout between 14-20 days.
Keep ya informed.

OfflineFrappy
Strange

Loc: South Florida
    #3526668 - 12/21/04 04:39 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

GrendL said:
No, no sprouts yet but nothing to worry because this is only the 6th day after I started.
I cannot find any info on kratom seeds but I guess they will sprout between 14-20 days.
Keep ya informed.

Well, its been about a month. Any luck on those Kratom seeds?

OfflineAelph
Playing in thedirt again

Loc: Metro Hotlanta
Re: Live kratom source [Re: Frappy]
    #3528300 - 12/21/04 03:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Frappy said:
Quote:

GrendL said:
Keep ya informed.

Well, its been about a month. Any luck on those Kratom seeds?

This is one I'm interested in hearing. If they have viable seeds.... I'm gonna have to add some to my collection.

OfflineFrappy
Strange

Loc: South Florida
Re: Live kratom source [Re: Aelph]
    #3530356 - 12/22/04 02:10 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

GrendL has only 8 posts. I'm afraid he hasn't been back since posting about the seeds... and may not return. :cry:

OfflineGoaM
damaged
 User Gallery

Loc: khole
Re: Live kratom source [Re: Frappy]
    #3530703 - 12/22/04 06:45 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Green Stranger has Kratom plants: Mitragyna speciosa (Kratom Tree - Rifat Strain) $35.00 (one month wait). I seem to recall he's got a good reputation. I don't know if this will help the Euros though. But it's good for Americans. *this isn't a source I've personally used yet, but I've never heard complaints about him. He's also got several strains of S. divinorum, and live Heimia salicifolia plants for $5.

Peace

--------------------

OfflineGrendL
Stranger
Re: Live kratom source [Re: GoaM]
    #3531665 - 12/22/04 12:20 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Frappy: Nono, I'm back.... it's just that I was very busy. (read: I'm a lazy fuck;) )
[serious mode = on]

UPDATE:
About my seeds: Still nothing happened and I'm afraid nothing will happen. I'm gonna try for another 6-8 weeks and see how it turns out.

About the plant that I ordered about 6-7 weeks ago: My wife called me last Monday (20 DEC)on my work to tell me that somebody mailed me a plant. It seems to be the kratom cutting I ordered in Australia.(I'm quite sure it is)
So at this moment I'm more focused on this root cutting than on my seeds.

I don't know how to post pictures here but you can take a look at these links:
http://users.telenet.be/b008592/Pictures/Kratom/HPIM2035.JPG
http://users.telenet.be/b008592/Pictures/Kratom/HPIM2037.JPG

As you can see, this plant traveled in a dark container for 7 days and the leaves seem damaged.
I don't have any growing experience and especially not in growing kratom.
I googled on "kratom cuttings" and I have read that it needs lots of water, and no direct sunshine.
I placed it in a room where the temp is always between 19-21 degrees C and I also put a box filled with water on the radiator for the humidity.
I also have read not to give it any furtilizer the first 6-8 weeks.
If anybody can confirm this or give some tips, please do.

In the future, I shall post more updates. promise!

Edited by GrendL (12/22/04 01:03 PM)

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

#3531826 - 12/22/04 01:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

That looks like kratom alright.

The leaves are a bit damaged, but if the plant is well rooted you should have no problems in getting it established  :grin:.

Sorry to know about the seeds.

Tweaker X, that was the supplier i'm talking about that is expensive for intl. orders. He won't ship any plants right now b/c of the cold, but i'm thinking on saving some money and ordering one or two in the spring.

OfflineGrendL
Stranger
    #3531868 - 12/22/04 01:13 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Esin: Where in Europe do you live???
If my root cutting survives & turns into a real bush, then I'm gonna try to make some cuttings myself and don't care to send you some. (just charge you the shipping cost + 1 symbolic euro)

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

#3532183 - 12/22/04 02:43 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I live in portugal. Appears that plant is quite hard to propagate, so i wish you good luck.

If you manage to do it believe me i wouldn't mind giving ya lots of 'symbolic ?uros' for it :wink: Or trading for whatever you like in my collection.

OfflineGrendL
Stranger
    #3535473 - 12/23/04 11:10 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Esin: It's not my purpose to make any money out of it, so a symbolic euro is enough(but you can always show me what you have in your collection;) ).

Heavy off topic:
I have in my collection:
- selfmade growbox cubensis 'Palenque' (is doing good)
- selfmade growbox cubensis 'Golden teacher' (for some reason the shrooms won't grow bigger then 1-2 cm, dunno what can be wrong because it is on the same spot as the above mentioned growbox- they have there own spawnbag)
- a growbox Mexicana A I bought and doesn't produce sh*t.
- 160 gr. kratom powder commercial grade(but reducing fast)
- 160 gr. kratom resin (should be 6x extract but gives the same result as my powder --> same amount)
- 40 gr. Blue lotus (In my opinion the wine I mix it with is stronger)
- 10 yopo seeds, didn't try it yet.
- 1 gr Salvia 5x extract (too scared at the moment to try)
- Psilocybe Cyanescens spawnbag: planted in my garden...should see the result next year
- Psilocybe Azurescens spawnbag: idem

Back on topic:
If my plant survives and the info I found over the net and on this forum is correct, then my plant will be big enough in March-April 05 to cut some leaves and try to root them.
Then I also want to have it tested to make sure it's Mitragyna speciosa instead of Mitragyna faeces.

Btw : that German site also sells kratom root cuttings but you can only pre-order them because they only arrive in May-05(estimated) and they only cost you 24,90 euro's
Good to keep that in mind if my 'root cutting' fails.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
    #3535510 - 12/23/04 11:18 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

That kratom looks to be in decent shape. I would wait until it shows signs of growth before ferting. The leaves tend to curl upward when it's over ferted. They look a little curled up in the photo but that may have been due to the long shipment. Don't even bother taking cuttings until it's so big you want to top it. I got about a 3% strike rate on my cuttings so it's not easy. Some people have luck rooting them but most don't.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

#3536992 - 12/23/04 06:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Btw : that German site also sells kratom root cuttings but you can only pre-order them because they only arrive in May-05(estimated) and they only cost you 24,90 euro's
Good to keep that in mind if my 'root cutting' fails.

Oh, nice thanks for the tip. That would be a lot more convenient than green stranger, no import licenses or bureaucracy crap to pay.

I will try an talk to him, if i suspect the ID is legit i'll definitely pre-order one.

Nice collection you have there, btw. Ya need some mescaline there though :wink:

OfflineGrendL
Stranger
    #3539464 - 12/24/04 01:25 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

esin: I'm not sure they understand English (because the site is only German)but you can always give it a try. My knowledge of German language is very basic --> many words do sound/look the same as my mother language Dutch but I believe Neuro told a few posts ago that he could help you with translations.

Stonehenge: Thanks for the info. My plant today lost 1 leave but it was already cracked when it arrived, so that's normal. There is also another leave that was a little damaged, not sure if it's cracked.
For the rest nothing changed.
I also read somewhere that it's normal that your root cutting can fall back for about 2 weeks for one or more of the following reasons: the journey, different climate, different potting earth, different water and must get used to it.

I also replanted it in another flowerpot because I first planted it with its original potting ground and that gave me the change to look at the roots; about 4-5 cm (almost 2 inches) are rooted, so that looks great. Guess I have to be patient for a few more days and then see what happens.
Merry x-mas to all of you.

OfflineGrendL
Stranger
    #3541471 - 12/25/04 02:57 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Update: It seems that not only 2 leaves where cracked but this is how my plant looked this morning and I noticed that on the same place the stalk is also damaged.(it's on the place where you see one leave, the other fell off and is on the ground next to it)
http://users.telenet.be/b008592/Pictures/Kratom/HPIM2058.JPG

I hope this won't be fatal.
Should I:
- Leave it like it is?
- Cut it off just below the damaged part?

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
    #3541873 - 12/25/04 10:07 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I would not cut that plant at all. It looks in rough shape and may not make it. You might prop up the bent stem and hold it in place with tape or something and it may be alright.

--------------------

InvisibleDety
Old No.7
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Live kratom source [Re: ShamansPalace]
    #3547083 - 12/27/04 05:59 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Found a website that sells Live kratom :

Kratom
(Mitragyna speciosa, Rifat clone)

Rooted cutting
10 - 15cm $40
includes expresspost

Link

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Re: Live kratom source [Re: Dety]
    #3548204 - 12/27/04 01:21 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I can't find mitragyna speciosa anywhere on his site. Perhaps he removed it as kratom is illegal in australia effective from 01-01-2005.

Thx for the help anyway.

OfflineAmoeba
Mr.

Loc: Europe
    #3692361 - 01/28/05 04:53 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hi I live in Europe,

I some way along the path now of organising a shipment of Kratom over here, with the required documentation etc. all above board.

I will let you know how it goes, if you are interested.

http://www.entheology.net/

--------------------
Www.Entheology.Net

Edited by Amoeba (01/29/05 04:09 AM)

Offlinebluelou
NUTCASEdrugbucket!
Male User Gallery

Loc: $hroom Central
Re: Live kratom source [Re: Amoeba]
    #4321621 - 06/21/05 05:15 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

GREAT do it fast!!

--------------------
Have you tried my(black kow) pile style tek outdoors!!!!!!!!

OfflineBurblesV
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Live kratom source [Re: bluelou]
    #8216748 - 03/30/08 09:36 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

Hrm.. i'd be liking a Kratom plant, haha might someone help me obtain one?

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: Live kratom source [Re: Burbles]
    #8216880 - 03/30/08 09:56 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

eBay, eBay, eBay. PM me and I will give you my sources eBay sreen name. They are Rifats, very healthy, packed well, and potent. I have taken many clones from my plant and will probably be selling them on eBay soon. GL!

EG

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
Re: Live kratom source [Re: Burbles]
    #8217484 - 03/30/08 11:39 PM (16 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Burbles said:
Hrm.. i'd be liking a Kratom plant, haha might someone help me obtain one?

dude, its really bad forum etiquette to bring back threads any older than a month or two, especially for such a stupid question...

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Offlineroyer
±±±±±±±±±±

Loc: anywhere but here
    #8218278 - 03/31/08 05:15 AM (16 years, 20 hours ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
no sources

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf