Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBrady
randomizer
Loc: on a damn island , FL
humidifyer type?
    #3312504 - 11/03/04 12:56 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

can someone identify the type of humidifyer this is on the white rabbit kit?
http://www.mushbox.com/mushroom-kits.html

--------------------
I love to trade , trade with me!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: humidifyer type? [Re: Brady]
    #3312688 - 11/03/04 01:59 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Can't tell. Perilite for one. Sounds like a air pump (fish tank style, PMP). No pictures of stuff or details of what comes with it really.

Look around for the PMP and cool mist humidifiers for your friend. These are the way to go for automated humid air exchange.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #3312760 - 11/03/04 02:43 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Thats a huge rip off man. You can make one of those for about 50 dollars. Maybe a little more than that depending on what you want to do. Like Scat said look into the Poor Mans Pod and you will be able to produce something similar and will work as well if not better than that 200 dollar plastic tub.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: humidifyer type? [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3312839 - 11/03/04 03:32 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Thats what hes trying to do..his friend wants to buy the kit and hes trying to replicate it for him for cheaper because he knows thats what should be done..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: humidifyer type? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3312870 - 11/03/04 03:57 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Lol, i got ya. I didn't realize that. Just do the PMP. Go to wal-mart, i hate the store, but it was the only place i could find a dual air pump at least in my town, they also have the air stones and extra tubing if needed.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineBrady
randomizer
Re: humidifyer type? [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3313251 - 11/03/04 08:10 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

can any one tell me what pmp stands for... When I froogle.com for it i get nothing.

--------------------

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
    #3313341 - 11/03/04 08:34 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

poor mans pod. also i dont feel its needed to knock mushbox and there prices, yes they may be higher than it cost to make it yourself, but thats why its higher becuase you dont have to make it. its called a mark up for labor. i mean if they didnt do this they wouldnt make money. and im pretty sure thats why there in the buisness is to make money so just dont knock em, i mean if you choose to make your own thats fine but some out there feel its the safer route to have someone who knows exactly what there doing make it for them and it also saves the person some time. so in all i think its a good deal if you have the money but not the time or the know how or maybe you just dont trust your self.

OfflineBrady
randomizer
Re: humidifyer type? [Re: KyKid]
    #3313357 - 11/03/04 08:39 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ok so no one seems to be able to tell me the name of the humidifyer unit in the pic......

--------------------

Offlineintrigue
MMMM hard trance
 User Gallery
    #3313369 - 11/03/04 08:41 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

its called a Humidifier & Air Exchanger (Tropic Air) i have used it in the past and it does work just not on a very big scale. you can find one at any petco but not petsmarts.

Edited by intrigue (11/03/04 09:02 AM)

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: humidifyer type? [Re: intrigue]
    #3313471 - 11/03/04 09:00 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

use the Poorman's Pod and fuck that overpriced kit right in the ass.
i have no idea what humidifier is used and you should not care!
:tongue2:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
Re: humidifyer type? [Re: george castanza]
    #3313676 - 11/03/04 09:36 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

aight guys, i have come to realize that mushbox is not a shroomery sponsor and so there for have at em. i just felt like the attack on there prices was a bit un needed but i guess if you look at the supplies and cost it takes to make one and the cost they are charging it is a bit over priced but still thats the name of the game, making money, but i do support the opinion of making one yourself. and it is the tropic air its simply a bubble wand on a mist chamber that has a airstone in it which forces the splash from the bubbles back into aquarium tubing and into the bubble wand inside the fruiting chamber and its all powered by a air pump they cost about 12 dollars at the pet shop with out the air pump. they work great in aqarium fruiting chamber and in small rubbermaid ones also.

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: humidifyer type? [Re: KyKid]
    #3313709 - 11/03/04 09:39 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

On this board growing shrooms is "the name of the game" we're just trying to save you a dollar.
:peace:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract