Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Why is Iraq THE world focus when far worse atrocities are being commited right now?
    #3312642 - 11/03/04 01:39 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I need to start by saying that im not supporting the war, im actually against it.

My real question is, why is the world so obsessed with Iraq and trying to control America's response to attacks when other "governments" are being allowed to virtually commit genocide within thier own borders?

Im not talking about just lining people up and shooting them. Im talking about systematic torture and rape of children and woman..unspeakable horrors of 10 year old girls being forced to watch as thier parents get body parts slowley cut off until they die and then kept as rape slaves until they are no longer wanted. Literally millions of people being exterminated.

Where is the outrage? Where is the almighty and just UN? Where are these countries that claim to be undermining america simply due to the Bush administration? Why do they not direct the same policies and opposition to these oppressive and brutal governments?

My point is that I have a hard time believing that all of this anti-americanism is the direct result of current events. I would actually be more satisfied with the argument that america should give the world money or power or whatever the real issue is as opposed to using current events as a scapgoat which is what i really see going on. Like i said, i think the iraq war was a mistake but i think anti-american sentiment is disproportionate and in some cases derogatory to the real effect of war.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Why is Iraq THE world focus when far worse atrocities are being commited right now? [Re: Catalysis]
    #3312649 - 11/03/04 01:42 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

America is hated because we are powerful. Even if we didn't
interfere with stuff, we would still be envied and hated. The weak
always hate the strong.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Why is Iraq THE world focus when far worse atrocities are being commited right now? [Re: Catalysis]
    #3312654 - 11/03/04 01:44 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

America is big news. Violence gets ignored if it doesn't have anything to do with us. Case example: brutal violence in Borneo and Indonesia (people decapitating each other with machetes), not to mention Sudan. And as I'm sure you know nobody gave a damn about Iraqis until the US decided to attack. It just shows that not only are we narcissistic, but the rest of the world is overly obsessed with us as well.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #3312675 - 11/03/04 01:52 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'd like to see the U.S. try to liberate China and North Korea.

--------------------

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: Why is Iraq THE world focus when far worse atrocities are being commited right now? [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3312682 - 11/03/04 01:57 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zahudulallah said:
I'd like to see the U.S. try to liberate China and North Korea.

What does that even mean?

Im more specifically referring to northern african regions that are actively participating in systematic killing.

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

#3312694 - 11/03/04 02:02 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Since the U.S. is in the business of 'liberating' countries, it's only fair that they liberate all oppressive regimes.

--------------------

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: Why is Iraq THE world focus when far worse atrocities are being commited right now? [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3312701 - 11/03/04 02:05 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Americas business is business. Liberating countries is but a side venture for us.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Re: Why is Iraq THE world focus when far worse atrocities are being commited right now? [Re: daimyo]
    #3312709 - 11/03/04 02:08 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Ah yes - liberate the country that rakes in the most. Nice business venture.

--------------------

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#3312717 - 11/03/04 02:11 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Well you might be in the wrong thread because my question was more along the lines of.. why are the most outspoken countries aginst the US and yet they are silent concerning other wars and genocide that is claiming far more lives than iraq? Im also making the stipulation that this doesnt justify iraq, rather it questions the motives of some countries that could have helped in the pre-war diplomacy but chose not to...the recent revelations in the oil for food scandal make this all the more intriguing.

OfflineMrBump
Third prize is you're fired
 User Gallery

Loc: Denver, Colorado
Re: Why is Iraq THE world focus when far worse atrocities are being commited right now? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3313158 - 11/03/04 07:33 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
America is big news. Violence gets ignored if it doesn't have anything to do with us. Case example: brutal violence in Borneo and Indonesia (people decapitating each other with machetes), not to mention Sudan. And as I'm sure you know nobody gave a damn about Iraqis until the US decided to attack. It just shows that not only are we narcissistic, but the rest of the world is overly obsessed with us as well.

america is like Paris Hilton,
the world (publicly) talks about how much of an untalented ugly whore she is...
and then secretly jerks off to her spread in Maxim Magazine.

--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #3313178 - 11/03/04 07:41 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zahudulallah said:
Since the U.S. is in the business of 'liberating' countries, it's only fair that they liberate all oppressive regimes.

And you have the audacity to call other people simpletons?

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: Why is Iraq THE world focus when far worse atrocities are being commited right now? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #3313211 - 11/03/04 07:54 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
America is hated because we are powerful. Even if we didn't
interfere with stuff, we would still be envied and hated. The weak
always hate the strong.

No "hated" because of not using that "power" correct! Like someone says so many regimes who torture their people, african but also Korea. Liberty in China hardly? The interfering is very not consequent.

Good leaders are not hated, bad leaders are, the arrogance of the power is hated.

No man who drops bombs on the world will ever be widely loved. Nad then stating that he does that in the name of God.. How low can you go.

Difference between certain US presidents and Osama is not that big!
Extremists all the way!

MF

--------------------

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: Why is Iraq THE world focus when far worse atrocities are being commited right now? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3313220 - 11/03/04 07:55 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:

True the selective interference sucks.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #3313287 - 11/03/04 08:17 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

One oppressive regime at a time plz.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom