Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

a dream I had
    #3313113 - 11/03/04 09:14 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Last year I had a dream, I havent really talked to anyone about this dream except my girlfriend. I remember the dream very well, I woke up and was thinking alot about what I have dreamed.

I was standing on a road in the middle of nowhere, just a road and fields with grass. Other than the road and the grassfields there was nothing. You could see no end to the road in both direction where i was standing. Then a car camed, a reconized the car, it belonged to a friend of mine. I remember trying to stop him in the dream, when the car was close there was no driver in the car, the car was empty. the car didnt stop and i woke up right after feeling strange.

So I woke up that morning and a hour later i got a phone from a friend. The owner of the car I have dreamed about was killed the same night.

I think alot about this dream. I realize there is probably alot more on this earth I dont know about.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: a dream I had [Re: Erythroxylon]
    #3313823 - 11/03/04 11:52 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Wow! That gave me chills! I love those stories. (Not that your friend died) but how you were let in on his passing in dream time before knowing in waking time.

Cars to me are symbolic of our bodies, "the human vehicles our souls get into and drive around to take us places in this world". Having your friends car (body) in your dream with no driver (soul departed from it) sort of supports my use and understanding of the car symbol.

Not sure what the endless road field represents but it sounded peaceful and to me symbolised endless freedom to travel on.

I had a wierd dream along these lines years back. I dreamnt I was at a family gathering. My aunt, who was sick with cancer at the time in waking life, went into the house in the dream and I followed her.

There was a huge fireplace in a room that she walked through into another room behind it. I followed her through that, just watching her and she carried on as if she didn't know I was there.

This room behind the fire place was like a meditation room, dark with lit candles.

There was this little seat squared at the top and from the corners curved down into a point. The seat cushion was a rich dark blue velvet and the casing it was set in was turquiose and encrusted with gems and gold trimmed. It looked like Mid Eastern Indian Art and was exquisite beyond words.

She sat in it yogi style and started to rock making the shape of a figure 8. She moved faster and faster until the pointed bottom had the seat up off a tilt and balanced. She started oscilating so fast she went into a blur. End of dream

The next day, my mom called and said that my aunt had taken a radical turn for the worse that night I had the dream and soon after she passed on.

The dream to me was symbolic of spiritual preparations she was making (walking through the fire for purifcation of the flesh and then revving herself back up to light speed for departure) and she looked like a pro doing it LOL.

It gave me a lot of peace knowing she was more then okay!

Thanks for sharing your dream Ery! No doubt, there is much we don't know about, but clues are left everywhere.

Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (11/03/04 02:30 PM)

irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: a dream I had [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3314731 - 11/03/04 02:25 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

better than a television
more satisfying than a phone call
as dependable as,
well when it happens it is quite nice altogether.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology