Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemethikist
Mushroom Pirate.

Loc: PNW
War on Terrorism?
    #3312774 - 11/03/04 02:56 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Most of you, even the smarter sounding ones keep speaking of the war on terrorism without even a hint of reflection about the essential core meaning behind that butchery of a paradox. A war on terrorism. Just say it, it's so stupid I can't not laugh after saying it out loud.. seriously. Saying lets fight a war on Terrorism is like saying lets fight a war on some arbitrary subjective concept. Terrorism, defined by US military handbooks is the calculated use of force or coercive measures to attain said goals. In applying unversality to that statement, it's blindingly logical that the US is in fact committing terrorism and has been for decades all over the world. To say you are going to wage a war against terrorism, you are in effect saying you are going to fight a physical war against a concept that describes physical or coercive measures.. it's a paradox, it's a contradiction.. it makes no fucking sense at all, and to top it off, by even commenting on disliking terrorism let alone proclaiming that you are going to wage a war on it, you are being savagely hypocritical. Are you people that fucking dumb? To say that you can wage a physical war on a concept.. it's just down right ridiculous. I'm actually stunned by how easily all the rednecks spit this one out without even a faint, slight, glint of a thought through their ignorant, slack-jawed, obtuse skulls.

Think for yourself and question authority.

I can't believe Bush won. Not that Kerry would have made much of a difference, but there are marginal differences in policy which can amount to big outcomes in reality. Not to mention Bush is hard at work destroying all the years of popular struggle that true, honest, hard working democratic people have fought and lost blood for over the past 100 years. I mean.. even for people concerned for only their own interests in mind; the vast majority should have voted for Kerry, since he was a little more lenient to the low/middle class than Bush was. So in the case that people were still only looking out for numero uno, they still made the wrong choice.. it's like a retard nation. I can't believe how apathetic and irrational a large chunk of the population is. Whom of which operate with logic that only self destructive lunatics would dare.

--------------------
Oh cmon, I'm a fun guy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
Re: War on Terrorism? [Re: methikist]
    #3312781 - 11/03/04 03:00 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

methikist said: Just say it, it's so stupid I can't not laugh after saying it out loud.. seriously.

I think the fact that you used a double negative in a paragraph that breaks down the english language into such a literal context completely kills the rest of the post.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Re: War on Terrorism? [Re: methikist]
    #3312785 - 11/03/04 03:02 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

On a subconscious level it's a war on Muslims.

--------------------

Offlinepsyched
Stranger
Re: War on Terrorism? [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3312796 - 11/03/04 03:07 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Or a war on "people who won't sell us their oil at a discount price"?

--------------------
excuse me

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Re: War on Terrorism? [Re: psyched]
    #3312799 - 11/03/04 03:09 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

That's the conscious war.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order