Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
My Halloween 'Book of Shadows'
    #3301325 - 10/31/04 02:52 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

On Halloween 1989 I started another dream journal as I was still undergoing Jungian Analysis. At 10:00 PM Halloween 1989, while listening to Pink Floyd's 'UmmaGumma,' I illustrated my first page with colored fine point markers: a small Jack-O-Lantern with the words "All Souls" surrounding it and lines of energy emanating, a black-handled dagger [Athame], a green and brown pentacle [my astral colors according to Wiccan Ray Buckland], a silver goblet, a wand of cut wood and a sprig of green holly with red berries.

I wrote a brief history of my Halloween experiences: "Since I was a small child, this holiday has been a celebration of the psyche (as different from the spirit). From Mighty Mouse at age 4 or 5 to Magic of the Black variety at age 19 to this entry at age 36. What a long strange trip its been." Of course, this leaves out the years of adolescent mischief and egg-throwing, but it is interesting to step back and view early childhood fantasy, its evolution into early adolescent hellion, to late adolescent magical thinking, and this developing into a higher level apprehension of synchronistic events along with the mystical traditions (that Jung collated from the East) into adult spirituality.

Every Halloween since 1989 I have taken the time to draw some kind of pumpkin or Jack-O-Lantern on one of the pages of this journal. For example, a year before my divorce, there was a small weeping pumpkin with a grey aura aura around it. Immediately after my marriage ended on October 7, 1992, I drew a pumpkin that looked like Edvard Munch's painting 'The Scream.' Years later when life got great, I drew a large radiant glowing smiling Jack-O-Lantern with 'shrooms popping out the top. You get the picture. It was a Wiccan friend of mine who referred to it as my Book of Shadows, and indeed, that is what it became. After I left analysis in 1991, the journal became more of a record of sychronicities, parapychological moments, experiments in altered consciousness and the occasional 'Big Dream' as some Native Americans call them.

I realized along the way of this journal that Entheogens had become much more my path than dream work. In parallel, if the ancient school of Plato was a predecessor of the Jungian school, then the Eleusinian Mystery school was the predecessor of today's Entheogenic Enthusiasts. But the question of the day still remains: What shall I draw this evening???

HAPPY HALLOWEEN !!!

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: My Halloween 'Book of Shadows' [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3301399 - 10/31/04 03:11 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

draw 'nothing' :wink:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #3301768 - 10/31/04 05:17 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Draw Tao.

Draw Being.

Draw God.

:smile:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #3301845 - 10/31/04 05:34 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
[my astral colors according to Wiccan Ray Buckland]

I thought that Ray Buckland was a Roma Gypsy. I have a book of Gypsy lore and spells and other fun stuff and I could have sworn that the auther was Ray Buckland... I'd dig it up, but it's packed away in a box in a box in a box.

I really like your Halloween book. What a great idea! Is it all just pumpkins and doodles, or are there thoughts and other things in there as well?

Anyway, Happy Halloween!

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: My Halloween 'Book of Shadows' [Re: CherryBom]
    #3311164 - 11/02/04 07:26 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks CherryBomb. Buckland comes from the Gardnerian school I believe, and the info is in his book 'Practical Candleburning.'

The journal has some cut-outs from various sources (like a TGIF restaurants place mat that illustrates 'shrooms and says "Make Room for 'Shrooms"), some photos, newspaper clippings, and drawings, some of which I tried to upload and post her, but I always get the message that it has to be 200 MB or less. There is a red-robed magus in a fairy circle surrounded by red votives, conducting ceremonial magick, a couple of fanciful self-portraits (like me sitting on a giant 'shroom with a kaleidoscopic mandala behind me), some highly symbolic drawings - alchemical, religious, etc., and the other datum I described (as well as growing experiments). Jung had his 'Red Book,' I have my 'Brown Book.' Thanks for asking. BTW, I began this year's 'pumpkin picture' after work today outside, with the setting sun to my back.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3311225 - 11/02/04 07:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

honestly man, your a serious role model of mine markos. To be as true to yourself, as wise, as authentic, as real as you at your age would be a great achievement.

question: is it easier or harder at your age to secure ethneogens then when you were young?

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: My Halloween 'Book of Shadows' [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3311400 - 11/02/04 08:31 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

*Ahem* Thanks for the kind words, but...are you a narc? [Only kidding]. Well, in 'Fisk vs. the State of Florida' it was determined that mushroom possession by way of picking is NOT a felony because the 'average' individual may not have the knowledge to discern a mushroom that contains a controlled substance.

In the early 70's, when I was in college, LSD was plentiful. One could trade types, sell back bunches that one didn't like, find Berkeley acid, Windowpane in clear, green, red; barrel acid (big green Christmas Trees or Orange Sunshine mixed with Methedrine). I grew up within visual range of Sandoz Pharmaceuticals in E. Hanover, NJ and made deliveries there. I was given Sandoz psilocybin several times by friends (never the acid that Leary, the Beatles, the Stones and others got). I guess it was easier because it was plentiful and I was a young'un in college, going to Grateful Dead shows, Starship shows, New Rider shows (when the Dead would show up) and kids were so high that they'd stop selling acid out of Tic-Tac boxes and give it away.

I cannot boast of Wisdom, but I do endeavor to be genuine as you say. After many years (22) I grew my hair long again (genetics+casein-egg protein+many vitamins, minerals and antioxidents), wear nothing but jeans (even at both parents' funerals), still believe in occasional Entheogenic Excursions, but focus on the goal of Illumination, of Union with GOD, because all of these bands have passed away in time, the hashish disappeared with the acid, my friends got married with children, became establishment, boring, unconscious, unhappy and they too vanished from my life. I'm now 50 something, look 30 something, think 20 something and aside from the Blessing who is my Lady, I am out of synch with everyone in every decade, except for the little ones who are not yet a decade old and who seem to recognize me as one of them! I'm a grown up who will marvel with a child at a battery powered T-Rex who growls in the primeval forest of a suburban front yard. Is this an achievement, or the lack of those 'achievements' which forever block adults from 'becoming as a little child?'

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies