Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
getting splashed by a car 'woke me up'
    #3310760 - 11/02/04 05:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

This morning I was walking down the street to university, it was raining and I was still half asleep and feeling groggy. I thought to myself "man, I wish I was in a better mood." and at that exact instant a car sped past me and soaked me by a puddle of water beside the side walk. I immediately exclaimed, 'well that's just fucking great!" and turned around and saw some dude walking behind me laugh. It then dawned upon me that I wasn't really feeling angry at all, I just had an automatic angry reaction probably many people would of had, whether the person driving the car did it on purpose or not was besides the point. The wierd thing was that it felt like the busy universe had for a second focused it's attention on me and said "hey, this guy is forgetting what it's all about" I felt joyful and full of energy at the thought that 'life' itself had given me the wake up call I needed this morning. It's kinda hard to explain what I felt, and still feel after that incident. It's as if I had reconnected a link with myself to 'life' that I always knew was there, but had lazily ignored . I think life gives you certain 'cues' and it's upto us to take them, and maybe what you wish for you will get but in an unexpected way. I could see how this could just be called a coincidence, but it didn't feel like it at all, instead of getting angry for getting soaked before class I realized that maybe I'm not so insignificant in this universe after all. Life is all about YOU, every single one of us has a special connection to it if we choose to make it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: getting splashed by a car 'woke me up' [Re: chodamunky]
    #3310772 - 11/02/04 05:56 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

An omen...

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: getting splashed by a car 'woke me up' [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3310810 - 11/02/04 06:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

awesome im pretty sure ive had the exact same experience. usually when i just miss a bus same thing happens its like 'what the fuck does it matter? ' and then i look around like wow what an awesome world

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: getting splashed by a car 'woke me up' [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3313467 - 11/03/04 09:00 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yeah i've had this kind of thing my self...

you can find affermation around you anytime and it IS up to you to decided what it is... doesn't have to be something big!
you could have gotten the same result with a leaf blowing by you or a bird or WHATEVER! you make up your own meaning so learn to make use of it!

realize that everything you consider as your self is just what YOU think of as your self... if you realize you're in a shitty mood for NO reason then what's the point of being in a shitty mood? perk up and notice the GOOD things around you, why not?

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

OfflineSource
Remainder of anUnbalancedEquation
Male

Loc: Outer Darkness
Re: getting splashed by a car 'woke me up' [Re: chodamunky]
    #3314697 - 11/03/04 12:20 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

That reminds me of a Zen story. In those old stories people are always waking up from seemingly trivial happenings.

--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

Jump to top Pages: 1