Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetripinco
enthusiast
Loc: Colorado
Re: Starting A Country [Re: FarmerSmurf]
    #327293 - 05/27/01 06:22 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

I'm checking with companies who sell these islands and they can seriously hook it up. Right now we totally need SERIOUS PEOPLE to invest and come live on the island. We'll need $20 million to get building materials, animals, boats, the island, and all the other shit we'll need.... I think ONE MAJOR ATTRACTION would be to get like some people to stdy AIDS and shit and get money by making a hospital for aids patients and people with glaucoma and shit who want to use weed medically... we can grow opium and shit too for pain... We won't need LICENCED Dr's but it'd be nice... but we can get like some smart people to study medicine and science and shit and have some chemists to make LSD and some farmers and shit to grow our weed and opium.... Maybe MURPLE will come and we can get him to like open a lab to do some studies on drugs and effects and how to make them better...

RESIST THE MAN! DON'T BE ENTICED BY HIS TEMPTATIONS AND LIES. THE ONLY ONE WHO IS TRUE IS GOD AND HIS MYSTICAL PLANTS

--------------------
RESIST THE MAN! DON'T BE ENTICED BY HIS TEMPTATIONS AND LIES. THE ONLY ONE WHO IS TRUE IS GOD AND HIS MYSTICAL PLANTS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Starting A Country [Re: tripinco]
    #327317 - 05/27/01 06:39 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

> We wouldn't agree to the UN so we wouldn't have to comply with international law.

Doesn't matter. If you're violating their charter of human rights on this planet they'll interfere.

OfflinePotSmokinHippie
Pothead

Loc: New york
    #327491 - 05/27/01 11:32 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

We should have like a CIA or something. Except this is the tripping CIA. They go to the white house or something and slip acid in the water right before a state of the union adress. Oh, wait a second, didn't the CIA kinda do something like that anyway in the 60s?
I think if we had the money this would work, but let's face it, there aren't very many tripping millionaires around. But damn, if tim leary were still alive, i'm sure he could round up enough people. Possibly you could start talking with hightimes and other websites and magazines to start fundraising. Maybe if you spread the word around it will reach enough people. Forgive my pessimism, but i doubt it. Though I deeply wish we could make a stonerdonia....

Man, if it weren't for that can we found, life around here would be really pathetic.

--------------------
"assumption is the mother of all fuckup" - me

OfflineThe_Gnome_King
journeyman
    #327630 - 05/28/01 03:36 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

One guy seriously did that down here - no shit. Some crazy billionare bought a large amount of land out in the desert and declared himself the king and made it his own country. Because no body recognized his 'currency' or his independance (even though it was all legal) the 'country' went bankrupt and got given back to the WA government. That's a true story.

InvisibleHydro
addict
Loc: In your closet..
    #328980 - 05/29/01 05:18 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Mmmmm, sounds like an idea I might just take up later down this road we call life! I'm planning on saving up a mill some time before my 40's kick in anyways. After I'm done doubling and trippling that, wich is rather simple to do, I might just go buy my own little place in the middle of nowere just for me, the woman, and the aminals. Oh yah, and the drugs of course! hehe. Though, by that time I will just be some old pot head that shrooms and eats cactuses once every few years or so.. Yah well :-P

Hydro has spoken!
Please! Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!

--------------------
Hydro has spoken!
Please! Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
    #328991 - 05/29/01 05:23 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

We would have to self-produce our own stuff. Anyone know how to grow any food?.. Do we need to build houses? Or maybe we could live in trees? hehe =) A stone castle of some sort would be nice. It would have to be a secret society so we wouldn't have to worry about invasion of government idiots.

We don't need money to start this! Just some seeds and some spores.. and some chicks. Oh our brains. What else would we really need?

Nature has no price.
-- "Eat what shall be eating." --

Edited by Droz on 05/29/01 07:28 PM.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflineFarmerSmurf
journeyman
Loc: US
Re: Starting A Country [Re: Droz]
    #330673 - 05/31/01 12:29 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I can grow some stuff....anyway it's not that hard....just need some dirt and some water and sun....and I agree on the money....it seems far fetched that we should need this much money to get started....why couldn't a group of us just moved to a small island/country where most of what we want to do is legal or at least tolerated and be self sufficient.?

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

#330710 - 05/31/01 01:21 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

It can be done. Farmersmurf there could also be areas where we don't even have to grow our own... there could be a plentiful amount of food already provided by nature itself. I plan to start traveling within the next year anyone want to join? =)

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflineFarmerSmurf
journeyman
Loc: US
    #330727 - 05/31/01 01:47 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I'm interested Droz...pm me

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #330749 - 05/31/01 02:15 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I was watching Ripleys Beleive it or not one fine night and I saw this guy that built his own island, yep built it.  He filled fishing nets with empty plastic bottles that he found lying around and a put aluminum and plywood over the nets.  He put sand, a hut, a bunch of fruit trees and a sistern on his little island.  He also had a duck and a monkey.  His island was only about 50sq feet.  Anyway......

If you get this island I can set you up a defense perimeter and what not, pretty simple really, and if you want to grow food, well then you got it!  All I need is a little hut to live in.  Oh yeah and a duck and a monkey!

4 out of 5 inmates agree.  The FSR is better than being raped by your overweight roomate!;)
Support the FSR.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

OfflineSolo
enthusiast
    #330803 - 05/31/01 03:30 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I've seen some small islands for sale around central america in the 5 million dollar range. Don't know about making it your own country though. Don't all islands already 'belong' to a country? Is it possible to get out of that so that you are a country unto yourself?

Offlinegazzifx
journeyman
Loc: Canada
    #331047 - 05/31/01 08:05 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Why buy a new country when you can move to Canada. Well move here if they de-crimnalize it and if they do Canada WILL be the country of weed, mush, beer ,and hockey

--------------------
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Fuck hugs, do drugs!

InvisibleZeus
addict

#331249 - 06/01/01 12:35 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

had this idea a while back and did some research fiji islands look nice n dont cost mutch ill try and find the post.

the post is in otd if u wanna read it

Edited by Zeus on 06/01/01 03:36 AM.

--------------------
" I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am. "

"Experience is the meaning to life" -me

Offlinetripinco
enthusiast
Loc: Colorado
Re: Starting A Country [Re: Zeus]
    #331710 - 06/01/01 03:02 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

What if we could get 5 mil and buy a castle... that'd be easier

--------------------

Offlineshroomies
    #331890 - 06/01/01 07:29 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

double post

Edited by shroomies on 06/01/01 09:30 PM.

--------------------
nothing I see can be taken from me

Offlineshroomies
    #331891 - 06/01/01 07:29 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Dude you and I must have the same brain or some shit, wait maybe its just the shroom "link", well anyway Ive been thinkin of the same thing all year! And we can find islands cheaper than that for sure. You ever check out the back of the magazing Rob Report? They got islands for sale for mad cheap. A few hundred thousand dollars. The only problem would be making it a country, im not sure how we would go about doing that. Getting an island is easy, creating our own country is the hard part. If we just got an island and declaired that it had no drug laws... well if it got big eventually whichever country it was part of would probably end up giving us shit. But for real if this goes down count me in! I dont have a job or any money now but im lookin for a place to live next year because my current living situation sucks. I may stay with some friends but if we can get this island thing goin im there! PM me if you like.

--------------------

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

#332394 - 06/02/01 01:39 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I'm claiming earth as my living domain.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflinePlowKing
enthusiast
Loc: 345Rotting Street, Hell
    #332486 - 06/02/01 03:41 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

We can start it in my living room.. hurry bring all your drugs and women

--------------------
Avid Acrid Jam Shred

InvisiblethePilgrim_0
Stranger
Loc: Spain
    #332515 - 06/02/01 04:16 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I know about a few comunities that are based on the rules they?ve being creating along their history. One of them, hidden in the mountains in Spain, totally blew my mind. It was built over a ruined town that was abandoned in the 11th century and occupied by a bunch of foreigners (from germany, poland, portugal, asia ... and spainish people too, of course), who just couldn?t handle the actual situation in modern society and decided *seriously* to try by themselves.
The case is it goes pretty well. They have their own education system (quite better than american one, in my opinion), they constructed all the chanells and wells for the water management, they built each their houses (from tipies to the greatest "mansions" you could imagine for the place), they set basic rules totally based on respect and cooperation -fuck the competitive based ideas!-, they grew their food and raised their animals, and focussed lot of efforts on the children education.
No kidding, it was like walking around the village of Asterix & Obelix (for those who know). I think there were about 80 adults and 150!!! children. By the way, most of this children could speak 2 if not three languages as a native; the mixture of cultures was quite obvious.
It is true that it wasn?t the perfect and utopic place we all have dreamt with. They too had problems and some confrontations, but most of them with the authorities who found out about the place later on. You know, the typical and sickening moralist crap like "your children live like dirty monkeys, and they walk around the place naked", or "you are not aducated" or "the government need those lands" or "have you bought the lands?" or "we want your trees!" or again "your kids gotto go to a proper school". Well...
Many of those people would go for three months or so to work to their countries and keep on living with the earned money for the rest of the year. There was also a band that played around Spain to earn more money for the comunity.
Money was indeed necessary as the comunity wasn?t absolutely selfsufficient and they had to buy some stuff, that was later sold in the "shop". Everynight they have great music and lots of fun, everyone, like a lot of party.
But they also work A LOT. And that?s totally necessary. Lazy guys are soon spit out from the place, they are not very welcomed.
About the drugs, yeah, many people there do drugs. Natural drugs, of course, and few of them drink alcohol. Most of them grow their own weed (you should see those crops :D!!!!!!!!!), as they grow almost everything; and they pick the shrooms from nature, lots of them too. By what I saw, they were a very healthy and tolerant comunity, where there were not needed any locks for any doors, where nobody tried to tell the others what to do, and where everybody could feel free in their house and family, as all rules where discussed by everybody and set for everybody.

Quite good! I have visited twice already, and i plan to do so every year.

I see many people here are a lot into drugs (which is great for me!). Still, I see many people here focuss to much or almost uniquely on that part of the idea. And honestly, by all the posts ?till the moment I seriously think it won?t ever work... :( Sorry, but it gives me the impression it would be to caothic.
It is a beautiful idea that could be so fruitful and positive, even a main antecedent for further ideas and changes on the planet. And the great thing is that it can be done, for sure it can! But as you said, serious people are needed and some goal and purposes must be set. Planification and a lot of good will to support the project and work for it is absoulutely necessary. A lot of research and a lot of education is indeed, esential.
I see it as that someone said in some post: A new beggining in a new world with all the ideas, knowledge and substantial pureness that were saved from the waters. Noe?s ark making landfall with a lot of faith on his intentions to do right the second time, not to waste another given chance. Why not??? I think most of us would surely avoid most of the mistakes that are being cometed on our times, as we try always to avoid mistakes from past.
I?d like to go for it. I?d like to build my own chance to succes in search of my ideal. Don?t you all, guys??? I think it would be the best favor we could do to our selves, our children and our world.
Let?s show them we are not just a bunch of lazy druggies who love complaining about society?s crap!

Sooo.... Count me in!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom