Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemochillum
Stranger
Blue-stained mycelium in the jar
    #3305467 - 11/01/04 03:26 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hi. Does anyone have any ideas on this? I've searched around in the FAQs and grow guides, but I can't find anything that speaks directly to blue stain appearing in the mycelium , while the jar is still colonizing. I've got one jar that is about 10-15% blue, and I'm wondering if I should be concerned. I turned it over a few days ago to help the bottom colonize. Could that have done it? Or could it be temperature? It's gotten a little warm in there once or twice (like around 85-88), but only briefly. Also, because of space constraints, the jars receive light during part of the day.

I don't know if any of this info is relevant to the stain, but if anybody has any experience with this, I'd like to hear about it. This jar is my strongest grower - i hope it's OK!

Thanks in advance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Blue-stained mycelium in the jar [Re: mochillum]
    #3307523 - 11/02/04 12:04 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Blue is normal.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Blue-stained mycelium in the jar [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3308004 - 11/02/04 05:10 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i would be concerned .... could be a contam....

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Offlinepizzle3k
Midwest Mushin!
Male

Re: Blue-stained mycelium in the jar [Re: george castanza]
    #3309573 - 11/02/04 02:26 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yea as soon as i seen blue i would isolate it from the other jars...but i have had PinkBuffalo blue on my jars on several occasions,once it was a very nasty contam,the other it wasnt and it ended up producing very well when spawned to straw

P3K

Offlinexistenz
Stranger

Re: Blue-stained mycelium in the jar [Re: pizzle3k]
    #3309970 - 11/02/04 03:26 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i didn't see bluing to that extent when i flipped my jars.  just a little bit here and there.  but the real question is, is the blue spreading?  flipping them might have pushed some contams from your verm layer up or something :shrug:.

Offlinemochillum
Stranger
Re: Blue-stained mycelium in the jar [Re: xistenz]
    #3316510 - 11/03/04 07:09 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hmmm...well, thanks for opining, peoples. I think I'm just going to have to wait and see. What I was afraid of was someone saying that my growing conditions were all wrong and i needed to change something right away. But I'm not hearing that; I'm getting 1 vote for it's OK and 3 for maybe contams. Now, I'm thinking that it's (hopefully) not contams, as it doesn't appear to be something growing on my culture, but rather, a "stain" that first appeared from within the mycelium, then came out to the surface. Anyway, I'm going to adopt a wait and see attitude, since there's not much else to do.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Blue-stained mycelium in the jar [Re: mochillum]
    #3316820 - 11/03/04 08:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Usually appearing on the surface of mycelium to begin with and not starting on uncolonized grain is a good sign. Not growing is another and if it is mold, it will grow very quickly. This just sounds like bruising to me..not bad.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds