Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Loc: Florida
"Peak" Experiences
    #3306679 - 11/01/04 08:33 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Oftentimes, sitting here in front of a keyboard, lost in my own thoughts, I forget my "peak" experiences. Experiences where your normal state of mind is set aside to simply live fully in the moment. In my own life, I have these experiences when I am engaged in a deep conversation with a close friend, walking through the woods, or tending to my plants/mushrooms. I also have had "peak" experiences while daydreaming, doing energy work, and meditating. Becoming so lost in the moment that I forget about my body, my world, and my life. It is in these experiences that I feel truly "connected" and wholly understand the mystery of life. Returning to reality, efforts to re-construct the insights gained results in concepts, constructs, and ideas, but the processing takes away from the essence of the original experience. I feel this way too when I try and relate a psychedelic journey to another person, even if they too have used the same substance. I would like to hear what anyone has to say regarding "peak"s that they have experienced in their lives, and how they incorporate them into "normal" life.

--------------------
"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: "Peak" Experiences [Re: dmtrypr]
    #3306727 - 11/01/04 08:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I have thought about this as well. I think that this process is a long term thing. The attitude it creates stays after the experience for a time. It is the utilization of this attitude that leads to integration.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: "Peak" Experiences [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3306863 - 11/01/04 09:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

you can hold on to a dream, but it eventually fades... so you just go to sleep and have a new dream, or even the same one :smile:

peak experiences are like this.

you have this feeling of enchantment... nothing is the matter, because nothing matters, you are just a being, because you are just being.  flowing, sharing magnifying senses...

i understand peak experience.

love.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: "Peak" Experiences [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3306902 - 11/01/04 09:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Integration is the key word here and it is a long term process. Keep at it, the goal is to integrate those peak energies into "normal" life. Incension, not ascension.

I love this topic, I wish I wasn't brain dead tired.

For now I can say, practice FROM MEMORY, working yourself up into peak states at will. When you can do this pretty easily, you will have opened a hardy channel, for being able to pull peak energy in when you are in "normal" mode and you can stay in "normal" mode and soon, what use to be normal for you will change. that will be the result of the integration work, which is a long term process.

Memory is everything here and can make long term shorter term.

This may sound dumb to some people, but it works. Intend to get high speed memory and larger memory capacity software installed.

Maybe you peaked on current intgration efficiency and are due for an upgrade which is why you are asking this question now.

I gotta get to bed!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3307921 - 11/02/04 03:46 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I seek these peak experiences.

What is better than truly existing with clarity of mind. Just being aware of every sense, aware of the very existance of life.

Its good to go walking in the woods and be in awe of the millions of life forms around you.

I think constant 'peaks' could be normal life if you made it so. It is when you go back to processing logical thought is 'normal life'.

The problem, every thought leads on to another. People find it hard to leave thought processing and return to just being.

The constant flow of logic, tends to eventually lead to a rapid expulsion of emotion and unnessacery (and in my case unwanted) stress! It can also lead to some very delusional conclusions.

I don't believe I have the full picture here, but my thoughts anyway.

Oh yeah, on a shroom trip I had. I was told in no uncertain terms by myself (with a psilocybin catalyst) that a major part of EGO is the quantifying mind.

I will try to explain but its hard to put into words.

The brain quickly learns from a young age to make associations, hot = burned = bad. So it learns negative and positive. The brain then learns that almost everything can be associated into one or the other. It can then catagorize everything it senses almost instantly into a like or dislike!

Some un-open minded people seem to never leave this mentallity. It gives people some really quite bizarre ideas. When you question anybody on black and white views they stumble and soon realises they are contradicting theirselves. They will usually then justify the contradiction which is to maintain the ego.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: "Peak" Experiences [Re: Ego Death]
    #3308357 - 11/02/04 08:58 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

peak experiences by my defintion are experiences that go beyond any other previous experiences in terms of emotional intensity, clarity of awareness, stimulation etc

mine have occured during lucid dreams, drug trips, once it was triggerd simply by a song, another time by the beauty of the scenery passing outside my car window

all of them elevated me to a state of bliss beyond any normal state

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleBuddahKillah
U WANTFITE!?!?!?!?!?!

Re: "Peak" Experiences [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3308500 - 11/02/04 09:37 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I often have these peak experiences when I'm thinking about something and trying to remember it. It's on the "tip of my tongue" you could say but, no matter how hard I sit there and think it will just not come out. So, I just give up and go about my day. Then when I'm doing something relaxing like taking a walk, a warm bath, about to go to sleep. It just pops up... almost intuitively. I see this as a split second of "enlightenment". It would be a good thing to integrate these small brief moments into normal everyday life.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: "Peak" Experiences [Re: BuddahKillah]
    #3308506 - 11/02/04 09:39 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

doing something other than thinking of what you want to remember, often make you think of what you wanted to remember.

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (11/02/04 09:39 AM)

InvisibleBuddahKillah
U WANTFITE!?!?!?!?!?!

Re: "Peak" Experiences [Re: Gomp]
    #3308611 - 11/02/04 10:17 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
doing something other than thinking of what you want to remember, often make you think of what you wanted to remember.

Yes, but when I do remember... I am not thinking at all.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

#3308633 - 11/02/04 10:22 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

hehe, you are remembering? :P
how is that different from thinking? (if it is)

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleBuddahKillah
U WANTFITE!?!?!?!?!?!

#3308653 - 11/02/04 10:29 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I may be "thinking" about the subject subconsciously ... who knows. The thing is, when I "remember" I am not consciously thinking of the subject. While I was thinking very intensely about the subject earlier, it finally comes to me after I have "given up". This is the point I am trying to make Gomp.

Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

#3308826 - 11/02/04 11:19 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

When I am "trying" to remember it oftentimes does not result in "rememberance". When I let go of the problem, I give it up to my higher self. The non-dual, impartial observer, who acts purposefully and always finds that which it is seeking. I personally feel as if my "peak" experiences (which do occur more and more frequently as I open myself up to the "life-stream") are moments of unity within my own self. At that moment, I am whole and am capable of anything and everything(not it the materialistic or physical sense, but mentally/spiritually). When I let go of trying to control or direct my mind/body/spirit, I find that I am naturally drawn to the solution of whatever problem I am faced with. It's not always the easiest path, however it is always the most rewarding in the end.

--------------------
"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

#3309259 - 11/02/04 01:08 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

but how can you remember and not be consciously thinking of the subject.
when you stop trying to think, you think instead of trying to think?
is the question i am making? :P
:confused: :thumbup: :heart:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (11/02/04 01:09 PM)

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #3309281 - 11/02/04 01:13 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i understand.

the reason you cannot remember is because you are in the act of "trying to remember" how can you remember if your trying to remember?

if you let it go to being in the present, remembrance occurs naturally. not out of trying. if you try you are not succeeding!

though thats a whole nother game

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Re: "Peak" Experiences [Re: Todcasil]
    #3310400 - 11/02/04 04:48 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Although we may not all experience this, I find answers come in the form of signs. When I have a question I leave it up to my spirit to find the solution. It may be something a friend says, a show on T.V., a daydream, etc. I believe that we, on a subtle, unseen level, are all connected to each and every other thing in existence.

--------------------

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity
    #3310454 - 11/02/04 04:59 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

It takes nothing for a peak experience

The things are only distractions from this :smile:

And of course, trying to remember one when not in the state of awareness is totally different from being in the state of awareness. It requires no thinking, no analyzing, just being :smile:

Here's a question - would you chose to enter a "peak experience" if you knew you would never leave the state? :smile:

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: "Peak" Experiences [Re: deff]
    #3310752 - 11/02/04 05:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I remember one
delicious
on a day after people here were talking about 3 second duration of a mind moment. (maybe the S&P thread was about avoiding some bad thought and I think Frog brought up the 3 second rule?)
I was on salvia,
first observing everything vibrating and overlapping, then noticing my resonant self lasting 3 seconds and fading over top of the previous selves and so on, when a kind of other dimensional radiance seemed to co-incide with some of me, and it moved away and returned everytime I noticed the 3 second passage. as if I had to see beyond the norm to glance at the shining presence.
and seeing beyond the norm was something that was easy at the time.
(and it is even now to a smaller extent)

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: "Peak" Experiences [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3310898 - 11/02/04 06:21 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"Integration is the key word here and it is a long term process. Keep at it, the goal is to integrate those peak energies into "normal" life. Incension, not ascension."

brilliant i missed that first time around. deserves consideration  :grin:

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order