Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePokerShrooms
not a stranger,just strangerthan most

2am, brain filter shut down, creativity begins
    #3307541 - 11/02/04 02:11 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

OKAY, so while lying on the floor with my ferrets, thoughts came to my head. 
1)spacial thinking: i got a pretty big tub in tub incubator that'll fit 4 dozen jars just along the bottom.  i figure i can stack them all on side, and free up a whole side.  SO what if took some small sterilite trays (is it just me or is sterilite the offical brand on here?) like the type that are shoebox size, and filled them halfway or so with sterilized substrate.  (hell birdseed,brf & water aren't expensive) then i just sprayed 2 or 3 spore syringes over and in it?  i mean damn, after it grows through, all i'd have to do is drop some 50/50 on top of it.
1a) i got friggin cabinets all over this house.  SO i will be creating some type of make-shift chamber out of them.  picture this: wrapping the entire back, sides, top, bottom, and back of cabinet doors with a thick plastic sheeting (the type used for suit bags) hanging a heat rock from the top, halfway down, and putting trays along the bottom.  i doubt the heat rock would mind the moisture considering reptile cages are usually pretty humid and that's what they're for anyway.  hell i can even use some of them as incubators for just jars even. 
2)the experimental "nomi's grass" well actually i'm not too sure of them, but i saw it on the experimental section.  (what the hell, i'm willing to use a couple syringe's for the sake of testing a new tek)
it sounds great, but i got no clue what the preferred casing would be. i'd assume 50/50, but i could really use some input to be on the safe side.  i don't wanna botch the experiment
3)as a variation of 1a, i've got some azurescens on the way, which i will be following "Eric's Guide..." my question here is, since they ARE an outdoor species also, think i could make a makeshift backyard for them somewhere IN the house? i'm serious, like a 2'x2' square area, with 6" dirt as the ground, and a halogen light ("the sun") above it?  anyone with some experience with azurescens here?? personal tips are appreciated :smile:
4)lastly this is irrelevant to the overall post, but has anyone seem the transportable grow-room you can buy from myco supply?? it says "And for those in need of security, they can easily be buried underground or placed indoors without attracting much attention."  how the hell do you have the equivalent of 18 wheeler delivered AND BURIED with NO ATTENTION?  definitely not knocking it, i'd love to be able to get one as much as anyone else, but just explain that 2 me. 
-back to track, my order's eta is wed/thurs. so i will keep everyone posted on the events which transpire, but please bear in mind, most of them will take some time to get started, but i most certainly will provide pictures and updates at least weekly starting (hopefully) by mid. november.  comments/suggestions/typed-smacks-upside-my-head/and all general ideas are appreciated, thanks and g'nite!

--------------------
never let life get you down. when the world starts screwing with you, get back at it by pooping in a bird nest.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: 2am, brain filter shut down, creativity begins [Re: PokerShrooms]
    #3307631 - 11/02/04 02:44 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

1. If you can maintain sterility with the pre-made sterilite casings, It should work. I somehow doubt you will be successful without contamination however...

1a. You can make a cabinet into a fruiting chamber. Hell, you could turn an entire room into a fruiter if you wanted... I have no experience with heat rocks, but many others use them for incubation...

2. I have no idea what that experiment is, but generally a 50/50 casing mix will work above any type of substrate for Ps. Cubensis...

3. Azures fruit in the fall. If you can reduce temperatures enough to trigger fruiting, then It could be possible. They do not grow on dirt however, they prefer wood based substrates. I somehow doubt you will have success here as well... These really are not for indoor growth...

4. No, I have not...

--------------------
To give is to live...

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 2am, brain filter shut down, creativity begins [Re: PokerShrooms]
    #3307652 - 11/02/04 02:55 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Wow what a long assed post :-P

1)spacial thinking: i got a pretty big tub in tub incubator that'll fit 4 dozen jars just along the bottom. i figure i can stack them all on side, and free up a whole side. SO what if took some small sterilite trays (is it just me or is sterilite the offical brand on here?) like the type that are shoebox size, and filled them halfway or so with sterilized substrate. (hell birdseed,brf & water aren't expensive) then i just sprayed 2 or 3 spore syringes over and in it? i mean damn, after it grows through, all i'd have to do is drop some 50/50 on top of it.

No idea what your saying here. I dont understand what the big incubator or 48 jars has to do with anything or stacking them on their side. Not to mention you couldn't find one that would fit the many quarts just on the bottom, just on its side. You can stack jars up like three layers though and fit more then enough jars in a jarge incubator. Then you go into another idea of using sterilite containers instead of jars. This can be done but you'll need to sterilize the entire container..you wont be able to do as much at a time..can't fit them things in the PC as much as quarts, or as many as the incubator. Makes it easier for you to case later though..it still all has to be kept sterile though!

1a) i got friggin cabinets all over this house. SO i will be creating some type of make-shift chamber out of them. picture this: wrapping the entire back, sides, top, bottom, and back of cabinet doors with a thick plastic sheeting (the type used for suit bags) hanging a heat rock from the top, halfway down, and putting trays along the bottom. i doubt the heat rock would mind the moisture considering reptile cages are usually pretty humid and that's what they're for anyway. hell i can even use some of them as incubators for just jars even.

You don't want to heat your fruiting chamber. Temp should be 73-77. If you were to heat it a heat rock would not allow you to control the heat and would be a pour source of heat. It also would be poor for an incubator for that reason. Plastic sheating covering plastic shelving can work. Just make sure you don't have metal or wood exposed to the high humidity..ONLY plastic or well coated (with paint) metal (like fridge shelves). The plastic sheeting can be bought at hardware stores.

2)the experimental "nomi's grass" well actually i'm not too sure of them, but i saw it on the experimental section. (what the hell, i'm willing to use a couple syringe's for the sake of testing a new tek)
it sounds great, but i got no clue what the preferred casing would be. i'd assume 50/50, but i could really use some input to be on the safe side. i don't wanna botch the experiment

Im unfamilier with what "nomi's grass" is. Casing is always whatever you prefer to use. 50/50+ is usually said to be best. I use 70/30 coir/verm for its ease.

3)as a variation of 1a, i've got some azurescens on the way, which i will be following "Eric's Guide..." my question here is, since they ARE an outdoor species also, think i could make a makeshift backyard for them somewhere IN the house? i'm serious, like a 2'x2' square area, with 6" dirt as the ground, and a halogen light ("the sun") above it? anyone with some experience with azurescens here?? personal tips are appreciated

It's difficult to create what they want..they like VERY cold temps, that halogen light wouldnt give them. You need to research them alot and you will have much difficulty growing them only knowing the basics..you should work with cubies first before delving into this and research it properly to try and do it right. Cultivation of this species indoors has only been done three times that I've heard about, I'm sure its happened a few more times but the point is its very rare, even with the most experienced of growers.

4)lastly this is irrelevant to the overall post, but has anyone seem the transportable grow-room you can buy from myco supply?? it says "And for those in need of security, they can easily be buried underground or placed indoors without attracting much attention." how the hell do you have the equivalent of 18 wheeler delivered AND BURIED with NO ATTENTION? definitely not knocking it, i'd love to be able to get one as much as anyone else, but just explain that 2 me.

Depends on your definition of not much attention..they didnt say anything about NO attention. It means your neighbors may see it but you can privatly rent a backhoe (for running power out to your shed, whatever) then that thing gets delivered. The only person other then you and your neighbors (some people dont have these pesky neighbor things..generally the people with the money for one of these) who will know about what you have done is the person who delivers it. You could bury it way out in the woods somewhere as well where no neighbors are around also eliminating that "attention". You don't need a construction crew to build you an underground chamber from scratch which is what would have to be done if this thing didn't exist. Its not for everybody..

-back to track, my order's eta is wed/thurs. so i will keep everyone posted on the events which transpire, but please bear in mind, most of them will take some time to get started, but i most certainly will provide pictures and updates at least weekly starting (hopefully) by mid. november. comments/suggestions/typed-smacks-upside-my-head/and all general ideas are appreciated, thanks and g'nite!

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation