Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
Mom still waiting for results.
    #3307234 - 11/01/04 10:38 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I've mentioned this before, regarding my mom and the polyps they found, but she still hasn't received her results.  She said she wouldn't get them until December.  I'm so afraid because cancer runs rampant in my family.  My last living grandparent has decided to take her life into her own hands and has refused further treatment for her lung, breast and colon cancer.  She had her colon removed and now has to carry around a bag that she must continue to empty.  They had her so doped up on Morphine that she didn't even know her own family.  She decided to let the cancer run it's course and spend her days with her loved ones instead of inside an impersonal hospital.

Now it's my moms turn. :crying: I can't even fathom losing my mom.. We just began talking again in 1998 after a long and horrible divorce with my father left them hating each other and me caught in the middle, living with my dad and him constantly brainwashing me about how horrible my mom was.  Anyway, we've just finally had the chance at the mother and daughter relationship we've never had, and I don't think I can handle parting with her now.

On a better note, a few of my mom's brothers and sisters had polyps too and they came back negative.. so there is still hope.  After my mom told me about them tho, a day or so later, out of the blue I received this image in my head where she was standing there and crying, and said "I don't want to die." I remember it so vividly that it still brings me to tears when I think of it.  I hope it's not a premonition of the future..

Anyway, my energy level is pretty much tapped out and I'm finding it hard to keep a positive outlook so I'm making this post in the hopes that some of you could send your positive energy to my mom.  She just turned 50 in August.. she's still so young.  I don't want to lose her.  I can't lose her right now.

I made a post similar to this before but because of some problems with the board, it mistakenly got deleted while the admins were trying to fix the problems.  I don't mean to repeat myself but I'm just feeling so dipleated of all energy.

Thanks guys.. I really do appreciate it. :heartpump:

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Mom still waiting for results. [Re: sykobish]
    #3307414 - 11/01/04 11:21 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Good vibes coming your way! I do know how you feel. I lost my mom to breast cancer which spead everywhere, including her brains and her bones. If they had detected it earlier, they might have saved her. I truly hope they caught it in time in your mom's case.

OfflineBiohazard81
Seeker ofReality
Re: Mom still waiting for results. [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3307914 - 11/02/04 03:41 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I really hope evrything goes well for you both. Its such a terrible disease and all too common.

Take it easy and try not to worry untill you know either way for sure.

My fingers and toes will be crossed for you guys :smile:

--------------------
It's not what, it's why.....

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Mom still waiting for results. [Re: Biohazard81]
    #3309749 - 11/02/04 02:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Take things easy, bud. Everything happens for a reason, and whatever happens things won't be as bad as they seem now.

My grandmother's had cancer so many times, and each time she got it she boot stomped it and got by. In fact, it's been a while since she's had it but she's in the hospital right now. If it's her time then I can see her leaving at peace.

Take care of both yourself and your mom. Situations like these are clearly not too favourable, but you will get by. Plus you've got the shroomery backing you. There's no reason to lose hope. You say you've made peace with your mom which is awesome, I know what it's like. Just take things one step at a time and try to be strong.

Good vibes coming both your ways. Take care, the both of you. :heart:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

Re: Mom still waiting for results. [Re: browndustin]
    #3311669 - 11/02/04 09:25 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks everyone. I greatly appreciate it.

It's hard to believe that she'll be alright because cancer goes thru my family like wildfire. I've lost every relative who has died, to cancer. I even had it myself but they caught at the beginning stages..

I hope they caught my moms in time.. I don't know.. I just can't have her die on me right now.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Global Living Space

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #3311701 - 11/02/04 09:32 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm feeling ya. My dad's side of the family has a history of heart disease and cancer. My granpa died of heart disease, grandma had breast cancer but she survived, and my dad had a heart attack a few years ago. God forbid he has another one. I'm basicly waiting for one or both of these to hit me in my 40's.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Edited by downforpot (11/02/04 09:33 PM)

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

Re: Mom still waiting for results. [Re: downforpot]
    #3317074 - 11/03/04 08:47 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

:frown: That's horrible.. 40 is so young still.. What I find to be rather comical is that the states don't have free healthcare.. so they are killing you by putting all these pollutants in the air and injecting livestock with antibodies in order to slaughter them and feed you, which in turn is forcing you to build up an immunity for certain things, thus killing you off.. Yet, they want you to pay for your health care.. hahaha Thank god I live in Canada.

So many people have cancer these days.. Makes you wonder what the hell is going on.. :frown:

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#3317176 - 11/03/04 09:05 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah but you pay higher taxes dont you. And the states just want you to work hard. Which isnt a bad thing to get health care and benefits. I just feel the only way to get any where is to work hard at it.

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

Re: Mom still waiting for results. [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3320236 - 11/04/04 02:27 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Of course, hard work does pay off. And yes, we probably do pay higher taxes but it works out for our benefit. Like, for people who have problems and have to spend time going to the hospital for treatment and what not, it comes in very handy. For those that are more perfect in health, indeed it doesn't equal out. But in regards to our atmophere and the toxins that we take into our body every day that is killing our immune system and building resistance to antibiotics, I think it's only fair that everyone should receive free health care.

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

#3359644 - 11/14/04 11:56 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I went out for dinner with my mom and her husband lastnight. The results still aren't in.. She said December they will be. I don't know why they are taking so long or if she just isn't telling me something.. She wasn't feeling too good when we were at the restaurant..

I really hope everything is alright..

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#3359858 - 11/14/04 12:32 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I dont have health care and I work realy hard. So I agree I wish I had free health care. Ur mom is in my prayers.

My mom goes in for surgery wensday. Some major stuf is goin on. Hope all is well with yours and mine.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3359952 - 11/14/04 12:52 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Just remember that even if it is cancer it is NOT a death sentence. Every year we get better at treating cancer and the survival rate goes up. If caught early the survival rate for most types of cancer is quite high.

Having said that I hope she doesn't have it and send my best wishes her way (and to sheik's Mom as well). :smile:

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

Re: Mom still waiting for results. [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3360437 - 11/14/04 03:09 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

And mine go out to yours too. I've had people die on me before and it was hard.. But when it's your parent.. It's just uncomprehensible. At least to me it is..

Thanks Jellric. I appreciate it. I won't find anything further about it till December sometime I guess. I don't know if it's at the early stages.. or if it's full blown. Polyps are usually found in the colon or the throat.. Colon and throat cancer are very deadly.. I hope they come back negative.

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

#3486674 - 12/12/04 02:51 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I just finished talking to my mom and she said the results came back negative.  Thank you very much to everyone who sent her some positive energy.  I appreciate it greatly. :thumbup: :heart:

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3486707 - 12/12/04 03:00 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yay :smile:

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

Re: Mom still waiting for results. [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3487107 - 12/12/04 04:52 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The USA has free health care.
http://www.thebeehive.org/health/getting_health_care/paying_for_care/medicaid.asp
A lot of people have health insurance, too. My company pays 100% of mine.
Also, if you are terminally ill, you can collect Social Security even if you aren't at retirement age.
There's also welfare and free food stamps. The garbage is collected by the state. Water and sewage is government controlled, so are the subways and public transportation. There's plenty of government aid and social programs in the USA. Just look it up instead of being lazy and bashing America because you think its the recent fashion.

Edited by Great_Satan (12/12/04 04:54 PM)

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

Re: Mom still waiting for results. [Re: Great_Satan]
    #3489504 - 12/13/04 02:42 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

?

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

Re: Mom still waiting for results. [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #3489513 - 12/13/04 02:48 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'm really relieved about this news. It's been something that's been weighing on my shoulders since she first told me at least a couple months ago.

This gave me the time to think about how short life is, and how shorter it can still be. Now, I'm taking every opportunity I can to see her. I wasn't going to spend Christmas with her this year cuz I was feeling lazy and not wanting to be around people.. but this whole situation has made me think hard about little things like that. You never know when something may happen and you won't be given the chance to see that person anymore or have them in your life.

I'm gonna be spending Christmas with her from the 24th to the 26th, and I'm going to enjoy the time we spend whenever I'm given the chance. I love my mom so much and I'm so very glad that she's still with me for the time being.

Don't take things for granted. I can't express how important it is. Enjoy what you have and never take it for granted. Those people in your life may not be there tomorrow, so enjoy it while you can. When I thought I was going to lose my mom, I was feeling so guilty and such resent for not spending more time with her. I won't make that mistake again.

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #3489515 - 12/13/04 02:49 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

bet thats a relief! its good to hear some good news for a change :grin:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

Re: Mom still waiting for results. [Re: wrestler_az]
    #3489517 - 12/13/04 02:51 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Oh it's a huge relief. I was really worried about her.

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order