Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefreedomseeker
Crazy old lady!

Loc: Washington State
Grass Dwelling somethings. Any ideas???
    #3306070 - 11/01/04 06:14 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I've seen quite a few of these around in the grass. Yellow more than orange...but a hint of orange.

The gills are blueish/greyish!

A closer...albeit blurrier picture of the gills.

The stems are yellower toward the base and around 7cm tall. I see them in groupings mostly.

Any ideas??????

Here's a group I found that was pretty much solid mushrooms in a plot that was 100 feet by 100 feet and recently bulldozed. (within the past few months) I doubt if they are anything but some sort of conocybe, but I thought I'd post the pics just for the fun of it.

There were a TON of them!

Closeup of the same!

Take your vitamins! I just got the flu two days ago and it SUCKS!

Peace~
Out~
L

--------------------
"You must be the change you want to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi

Edited by freedomseeker (11/01/04 08:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
Re: Grass Dwelling somethings. Any ideas??? [Re: freedomseeker]
    #3306314 - 11/01/04 07:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hi freedomseeker,
good photography there. Did your tripod ship yet??
Your first species shows some of the characteristics of the hypholoma genus. I cant commit to that as an ID though. Were they growing within range of tree roots? Not that sure on the second species.. there are many possibilities, doesnt look much like a coprinus. If it is one, the gills should become dark-inky goop-like with age or during a spore print usually.
Quote:

Take your vitamins! I just got the flu two days ago and it SUCKS!

Take care and get well soon.

ps: edited a few times to reword some stuff. i think im too tired to properly form sentences

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Edited by eris (11/01/04 07:38 PM)

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Grass Dwelling somethings. Any ideas??? [Re: freedomseeker]
    #3309238 - 11/02/04 01:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm with eris that the first ones look like Hypholomas. If so, they should have been growing from wood, possibly buried (dead tree roots?).

The second ones look, at first glance, like Coprinus. Psathyrella is also a possibility. Try getting a spore print. Coprinus have black spore prints and Psathyrellas have dark brown to purple brown ones.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
Re: Grass Dwelling somethings. Any ideas??? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #3309342 - 11/02/04 01:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I was thinking the same thing, the habitat doesnt seem right for them. I usually find hypholomas on wood or very close to trees (which can make it appear that they are growing from the ground).
And the gill/cap structure on that second species (the mature ones) make me think that its not a coprinus. Either way I have never found those over on the east coast so its a though to decide without picking some myself or taking prints.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags