Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
FAQ 30. What is the link between spirituality and tripping?
    #3016288 - 08/17/04 11:36 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsyllyMe
LOST.......
Loc: Center of the Known Unive...
Re: FAQ 13. What is the link between spirituality and tripping? [Re: Rose]
    #3016549 - 08/18/04 12:35 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i could dive deep into this right now........but i believe it to be a pathway to the "nothingness".......pure obejective quality.

peace

Offlinegbhtrfv
journeyman
    #3016952 - 08/18/04 02:59 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Psychedelics enable you to experience a state which sought after through meditation: ego-loss.

This allows you to lose your ego and view yourself in a totally objective way and analyze yourself, which can help you grow in your individuality and spirituality.

There are more aspects to tripping that can be connected to spirituality such as hallucinations, megalomania, and euhporia.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: FAQ 13. What is the link between spirituality and trippi [Re: gbhtrfv]
    #3081735 - 09/02/04 07:53 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Bump... this question could use a more detailed answer as well, although I like what gbh said.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisibleboeha
explorer

Re: FAQ 13. What is the link between spirituality and trippi [Re: Rose]
    #3082041 - 09/02/04 09:50 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I think it's one of those questions best answered if you simply do it yourself.

This is like saying "A trip feels like..." ; you can't really describe it, and even if you could, it wouldn't be a very accurate description.

Tripping (and other drugs for that matter) is all about the feelings you get; if you don't try it, you'll never fully understand.

Yeah, I know I didn't help; but I really think people shouldn't try and put everything into language...
If anything, it helps preserving that "mystic" feeling when you trip. :smile:

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: FAQ 13. What is the link between spirituality and trippi [Re: boeha]
    #3082255 - 09/02/04 10:46 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Actually, you are quite right... it is near impossible to put into language... but that is what the tripper's faq is about. Explaining the unexplainable. Letting trippers know what to expect... within the limits of language.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
    #3084888 - 09/02/04 09:50 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I think that sprituality deals with that which is often hard to describe and touches the soul. Mushrooms seem to bridge the gap between sprituality and the mind, which are normally separate. For me fungus helps break down those barriers which are in my mind and interfere with spritual revelations. Its all personal to extreme levlels but I beleive mushies will help you trigger religious switches in your mind and allow you to explore that realm if you are ready. The difficult part is being ready to receive all that which comes before you.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: FAQ 13. What is the link between spirituality and trippi [Re: HerbanShaman]
    #3295963 - 10/30/04 12:08 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

bump

maybe this should be moved to S&P for a little vacation and much needed input :wink:

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: FAQ 13. What is the link between spirituality and trippi [Re: blink]
    #3295968 - 10/30/04 12:11 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I like the way you think.

Let's give it one more day in here, then, I'll move it.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #3297036 - 10/30/04 10:47 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The ultimate thing to find out is that you are everything. Which also means that you are nothing, opposites create each other. When you take that chemical key and open the small white door surrounded by hedges you will be surprised by what you find beyond the veil. The white nothingness of the void envelopes you and it may seem strange but I am led to believe that this is the true nature of us all. That is my angle of spirtuality and tripping. Just remember to take everything you learn while tripping with a grain of salt. In other words, don't always believe what is shown to you while on a trip, the luny bins are full of people who weren't ready to deal with themselves.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

2 strong links between spirituality and tripping [Re: mecreateme]
    #3297105 - 10/30/04 11:13 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

1. when a person senses tremendous resonance or depth of perception, the experience is marked.

some call it spiritual. It is a good call but the meaning is not too clear.

this happens a lot with tripping and may be the essence of tripping. (extended resonance of all things)

2. when a person trips they are inside the mind which operates by association and resonance and the resonance is kicked up 1 or more notches. eastern spiritual pursuit and meditation teaches one how to navigate that space.

While in the normal world one can approach or avoid instinctively, in the mind, if you run away you are brought closer to the source of fear (by association - all natural - it is how the mind works).

the most effective teachings of spiritual leaders are of value to trippers especially in showing how to let go, since instinctive behaviour does not work inside the mind. (i.e. approach and avoid are both converted to approach)

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offline3Stigmata
Stranger
Re: 2 strong links between spirituality and tripping [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3297305 - 10/30/04 12:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

People (at least the smart ones) trip in order to find a universal spirituality, where everything is connected and whole on a level that is unlike the one we live on each day. The spiritual aspect of life is in the infinite and the existence of god in an objective and subjective view, as is tripping. In other words, tripping is linked to spirituality in that it's a method of creating a sense in oneself that reflects and helps to understand the underlying fluidity of the world. By itself, spirituality is something that is more often felt in a faith sort of way, like the red sox nation hoping they will win the world series, and then tripping is an action that helps to solidify the validity of such notions, such as the sox actually doing it and proving it can be done and is true.

maybe this bit of randomness can help to come up with a useful answer to this question, but obviously tis more than that.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: 2 strong links between spirituality and tripping [Re: 3Stigmata]
    #3297559 - 10/30/04 01:32 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

when you think about older religions they were based on earth itself. there could be a good reason why these older religions were this way. its true. im not some tree hugging individual, but the fact is so much of our environment as we know it today is just mother nature being manipulated. so anyhow the mushroom comes from earth and its results are amazing. the way it can make you think while tripping is astonishing. the way you can get outside of the box that we call society, which is just a bunch of people falling to a bunch of advertising. a perfect example of this is what christianity did to the pagens, by turning there religion into an "evil" religion. i do find it hard to put into words what exactlly it is so just bear with me untill i stumble across it. tripping alows a person to be a free thinker and opens the mind to a new world of seeing things that are not there, or are they and nobody can see them, to ESP, to out of body. these things have happened to people without having to be tripping. these people found the link between the physical world and the other world. which you seem to find so easily while tripping. while tripping you find a link between your physical body and your spirit, something you dont realize in your everyday life. in everyday life you seem to be aware of your physical body with no attention to your spirit, while tripping you seem to forget your body and focus on your spirit. im sorry i cant turn my thoughts into words so easily on this subject and i know i just typed a bunch of irrelevent shit but i will post it cause maybe someone else can pick up where i left off.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: FAQ 13. What is the link between spirituality and tripping? *DELETED* [Re: Rose]
    #3305750 - 11/01/04 04:42 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Offlinejent
enchanted wizardof rhythm
Re: FAQ 13. What is the link between spirituality and tripping? [Re: poke smot!]
    #3305993 - 11/01/04 05:49 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I look at tripping slightly diffrent. I use it as a tool, witch it sounds like alot of you do too. But I look at it like it helps me change my perspective on something, life, people, earth, lots of things. That is why I and others could make the argument that even pot is a trip. You may not see things but all it does is help you change your perspective. Now pot is to a diffrent and lesser deggree but still has the same foundation. Just a shortcut to religion. In what ever sence that may be.

--------------------
the jent

Offlinedarkstar122982
A machination ofthe Gods

Loc: The womb of chaos.
Re: 2 strong links between spirituality and tripping [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3310456 - 11/02/04 04:59 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It's as if the body or the physical self is left behind. The conscience is taken to a whole different place.

I've used the statement before, "The mind is like a doorway or path, linking the body/flesh to the spirit/energy within and all around. So here we have something that we put into our bodies which in turn our bodys send it to the brain which opens a direct pathway to spirit.. during a psychedelic experience of some sort we consciencly leave behind our physical existance and become aware and apart of the greater source of some sort.

I don't know, man. That's just what I've come up with so far.

--------------------

Awaken Within!

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: 2 strong links between spirituality and tripping [Re: darkstar122982]
    #3312888 - 11/03/04 04:08 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I want to see what responses this thread gets in a new forum. Thanks for your help.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3312922 - 11/03/04 04:36 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If tripping opened one up to some "universal truth" then political opinion by trippers would be slanted hard one way or the other as a higher pathway would be revealed. Just as many (or perhaps slightly more) favor the war as are against it.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#3312970 - 11/03/04 05:16 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I believe tripping regress ones mind back to an infantile like state, equipped with language, complex thoughts, different expirences, etc... I also believe it opens up your brain and allows for more external stimulus to be absorbed, which overwhelms your senses (results in perception distortions whether visual, audible, or whatever).

And I found that when tripping alone there is a conscious/subconscious merge which unburies many unresolved thoughts. Some people reflect this negatively and say it is a bad trip, I say it is an oppurtunity to resolve (or atleast) accept whatever is on mind, which results in an overall feeling of well being (the "afterglow").

There is more to it than that, but I'd have to get all "metaphysical" on j00r ass so I'll just leave it at that.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: FAQ 13. What is the link between spirituality and tripping? [Re: psyka]
    #3314041 - 11/03/04 10:24 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Depends entirely on the person.

To some, tripping is fun, sometimes scary, always colourful, almost like a vivid dream.

To others, it defies labels. It transcends all experience prior to ingestion, it unifies everything - past present, dissolves all barriers of self/non-self, and reveals the infinite awareness that has always existed within and within 'them' - a fragment of the whole.

And yet - this can be temporary. The person may think they have stumbled on some amazing spiritual insight, that no one else could have possibly ever have been aware to, and that this awareness could not possibly ever go away. They think that their mundane life prior to this will change, as they now see how and why it's mundane - and also what's missing from this purely physical pleasure-seeking life. The next day they wake up and shrug it off as a crazy trip.

Still to others, much more rewarding spiritual experiences can be achieved without the drugs, through meditation, fasting, whatever. Taking these drugs only reinforces their already established insights and offers a slightly new perspective.

So really, it's not a concrete link at all. The most that usually happens from these experiences is that they show great insight temporarily, and when forgotten later - they encourage the user to take up spiritual practices in pursuit of longer lasting awareness.

But spirituality is different for everyone, as is tripping. :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds