Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
20 things learned
    #3305951 - 11/01/04 07:35 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

just something i received in a email a couple of weeks ago thought i would share it.

20 things I've learned in 50 years (by Dave Barry)
>
> 1. The federal government’s most valuable function is entertainment.
>
> 2. Never even remotely suggest to a woman that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.
>
> 3. A penny saved is worthless.
>
> 4. The most powerful force in the universe is gossip.
>
> 5. One factor uniting all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.
>
> 6. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday, and that time is age 11.
>
> 7. There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
>
> 8. People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
>
> 9. Nobody is normal.
>
> 10. At least once each year, some group of scientists will become excited and announce that:
> * The universe is even bigger than they thought!
> * There are even more subatomic particles than they guessed!
> * Whatever they announced last year about global warming is wrong.
>
> 11. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be "meetings."
>
> 12. The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to annoy people who are not in them.
>
> 13. If there really is a God who created the entire universe with all of its glories, and He decides to deliver a message to humanity, He will not use, as His messenger, a person on cable TV with a bad hairstyle.
>
> 14. You should not confuse your career with your life.
>
> 15. A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.
>
> 16. No matter what happens, somebody will take it too seriously.
>
> 17. When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, this individual is crazy.
>
> 18. Your friends love you anyway.
>
> 19. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
>
> 20. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance

--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: 20 things learned [Re: spudamore]
    #3306015 - 11/01/04 07:56 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

That was funny. I love dave barry's column! This sort of humor is consistant from him.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: 20 things learned [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3306312 - 11/01/04 09:12 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night

well. you can, but you will need to invest in new sheets... and probably a new mattress... and a bunch of de-odorizer
j\k : cool post :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: 20 things learned [Re: spudamore]
    #3306688 - 11/01/04 10:36 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

spudamore said:
just something i received in a email a couple of weeks ago thought i would share it.

20 things I've learned in 50 years (by Dave Barry)

1. The federal government’s most valuable function is entertainment.

i.e., Same circus, different clowns.

Quote:

2. Never even remotely suggest to a woman that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.

Yep.  Once I went to a gym to work out, being 20 weeks pregnant, and there was a woman there whose stomach looked like mine, and I said, "hey, you're pregnant too!"  She left before the class even started.  :grin:

Quote:

5. One factor uniting all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

Well, I AM an above-average driver.  :grin:  I can get you there really fast, without getting in an accident, although, on the way, you will think you will be getting in an accident at any moment. 

Quote:

7. There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Ain't that the truth. 

Quote:

11. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be "meetings."

Right!  Whevever I have to attend a meeting, I assume ahead of time that I will be wasting my time, and I bring my laptop with me so I can go online.  :grin:  It's just a three-ring circus.  Nothing really gets discussed, and nothing really gets resolved.

Quote:

17. When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, this individual is crazy.

That would be me!

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology