Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBuckfish
Chillin
Myth or not?
    #3305489 - 11/01/04 03:31 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I've heard that orange juice increases the effect of the mushrooms is there any truth to this and if so why. :rasta:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDMTelepath
Nut

Loc: States of America
Re: Myth or not? [Re: Buckfish]
    #3305501 - 11/01/04 03:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I recommend you search the forums for this information, i'm sure it's been covered numerous times. But from what i've heard, it MIGHT have some effect with tripping, yet i've never noticed a difference. One time when i had bad cotton mouth on mushies, i was drinking orange juice which is the only liquid available to me, and i actually believed it was god. I jotted it down numerous times :p

--------------------
Me, Myself, and GOD

Anonymous

#3305512 - 11/01/04 03:36 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

myth.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #3305548 - 11/01/04 03:42 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think orange juice does anything.

But grapefruit juice, according to Erowid, does something to the enzymes in your stomach, which does make the experience stronger.

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: Myth or not? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3305554 - 11/01/04 03:44 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

imo any time i have vitimans in my system i trip better becouse i have better blood flow and shit

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Myth or not? [Re: onetime]
    #3305665 - 11/01/04 04:11 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It's all in your mind.

Better blood flow means more filtering effect by liver and kidneys. Oh, btw, you don't trip on chemicals in the blood stream. They have cross the brain/blood barrier to get into the brain. This is completely independent of amount of circulation. It is solely dependent on concentration in the blood stream.

Try this in the future. Take 2-50g tabs of niacin during onset. It'll squander your trip down to nothing. Niacin's primary effect is flushing(increase in blood circulation)

Good luck

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

Offlineballs
thats right
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Myth or not? [Re: Sam1912]
    #3305688 - 11/01/04 04:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Orange juice contains Vitamin C which is known to relieve anxiety...taking a few Vitamin C caps before tripping helps with the anxiety attack..

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

Re: Myth or not? [Re: balls]
    #3305840 - 11/01/04 05:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

do you think it makes you trip harder? then maybe it does?
i told a guy once that milk would make him stop trippin, and after enough convincing and reassurance that i knew that milk would help, it did. but i guess i could have said beer or pond water, whatever. it all in your mind.

Offlineguri
Master of theimprobablitydrive

Loc: PNWish.
Re: Myth or not? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3305973 - 11/01/04 05:44 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i though the grape juice had to do with opiates.....

--------------------
"If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, then go home and burn all your records, all your tapes, and all your CDs because every one of those artists who have made brilliant music and enhanced your lives? The Beatles were so fucking high, they let Ringo sing a few songs." --Bill Hicks

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Myth or not? [Re: guri]
    #3306064 - 11/01/04 06:13 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3306164 - 11/01/04 06:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

grapefruit juice, that has a chemical which inhibits a liver enzyme... nothing in oj potenates psycadelics though.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlineguri

Re: Myth or not? [Re: gdman]
    #3306425 - 11/01/04 07:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

so i was correct i think. cuz i remember you in your own words from this thread said so

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3243171/page//fpart/1/vc/1

but yeah prolly with psycadelics its just placebo.

--------------------
"If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, then go home and burn all your records, all your tapes, and all your CDs because every one of those artists who have made brilliant music and enhanced your lives? The Beatles were so fucking high, they let Ringo sing a few songs." --Bill Hicks

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3306599 - 11/01/04 08:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yes, but you said grape juice, it's grapefruit juice it's no big deal, just letting you know, incase you try it with grape juice and get dissapointed and are like "wtf was he talking about?"

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlineguri

Re: Myth or not? [Re: gdman]
    #3306607 - 11/01/04 08:16 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

you know im thinking thats why last weekend when i tried that out (im thinking i drank some grape juice and not grapefruit juice before some hydrocodone)

guess i was so excited to see that my nearby dinning center had some sort of juice containing the word grape that i just drank it. which is funny cuz normally when trying new things i research hella (which i did) then make sure i stil understand what i read.

either way thanks.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder