Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Couple of minor (hopefully) problems w/ my pc
    #3305126 - 11/01/04 04:26 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I've noticed the last few weeks that sometimes my cursor will move to the far upper left corner of the screen and nothing I do will make it budge until I restart my computer. Yesterday, I found something on my pc- Trojan Collector.A. I deleted the file using trend micro's online housecall. I ran AVG also and nothing came up.

I'm wondering if anyone had the same problem and if so what was the problem and how did you fix it?

One other thing. I play HalfLife a lot online and run and play on my own server. My ping should normally be around 30 or so. Lately when another player is on my ping goes well over 100 at times. Normally if something like that happens I go to task manager and see what's eating up my bandwidth. Well now when I try to open task manager it minimizes immediatly to the system tray and it won't let me bring it up. I'm running Windows 2000 server.

Also, another thing. I play fantasy sports and four out of five years I have participated in the live online draft I have had my draft crash during the first three rounds. This is very annoying because when you aren't there the computer selects for you. I'm good at fantasy nba and was number two in the nation at one point last year late in the season.

This year it happened again and I went ballistic! It really cost me because I ended up drafting a rookie and a questionable center, and have four centers total. Anyway, I got to thinking about it, and realized that the only common denominator when my draft crashes is that a friend of mine has a team in that league. It never crashes in other leagues or the one year he wasn't there. How hard would it be for him to crash my java applet that runs the draft? Or am I being paranoid?

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: Couple of minor (hopefully) problems w/ my pc [Re: Jellric]
    #3305175 - 11/01/04 04:34 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

when was the last time you reformatted?
what OS?
what are your specs?

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Couple of minor (hopefully) problems w/ my pc [Re: Vvellum]
    #3306444 - 11/01/04 09:44 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Well like I said, my OS is Windows 2000 server and I haven't reformatted because this computer and hard drive was brand new in January.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Couple of minor (hopefully) problems w/ my pc [Re: Jellric]
    #3308845 - 11/02/04 01:25 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

By cursor I assume you mean mouse pointer? If so, I would delete the mouse driver and let the system reinstall it and if that doesn't help I would try a new mouse.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology