Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMy_Corona
Stranger
 User Gallery

Rhysperdol trip ender??
    #3303243 - 11/01/04 12:46 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

A certain person I know has an RX for Rhysperdol an anti psychotic used to treat skizofrenia type disorders. I looked it up on erowid and came across a report of someone canceling an acid trip when he took his regularly scheduled dose. Anyone else hear about this or know more about it?

--------------------
Im on acid for YOUR protection...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMrbadguy
Marquis de Sade

Loc: Enemy territory
Re: Rhysperdol trip ender?? [Re: My_Corona]
    #3304977 - 11/01/04 02:01 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

you would probably want to visit the risperdal website.

risperdal would suppress symptoms of psychosis (eg schizo) and you'd imagine it acts as an antagonist towards hallucinogens, but they're many factors you'd need to consider...this certain friend, how long has he been taking it? what is the dosage (risperdal daily doses are typically low)? and what is/are the diagnosis/diagnoses (I've seen risperdal treated for ADHD, psychosis rule outs, and I've heard seizures).

I said risperdal comes *usually* in low doses (approx 1mg+, lowest is .25mg), and the desired results take long periods of time. Plus with a lot of these psych treatment drugs, the precise action of this drug isn't fully known. If it's a low dose, I say perhaps cut a pill (if pills) in two, take each for two days daily several days prior to the trip, then lay off them a day or two prior plus the day you're dropping acid. I'm no psychiatrist, though've learned much on psych, so check out their website and consider there's always a risk if you're introducing an undiagnosed drug with your psych treatment (the website probably won't specifically speak of interaction with LSD). I'd imagine the greater risk would be a very slim chance of a psychotic episode following a trip with a mentally unstable individual. btw-I believe "302ers" (involuntary mental patient intakes) don't legally get rights to enlist the army or own firearms, worst case scenario of course.

On the lighter note Risperdal is an incredibly safe drug (general) and is given to probably over a million patients.

--------------------
...hypothetically speaking of course.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1