Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Paul Stamets

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleshachar

Loc: israel
oyster will save the world
    #3303547 - 11/01/04 05:08 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Mycelium Running: A Guide to Healing the Planet Through Gardening
by Paul Stamets

A groundbreaking manual for saving the world through mushroom cultivation! The science goes like this: fine filaments of living cells called mycelium, the fruit of which are mushrooms, already cover large areas of land around the world. As the mycelium grows, it silently breaks down plant and animal debris, recycling carbon, nitrogen and other essential elements in the creation of new soil. Read all about the newest trend in environmental science in Mycelium Running.

book Description:
More mushrooms, less pollution! Yes, you heard right: growing more mushrooms may be the best thing we can do to save the environment and mushroom expert Paul Stamets explains how in MYCELIUM RUNNING, a groundbreaking manual for saving the world through mushroom cultivation. The science goes like this: fine filaments of cells called mycelium, the fruit of which are mushrooms, already cover large areas of land around the world. As the mycelium grows, it breaks down plant and animal debris, recycling carbon, nitrogen, and other essential elements in the creation of rich new soil. What Stamets has discovered is that the enzymes and acids that mycelium produces to decompose this debris are superb at breaking apart hydrocarbons?the base structure common to many pollutants. So, for instance, when diesel oil?contaminated soil is inoculated with strains of oyster mycelia, the soil loses its toxicity in just eight weeks. The science is both simple and brilliant, and in MY! CELIUM RUNNING, Stamets discusses the various branches of this exciting new technology, including mycorestoration (biotransforming stripped land), mycofiltration (creating habitat buffers), myco-remediation (healing chemically harmed environments), and mycoforestry (creating truly sustainable forests). Also featuring instruction in the fine art of mushroom cultivation and tips for choosing the appropriate species of fungi for various purposes, MYCELIUM RUNNING is the consummate guide to this newest trend in environmental science.

Edited by shachar (11/01/04 05:10 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Loc: ¯\(º_o)/¯
Re: oyster will save the world [Re: shachar]
    #3303843 - 11/01/04 08:42 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i have recently orderet that book :smile: im looking forward to reading it

--------------------
note: english is my 3rd languange, please ignore misspelling and poor english, im doing my best :smile:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ug98TKkWKy0

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
    #3304633 - 11/01/04 02:31 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting, I like the idea!

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

OfflineDrGidget
shroomeater
    #3309055 - 11/02/04 02:18 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

fuck the world, save yourselves...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Paul Stamets

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms