Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMOoKie
Psychadelic Researcher on Art Bell Radio Show.
    #330340 - 05/31/01 04:04 AM (16 years, 2 days ago)

Rick Strassman will be on the Art Bell radio show webcast from www.artbell.com on Wednesday night/Thursday morning next week, the sixth and seventh. The show starts at 10:00pm PACIFIC time and ends at 3:00am Pacific.

Here's a snippet from his book:

In 1990, I began the first new human research with psychedelic, or hallucinogenic, drugs in the United States in over 20 years. These studies investigated the effects of N,N-dimethyltryptamine, or DMT, an extremely short-acting and powerful psychedelic. During the project's five years, I administered approximately 400 doses of DMT to 60 human volunteers. This research took place at the University of New Mexico's School of Medicine in Albuquerque, where I was tenured Associate Professor of Psychiatry.
I was drawn to DMT because of its presence in all of our bodies. Perhaps excessive DMT production, coming from the mysterious pineal gland, was involved in naturally occurring "psychedelic" states. These might include birth, death and near-death, psychosis, and mystical experiences. Only later, while the study was well under way, did I also begin considering DMT's role in the "alien abduction" experience.

The DMT project was founded on cutting edge brain science, especially the psychopharmacology of serotonin. However, my own background powerfully affected how we prepared people for, and supervised, their drug sessions. One of these was a decades-long relationship with a Zen Buddhist training monastery.

The Art Bell show kicks ass....if you stay up late check it out. It deals with all sorts of topics: UFO's, conspiracies, ghosts, out of body experiences.....you get the picture.

"I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" ~Patrick Henry

--------------------
"If it ain't one thing, then it's the other. Any cause that crosses your path; your heart bleeds for anyone's brother. I've got to tell you you're a pain in the ass."      Oingo Boingo!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMOoKie
Re: Psychadelic Researcher on Art Bell Radio Show. [Re: MOoKie]
    #335709 - 06/06/01 12:58 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Ain't nothin wrong
with a little BUMP and grind.

Tommorow night............

--------------------
"If it ain't one thing, then it's the other. Any cause that crosses your path; your heart bleeds for anyone's brother. I've got to tell you you're a pain in the ass."      Oingo Boingo!

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #336476 - 06/06/01 09:23 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

HA HA! Art Bell is too damn funny! And he lives just over the hill from me. We always like to sit out in the middle of nowhere and watch the stars while listening to him. He has some of the most whacked-out people on his show!! Its always good for a laugh.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

OfflineMaxawow
enthusiast
    #337254 - 06/07/01 08:12 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

That was a good show, wasnt it. What did you guys think?

--------------------
---Its like being stoned in 3-D!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media