Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecarmex234
old hand
Anyone use this casting?
    #329635 - 05/30/01 11:59 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

https://www.yelmworms.com/orderinginformation.htm

its fungal nutrient solution, i was going to get that and a brick of coir

girl your always n my face talkin dis and dat,gurlll i had to buy some rimz for da caddalac!

--------------------
"Anything that grows from her is meant to be consumed in some way... what turns "drugs" bad is when it is touched by greed dirtied hands and processed"

well said....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Anyone use this casting? [Re: carmex234]
    #330101 - 05/30/01 08:22 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I havent tried the 'soil soup' yet, when I went there to buy it, she only had a couple gallons of it.... and these she only sold with the whole kit, which mixes it up, she told me to order it from 'soil soup' which is a seperate company. As far a the castings go, they sell a product called 'bare foot soil', it is excellent for gardening, it is a compost that is loaded with worm castings, now i've used this stuff with casings.... I used it as a bottom layer in the casing and it didn't really ever completely colonize... I've also used as a casing layer mixed with vermiculite and other stuff like oyster shell and lime.... DO NOT use their coco fiber, it is bad for casing.... contams lime green everytime no matter what it is mixed with or buffered to. However I do beleive their is potential for the casting soil, I just havent perfected it yet... as a casing layer it seemed to work well......... until the second flush, but that was probably my bad there. 50/50+ works just as good though. As far as the 'soilsoup', I was told that it was made by 'soaking/extracting' the 'bare foot soil', and the left over 'syrupy' stuff is 'soilsoup'. So that is my experience so far with yelmearthworms' product as far as mushrooms go. I will soon try mixing the barefootsoil with dung, because I KNOW it is very rich in nutrients.... but by itself I have not had much luck with colonizing it. I will update y'all with my results.
But DO NOT use thier coir. The soil is worth messing with., but then again, with shipping and handling it might not be :/, anyone who has tried and had success, or is going to try using this stuff please PM me with the details, so we can exchange ideas.

Invisiblecarmex234
old hand
    #330250 - 05/30/01 11:37 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

wait, ima little messed up here....I thought u could sterilizesomeworm castinsg, any type. Then put it into a rubbermaid, and add liquid innoculant,,,, bang it colonizes and there u have bulk substrate?right???

girl your always n my face talkin dis and dat,gurlll i had to buy some rimz for da caddalac!

--------------------
"Anything that grows from her is meant to be consumed in some way... what turns "drugs" bad is when it is touched by greed dirtied hands and processed"

well said....

Anonymous

#330323 - 05/31/01 01:29 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Well carmex, the biotch slayer, not all worm casting mixtures are the same.... worm castings are worm castings, but this stuff we are talking about is a compost mixture that 'contains' worm castings.... among others things. I've got a bag of it here.... what i'll do just for you is i'll take a cake, break it up and mix it with some 'yelmworms, barefoot soil' and i'll tell you in a week what happens ok...... remind me though.

Anonymous

Re: Anyone use this casting? [Re: Anonymous]
    #330327 - 05/31/01 01:33 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Oh, also one other thing I forgot to mention, the stuff does NOT need to be sterilized at all, in fact.... I have had a bag of it sitting on my porch for 2 months now and there is no mold growing on it :smile:, as with every other bag of potting soil I have around here.  Do you think that dropping a mycelium cake on it is going to make it suddenly start molding?  :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract