Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineJust a Punk
Shithawk

Loc: Canada
Re: Want to help with the new Code of Conduct?? [Re: Thor]
    #329201 - 05/29/01 08:44 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Personally I think there should be a poll to see if shroomery members even want a code of conduct.

There is a pleasure sure,
In being mad, which none but madmen know!

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
:B

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

Loc: springfield
    #329910 - 05/30/01 05:31 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

"We've always allowed free speech unless of course its something illegal, trading drugs etc"

Well actually i wouldn't worry too much about you but some of the other mods might abuse these rules and bann people who they like. And eventually it will come to a point were trolls won't exsist, no one will argue, and well it will pretty much suck. Plus you guys always told people bout not trading anything illegal, so what is this gonna change?

--------------------
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

Bertrand Russell

OfflineMOoKie
Re: Want to help with the new Code of Conduct?? [Re: hubertd8]
    #330192 - 05/30/01 10:21 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

***Well actually i wouldn't worry too much about you but some of the other mods might abuse these rules and bann people who they like.***

There's actually checks and balances in place for this...no worries.

The cultivation forums should have a somewhat stringent code of conduct. It's kind of like the library of the shroomery, the place where you learn. You want to attract fellow intelligent mycologists that will add to it. People bitching at each other and complaining won't make that happen. You also can't have false information being spread.

The rest of the forums, with the possible exception of "other drugs", should be largely left alone.

"I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" ~Patrick Henry

--------------------
"If it ain't one thing, then it's the other. Any cause that crosses your path; your heart bleeds for anyone's brother. I've got to tell you you're a pain in the ass."      Oingo Boingo!

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

Loc: springfield
Re: Want to help with the new Code of Conduct?? [Re: MOoKie]
    #330227 - 05/30/01 11:06 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

"also can't have false information being spread. "

well even some of the smartes members here have spread mis-info, it all comes done to the fact that many here claim to know alot but don't and who is goning judge whether something is incorrect or a very informative and correct document which just challenges the majority veiws.

"The rest of the forums, with the possible exception of "other drugs", should be largely left alone."

If you are trying to raise the whole issue of suppliers please don't, i believe that if somethiing is legal then everyone should have access to it, however if it is illegal then of coarse the thread should be closed. But you'll have mods who disslike the requesting of suppliers of say perfectly legal r.chems and they will close the thread, this should not happen since nothing illegal has occured.

It's just few members are like thor or 3d and those will ruine the shroomery experinece.

--------------------
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

Bertrand Russell

OfflineMOoKie
Re: Want to help with the new Code of Conduct?? [Re: hubertd8]
    #330308 - 05/31/01 01:07 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Oh I know what your saying man...no one is perfect. Basically I meant you want to be able to control someone that comes in just to be an ass and starts telling people to eat contams or something. You don't know who might come in, read that lone post and eat a contaminated shroom. That's a long shot, but it's just an example.

***If you are trying to raise the whole issue of suppliers please don't***

I'm not. I just don't want someone to get hurt as a direct result of something they read on the internet. Especially not at a site I frequent.

It just makes sense to me that the forums that deal with potentially dangerous substances, should have tighter controls then say, the OTD.

"I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" ~Patrick Henry

--------------------
"If it ain't one thing, then it's the other. Any cause that crosses your path; your heart bleeds for anyone's brother. I've got to tell you you're a pain in the ass."      Oingo Boingo!

InvisibleZeus
addict

#332700 - 06/02/01 09:39 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

make me a mod. or well make some real people mods i just noticed that there are 40 yes 40 moderators. i dont know how we got this many moderators but some seem more than just a little wet behind the ears, asking basic questions n sutch. anywhoo i got a lot of time on my hands and would like to help.
also sorry for not posting about the real problem at hand but your right about a code of conduct. i mean there really shouldnt be rules or a set code. it should just be something everyone accepts without saying. i mean everyone knows that you dont use your penis to make waffles.

a code should just be something accepted by the shroomerites without saying, an unsaid understanding between everyone. if you think someting is openly terrible or wrong speak to the poster about it and if they choose to openly disreguard the best opinions of the shroomerites then they should be taken aside and beaten (well not really).

but the main point of this is as time progresses hopefully the members will start acting like a real community and less like a day-care. the only two reason for mods is to help with quick responses and to elp people from being hurt. one of my friends was visiting a while back and read a flame about raping someone in there sleep and i can see it genuinly hurt her being a victim of rape from her father. (so there is one great mind we will never hear from)

anyway sorry to say but alot of the mods here dont really know their actual duties and they are the ones who really set the code of conduct.

--------------------
" I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am. "

"Experience is the meaning to life" -me

Offlinenarc monkey
old hand
Loc: Canada
Re: Want to help with the new Code of Conduct?? [Re: Just a Punk]
    #332755 - 06/02/01 11:12 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom