Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
Thirteen employees of a botanical garden in Stockholm ended up in the hospital showing symptoms of drug poisoning after a departing intern served them cake as a goodbye gesture.
A 27-year-old intern at the Bergianska traedgaard in Stockholm had baked a cake for his colleagues on his last day of work.
After eating the cake with their morning coffee, "five people became ill. They showed signs of having been drugged. Later on, more people got sick," Stockholm police spokesman Bjoern Pihlblad told AFP.
In all, 13 people, including a 15-year-old boy, were sent to the hospital after reportedly experiencing dizziness and hallucinations and having trouble breathing.
"We are not sure what kind of drug was used," Pihlblad said, adding that police had not yet located the intern and that they had conducted a search of his home for narcotic substances.
According to Swedish media reports, cannabis and hallucinogenic mushrooms had been found at the man's home.
"cannabis and hallucinogenic mushrooms had been found at the man's home."
Pass me some of that cake.....
-------------------- One of the reasons marijuana is illegal today because growers in the 30s lobbied against hemp farmers -- they saw it as competition, because It is not chemically addictive as is nicotine, alcohol, or caffeine.