Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
A Better Place
    #3300806 - 10/31/04 10:12 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Ever notice how when someone dies, people say they've gone to a better place? Let's assume this is true. If, upon death, we go to a better place, then why isn't murder considered an act of compassion? Why aren't we all offing ourselves right now? Why do we discourage suicide, and talk about how much someone has to live for? Why not focus on what we have to die for? If people truly believed that they will go to paradise when they die, why would they bother wearing a seatbelt, eating healthy, seeking medical attention, or pursuing any other means of prolonging their life?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: A Better Place [Re: silversoul7]
    #3300809 - 10/31/04 10:14 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Those who see others as suicidal would rather keep someone alive to use them for a purpose then to let them leave a place they call hell.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: A Better Place [Re: Droz]
    #3300813 - 10/31/04 10:16 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

because in this life, especially in america, victimization is a religion.

people discourage "early death" (yeah right) and suicide because then they would not have you (like they own you). they would be the victim, not the dying/dead person.

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: A Better Place [Re: Todcasil]
    #3300825 - 10/31/04 10:20 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

then why isn't murder considered an act of compassion?

consider this, if put i jail, you think of how it is there, (bad?)
if you are 'put to sleep' (murdered), you are released?

is that not compassion?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (10/31/04 10:20 AM)

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #3300831 - 10/31/04 10:24 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Because most people are egoically controlled; identified with their egoic minds and hence, view death as a depressing thought. So they form the egoic belief that perhaps their egos will continue to live in some future Heaven, out of fear and desire; yet at the same time, they live in fear of dying Here and Now.
On the other hand, those with Being-cognition, rather than egoic Deficiency-cognition, can live with respect for Life and Death, based not on fear, but Love.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3300834 - 10/31/04 10:25 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

For lots of reasons and I will give a few,

There is that little something insde that says, If it was so great, why did I choose to leave it to come here? Curiousity takes over and we go about solving that mystery. (It's fun to work at figuring out - the stuff that gives life meaning)

My personal belief is that LIFE in the physical is RICH beyond measure elsewhere. I go exploring in my etheric body a lot, same as the one you have when you drop the physical. let me tell you, it has the tangible quality of the imanigination realms. That pales in comparision to how intense, deep and rich experience can be felt here.

There is a story floating around other message boards about a teacher asking students to list the 7 wonders of the world. All did the well known structures but one girls listed,

Touch
Taste
Sight
Smell
hearing
Love
Laughter

I remember encountering snow on a journey and it was like grabbing a handful of laundry detergent. It had no temperature and was dry, it wouldn't melt in my hands.

To have a lover run their fingers over your skin, that feeling, you can't get on the other side. dewy grass under bare feet, wind in your hair, chocolate pudding on your tongue, the sound of the birds and crickets, so many things.

You get the idea.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: A Better Place [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3300846 - 10/31/04 10:31 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Even though I believe that we go to a "better" place after we die, that doesn't mean that life on planet Earth doesn't serve a purpose. And if your life is cut short, whether by means of suicide or because someone took it, then you are not going to be able to finish whatever you were meant to be here to do, such as learn, or atone for past karma.

There are reasons for us to be here. We're not simply here, biding our time, while we wait to die. We're here to learn and to do what we are supposed to do. And until we learn what we are here to learn, or do what we are supposed to do, we will reincarnate again and again.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    #3300851 - 10/31/04 10:51 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Life, and death, is part of the natural cycle of things; no need to cut it short. It offers us a chance to rid ourselves of the conventional since, to undo conventional misunderstandings through self-annihilation, it is necessary to dabble slightly in the conventional. Then, upon our death, we are given the chance to fully self-realize and remain forever free of suffering. Killing ourselves before we are free will simply put off the journey which we must all eventually undertake.

In other words, death allows those who are ready to go to a better place. Those who are not ready are given another lifetime to experience and learn.

Invisibletracing
Stranger

Re: A Better Place [Re: Frog]
    #3300859 - 10/31/04 11:11 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

jiggy and frog.. you sure know alot about the afterlife, I wonder where you both learned these things hmm?

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: A Better Place [Re: tracing]
    #3300861 - 10/31/04 11:14 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

God, the bible, Edgar Cayce, and my guru.  :grin:

Oh, and here, too.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: A Better Place [Re: tracing]
    #3300873 - 10/31/04 12:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Its a part of your now life tracing. Just open up to it, remember it, pull the veil aside.

Separation is BS. You are truly never separate from a thing, spiritually speaking and never will be or were.

Your consciousness is alive and well everywhere beyond what you perceive with now when you are awake. Our minds right now in these bodies are devoloped to varying degrees to only process so much stimuli and our minds are predominantly engaged in input from our physical sensory perceptors.

When you tune that input out, you can more easily tune in to input from the non physical sensory percpetors. Remember that stuff Jesus was saying about people having eyes but they cannot see???????? That one cracks me up.

No one is going to take you there or prove it to you. Get curious yourself to understand more, or wait until you die, I don't care.

I'm just sharing what I have come to know and me personally, I want the physical experience plussssssss all the goodies that come from the non physical. A little at a time, I'm pullin it in for myself.

I wish I wish I wish, I could take you all there and let you see what it's like and how they are LINING up to get in on this.

Sometimes, I get tired of hearing this spoiled non sense of people waiting to die to get to a better place. If you can't make this place good, how are you going to do it anywhere else in consciousness. It's the same people waiting to die for better who will be lining back up to get in on this experience.

You'll be caught up in this loop until you learn to appreciate APPRECIATE it all.

Better is a perspective of duality that compares things. There is what is and it's all about how you look at it. I don't see the other side as being better or any worse, its just different. It has some more freedoms yet, it lacks richness, the richness of depth.

Think of how you hear someones voice when replaying a conversation in your head, or when remembering a song. That is the quality of hearing and experiencing sound on the other side. Rock concerts in "heaven" suck. LOL

Ya know that feeling of heavy bass pulsing through your body ahhhhhh, coolness.

Swimming in water is one of the greatest hedonistic pleasures known in the universe.

Oh well........... whatever.............. just sharing my trip, to each his own.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Edited by gettinjiggywithit (10/31/04 12:57 PM)

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #3300970 - 10/31/04 12:48 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

beautifully put jiggy

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: A Better Place [Re: Todcasil]
    #3301003 - 10/31/04 12:59 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

""they've gone to a better place?""

does this mean they left it?
or could going to a better place, be going back to the place you like the most? if you like it all equally, would that mean returning to a place you like, is becoming a change skipper? a ghost? he-he :thumbup:

we are not going to sleep? we are returning to sleep from some other form of sleeping? it must awake!?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order