Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKnattyD
Starving Artist

Loc: Core of the Sun
how deep does this shit go?
    #3299900 - 10/31/04 02:38 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

now, think about it. what do you know. and what makes u sure its true. everything we know is either told to us by other people or our senses, are these reasonable sources? i think not. i think the more wisdom u possess is the more u realize u know nothing.... we could be a speck of dust floating in space and everything tangible can be a figure of ur imagination... i put this in the pub becuase i want to know what the general people feel, even people who may not be into philosophy.....now think about this. what is ur life about? being a robot to corporations? what do u trust? politics? religion? why? do u live day by day or do u live one long journey? :sun:

--------------------
Roots natty, don't give up - hold on
If I am wrong, be not afraid to say so
Is there any difference between the black and white?
We are all of one skin - same blood , same soul
But there are some who think dreadlocks don't count

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: how deep does this shit go? [Re: KnattyD]
    #3299929 - 10/31/04 02:55 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

well of course we dont know anything for absolute fact. lies, distorions, mistakes, or simple not knowing if your dreaming or not. knwo way to KNOW, just things that all seem to be liek no other way makes sense.

i dont think life has to be about anything. live it how you see fit, thats teh joy.

speck of dust, saints, missionaries whatever. fact is in 100 years we are all jsut a smear in teh ground. or are we?

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#3299930 - 10/31/04 02:55 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You'd probably enjoy Descartes, the "I think therefore I am" guy. He argued at first, doubt in everything, the idea that anything we experience to be a possible deception. He then gets into logical arguments and tries to prove the existance of God.

I didn't always agree with everything he said, but it's along these lines. I do think a person can realize that almost all thought is subjective in some sense, and it's hard to be too dogmatic about most things. At the same time, I think in order to affect society in a positive way, a person can be more pragmatic about things. If you're completely apathetic about things, then you don't really accomplish anything.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

InvisibleLoosifa
none
 User Gallery

Loc: England (South) Flag
    #3299939 - 10/31/04 03:01 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting question, KnatTy.  Not that I'm going to attempt to answer it!!  I';ll tell you another interesting thing though....  Good and Evil are actually the same thing.  Cool, innit.  All of this is totally subjective.
Happy trails! :wink: :heart: :thumbup: :mushroom2:

--------------------
LURK

OfflineKnattyD
Starving Artist

Re: how deep does this shit go? [Re: Loosifa]
    #3299966 - 10/31/04 03:10 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

much exists simply in the world of society or our realities ect. i say, Nothing is. (does color exist or is it a byproduct of light? or is darkness the ultimate source? (i know its not a good example) but yeah i think wronge right left right time distace, all is unexistant. unless of course u believe it then its existant in your mind. i think though when u dont believe in rgiht or wrong but u are still kind out of your heart then that is dope shit....

--------------------

InvisibleLoosifa
none
 User Gallery

Loc: England (South) Flag
    #3299980 - 10/31/04 03:18 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You'd love Jean Paul Sartre. Check him out (if you haven't already).
I'm hoping I spelt "Sartre" right....

--------------------
LURK

OfflineKnattyD
Starving Artist

Re: how deep does this shit go? [Re: Loosifa]
    #3299990 - 10/31/04 03:23 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

word i love checking out new people i love just studying crazy shit like this (even though its actually more sane then the shit in this world...) thanx

--------------------

OfflineKnattyD
Starving Artist

#3299991 - 10/31/04 03:25 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

oh yeah and thanx too twirling ill check em out

--------------------

OfflineKnattyD
Starving Artist

#3300021 - 10/31/04 03:51 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

my philosophical questions are not intented to start a negative thought process. these thoughts are generated in order to A) let me see how u people think and B) to make u people think.... now these questions can be viewed as... why should i be living? or damn lemme stop stressing and LIVE. this is intented for the positive aspect... u see this is my personal philosophy

-we cannot own matter, therefore we own nothing material. to own something is to simply put a lable on it. it has always been here and will always remain. what is actually ours then? i believe the closest we can come to own anything is the unque feelings and thoughts we posses. Therefore we must make them beautiful and insperational. We are naked except for what we feel. so its time to feel goodbecause theres so much negativity out there... its all nothing compred to the magnitude of the big picture.

so basically what i am saying is the world we live in is non existant. its bullshit. what is existant however is our divinity our feelings and thought patterns. this is our beauty. depend on nothing but that, its the true natural beauty....

peace and LIVE and respect ALL out of the kindness of your heart

--------------------

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
    #3300129 - 10/31/04 05:22 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I don't normally answer these types of questions, but I'll give it a shot.
Lets see, first, I agree that we don't know much about many things. As far as knowing nothing, I don't agree there. Science is a true form of knowledge. Science gives us answers to many of our questions.

My life is about living. Not overanalyzing and trying to figure out all of life's answers. Why do we exist, I don't know. I don't care, all I know is I exist. Do I need to question why. I'm happy with my life as is.
Sometimes I wonder if there is more to life than just living, but I think about the way things are going and I'm happier not knowing the real truth, if there is another truth to life. I feel with my heart, I think with my mind.
Quote:

-we cannot own matter, therefore we own nothing material. to own something is to simply put a lable on it. it has always been here and will always remain. what is actually ours then? i believe the closest we can come to own anything is the unque feelings and thoughts we posses. Therefore we must make them beautiful and insperational. We are naked except for what we feel. so its time to feel goodbecause theres so much negativity out there... its all nothing compred to the magnitude of the big picture.

We do own things, but that's all they are are things, material things.
True we can only truly own our own thoughts and feelings.
but what type of accomplishment is that?
This is where my questioning stops. I do not need to question life. I have the things I need and want, they make me happy. So if your saying that feelings is what makes us exist, then I'm F**king alive!

Life...this world... is not bullshit.
Are you saying that we are all basically meaningless?
Maybe I'm confused by your question.

I'm very very tired and I probably just said a bunch of meaningless s**t.
I'm going to bed now
Goodnight

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

OfflineKinderfeld
BuddingHerpetologist

Loc: BatCountry
Re: how deep does this shit go? [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #3300133 - 10/31/04 05:24 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

THIS BLOWS MY SIMPLE MIND :whoa: :crazyeyes: :crymeariver:

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Re: how deep does this shit go? [Re: Kinderfeld]
    #3300153 - 10/31/04 05:37 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

hehe,
If I wasn't insanely tired, I wouldn't have answered this.

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

OfflineKinderfeld
BuddingHerpetologist

Loc: BatCountry
Re: how deep does this shit go? [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #3300160 - 10/31/04 05:43 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Desiree said:
.............Why do we exist, I don't know. I don't care, all I know is I exist. Do I need to question why. I'm happy with my life as is........ I feel with my heart, I think with my mind.

Very well put Des!!!  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

OfflineSilven
I trip,therefore weare.

Loc: El Mexicano
    #3301157 - 10/31/04 03:52 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Too many people get caught up in possessing material things that their lives are wisked away before they realize that those material things are meaningless.

I understand where you are coming from Knat.  Though I value my thoughts and knowledge over everything.  Without furthering my knowledge of my self and the world around me I don't see a reason for life.  All in all, life is basically meaningless.  We are born, we live for 100 years doing whatever (working, being lazy, learning, exploring, etc) and then we die.  Now, no one can explain death, so maybe death is the end of life and beginning of something different.  Maybe I'm actually sleeping and these are incredibly vivid dreams, or maybe when I believe myself to be dreaming I'm in the real world, and when I believe myself to be awake I'm dreaming..

Life is so limitless, but our thoughts and ideas are even more so.  Imagination is the key to life I believe.  The day we give up on our dreams and let our imagination die, is the day that we truly die, the day we are put in the ground is simply the day our body fails.

Maybe I'm way off topic ... but still, maybe someone finds this worth reading :wink:

- Silven

--------------------
Born: 10/31/83, which makes me a Scorpio.

1) Scorpios are the most highly sexed of all the signs of the zodiac.
2) Scorpios are prone to excesses: booze, drugs, sex, bad puns, etc.
They usually exploit the weaknesses of others, who fall victim to
their capacity for total lust & sexual abberation.
3) Scorpios possess great intellectual curiosity & creative talent. They
think they are rebels & are arrogant, proud, conceited, and worth every
penny of it.

What do you bring to the table?

Offlinekoppie
astral projectile
Male

Loc: cloud hidden
    #3301292 - 10/31/04 04:41 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You're right. Ownership is a legal fiction of monkey society. But if that society is real, so is ownership, at least for a while. Everything changes. Even the matter you believe is eternal has changed form millions of times and will change even more in the future. Respect it and care for it while monkey society says it's yours, and let it go when it's time to let go.

Is all of this real? I don't know. Nobody does. Who ever said that monkeys are capable of understanding all the secrets of the universe? It's a small miracle that we have figured out enough to make matter do what we want it to do, most of the time.

If it doesn't matter, I say just act as if it's all real, just act as if you've got a free will in a real world, and remember to love the other monkeys. Either that, or lock yourself in a Bhuddist monastary contemplating nothingness.

You say the world is bullshit. I hope you're right. We shroomerites know that bullshit is a place where you can find enlightenment. It's a place where you can find mushrooms.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Rotation

Loc: That Way
Re: how deep does this shit go? [Re: koppie]
    #3301436 - 10/31/04 05:25 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

just wanted to say that i don't think KnatTyDLoC] was trying to say that because "life is bullshit" we're meaningless. i think when he said that he was talking about materialism and physical things being the bull shit but our thoughts and our souls are the reality. i really like what he said, by the way.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinenonoman
ambassador
Male User Gallery

Loc: the wood
Re: how deep does this shit go? [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3301538 - 10/31/04 05:54 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I usually don't answer people who use "u" but you'll be an exception.

You have to learn the difference between what is real and what is created in the mess of our abstract ideas of reality.

Many things are made almost real by our (and others) belief that they are real. Learn to see through these things.

Read "The Way Of Zen" by Alan Watts. It will change your life.

--------------------

Offlinekoppie
astral projectile
Male

Loc: cloud hidden
Re: how deep does this shit go? [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3301628 - 10/31/04 06:22 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I didn't mean to attack Knat... In fact, I agree with most of what he said. And I agree with you that we spend too much time and thought on material things, and too little time on the people around us and on taking care of our souls.

One insight I once had on 'shrooms was that we're all a working part of the universe. Whether you're a human, a tree or a pebble, you're an essential part of the whole, and we're all connected. Dead matter is just as important as living matter. The idea that living things are superior to dead things is an illusion shared by the living, but it's no more than an illusion.

So I'm advocating respect for inanimate things. Someone poured his soul into that chair, into that car. And that object has become a part of the universe. Treasure that car, that chair, but when it breaks, or when someone needs it more than you, let go and enjoy the change.

No, we're not meaningless. We're just as important as the stars in the sky or the grains of sand on the beach.

To answer his original question,this is what I try to live by. Human interaction is one big game. You must play it to continue to live in relative freedom, but whether you play a good guy or a bad guy, your actions keep our corner of the universe moving forward. Personally I try to play the role of the good guy as that is what makes me happy (although I don't know if I'm succeeding), but either way our actions are the right actions as seen from a cosmic perspective.

But I guess everyone has his or her own view of the world. This is mine. No more no less.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub