Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Pretty creepy show on Coast to Coast right now..
    #3299788 - 10/31/04 02:05 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

If you don't have the show in your area you can listen online here: http://www.mojoradio.com/home/index.cfm

Brendan Cook & Barbara McBeath -EVPs- ghostpix.com
Brendan Cook & Barbara McBeath, from the Ghost Investigators Society, return with a new selection of actual recorded voices of ghosts, known as Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP). http://www.ghostpix.com/

At this point I would really like to hear Art say that this is some kind of sick joke. Apparently these guys have used this technology to communicate with 'ghosts' or spirits, many of which seem to be children that sound completely helpless and lost as to where they are and/or what has happened to them.. This is some fucked up shit. Now I'm not one to usually buy into this kind of thing right away, but check it out if you can..I'd really like to hear some others thoughts on all this..

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Pretty creepy show on Coast to Coast right now.. [Re: ekomstop]
    #3299934 - 10/31/04 02:57 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Heaven is a NO SMOKING zone..hehehe!

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Pretty creepy show on Coast to Coast right now.. [Re: Jellric]
    #3299965 - 10/31/04 03:10 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I read "Breakthrough" as a teenager and it fired my imagination. I live (now and then) about 30 feet from an ancient graveyard (graves date to 1780) and I spent many hours over several months recording in it, at all hours of day and night, with no success. I am sceptical when people get such good clear voices on tape.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Re: Pretty creepy show on Coast to Coast right now.. [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3300002 - 10/31/04 03:34 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know what to think man..maybe I'm just a sucker but so far I'm finding alot of these recordings to be pretty f'ing disturbing..

They have addressed the question of possible fabrication a couple of times so far, and probably will again atleast once before the end of the show..They do seem pretty honest in their presentation..but I mean at this point I'd probably end up letting out a big sigh of relief if they did turn out to be fakes.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Pretty creepy show on Coast to Coast right now.. [Re: ekomstop]
    #3300022 - 10/31/04 03:57 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I too, live near an old cemetary. It's a Civil War era one and it is on the lot adjacent to my house which was built in the early 1900's.

The house has hardwood floors and I once heard the clear sound of footsteps coming from a room nearby when I was home alone at night. Disturbing to say the least.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Re: Pretty creepy show on Coast to Coast right now.. [Re: Jellric]
    #3300036 - 10/31/04 04:11 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

in listenening to the timing of when these spirits seem to 'speak'..it almost sounds like they are responding to what people are thinking..not what they're saying. I guess it might seem plausible that whatever is creating these voices to some degree might actually be responding to a persons immediate conscious intent somehow..

I don't know.. That was my first time listening to coast since the Strassman interview and this is the first time I can remember that it acutally got me feeling pretty spooked out..

Too bad they had to cut this show down to three hours, they probably would have had a pretty interesting last hour with people calling in..

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology