Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Morning Glory Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinepeeker
Stranger
Rivea
    #3299379 - 10/31/04 12:58 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

hello i just recieved 300 seeds and want to make
a little potion for Halloween. From what i understand
i crush 200 seeds (2 people) and then strain through a cloth
with cold water.
Im wondering if i could make a tea instead ?
Wouldnt the warmer/hot water extract faster/easier than soaking in cold water.
Any info or insite on this is greatly apreciated.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Rivea [Re: peeker]
    #3299740 - 10/31/04 01:49 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

personally i wouldnt extract rivea seeds. always teh possibility of screwing it all up. rivea seeds have never gotten me sick, and they seem to be the same for most people. i think 100 each would be good, but i personally think fireworks would be absolutly spectacular with lsa!!!

be carefull.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #3300976 - 10/31/04 02:50 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i think you guys are mistaking rivea for morning glory.
watch out on those dosages fellas, you don't want your fingers falling off for real tonight.

FH

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Rivea [Re: felixhigh]
    #3300987 - 10/31/04 02:53 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

100 seeds is agood dose for oloiqui... right? that's what I've been told.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: Rivea [Re: gdman]
    #3300988 - 10/31/04 02:53 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

or is it lower?

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #3301117 - 10/31/04 03:34 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i've heard of doses 10 times lower than that gd...
but again, i only heard, never seen rivea seeds myself...

FH

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: Rivea [Re: felixhigh]
    #3301149 - 10/31/04 03:48 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

that's great, becuase someone is sending this guy I know 10 seeds, he can't grow them right now and he thought of maybe trading them becuase he heard the dose was higher, if it's around what you say than it'll be nice :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

#3301299 - 10/31/04 04:44 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

10 won't get you very far....100 really is more accurate. These seeds are more potent than MGs but they're really not as potent as HBW, even though many people concider the trip to be of a higher quality.

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #3305376 - 11/01/04 05:04 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

200 seeds seems about right to me. 100 was almost a waste of time for me. I like it hard though.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: Rivea [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #3306435 - 11/01/04 09:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

see to me that seems a little excessive, even 200 morning glory seeds is something.....rivea seeds are, by all indications, more potent than morning glory seeds. Actually I have heard of accounts of the shamans historically only taking around ten of the seeds, not sure on the accuracy of that, but I've never heard of anyone finding a dosage like that effective, however I can't imagine the proper dosage being so close to that of morning glories. My experience with the seeds in somewhat limited. I tried around 15 once with no luck and 20 cold water extracted in conjunction with a hit of acid without feeling that the acid was really potentiated that much, both times thinking that was the correct dose. I'm not sure though...200 just seems so excessive.

--------------------

It will never come true

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: Rivea [Re: Hooty]
    #3306475 - 11/01/04 09:51 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

could the freshness of the seed be an issue?

--------------------

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

#3306564 - 11/01/04 10:06 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'm sure it could to some extent...

--------------------

It will never come true

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3307396 - 11/02/04 01:16 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

its said to be a very big issue. right fresh seeds, yes i hear 10 is an ok dose. if your buying from a vendor chances are good they are old. ive done up to 60 now and got further from 300 mg's, but rivea doesnt give the sickness. if at all possible ask about the age of the seeds. this is why so many people are trying to grow it i think, or its why im trying to grow it...fresh seeds are a good thing.

--------------------

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: Rivea [Re: kadakuda]
    #3307564 - 11/02/04 02:16 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

indeed, that's true for any seed....

but the problem with growing seems to be that many people are having problems getting these things to flower. Mine are still rather young, so I'm not sure if it's going to be an issue for me, but hopefully it won't.

--------------------

It will never come true

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3307621 - 11/02/04 02:38 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

a ive seen that too. in time it will all fall in place, im sure. people didnt use to be able to grow mushrooms either, and on nevermind on newspaper.

--------------------

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

#3307695 - 11/02/04 03:14 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

yes I'm sure there's just some triggering element that sends them into flowering that we're missing. Surely if we all put our collective noggins togeather we could figure it out in no time. I think it would be helpful if everyone in the community that's grown rivea would post their grow condition, as in indoor outdoor, if indoor what wattage and light cycle, and if outdoor what zone their in, and whether or not it's flowered, it's age, etc....

I've mentioned it before but salviaengland got a rivea to flower indoors, in england.....but he's never around to answer questions. Do a search you'll find the thread.

--------------------

It will never come true

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

#3307740 - 11/02/04 03:43 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Back to the topic of dosage for rivea, I looked back to a post I had created quite a while ago on LSA in the foliage of mornign glory seeds, because I had pulled some references to the alkaloid content of Morning Glories, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, and Rivea Corymbosa off of Dr. Duke's Phytochemical and Ethnobotanical Databases, and according to his page, as far as I can tell, morning glories are listed to have a higher alkaloid content than rivea corymbosa. This site was recommended to me by neuro, but I've found it's not exactly complete, and althogh it listed no alkaloid content in the foliage of the morning glories, further research (which I documented in the previously mentioned thread) suggested their probably was, if only in small amounts. The link to that thread by the way is:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...3890db9f5a6f7c6

However according to erowid their potency goes as follows, with the first column of numbers being the percent of Lysergic Acid Amide and the second column of numbers being the percent of alkaloids by weight.

Hawaiian baby wood rose: 0.04 0.30
Ololiuqui: 0.02 0.04
Heavenly Blue: 0.01 0.02
Pearly Gates: 0.02 0.03
Wedding Bells: 0.01 0.03

So according to these numbers oloiuqui is roughly twice as potent as heavenly blue morning glory seeds, but roughly equal to the pearly gates variety, at least in it's percent of lysergic acid amide.

But the situation is further confused by "Indole Alkaloids In Plant Hallucinogens" by Schultes (The copy I saw I pulled off of iamshaman's website at: http://www.iamshaman.com/hbwr/comparison.htm )which states the following:
Quote:

The seeds of Ipomoea violacea have a similar composition, but instead of lysergol, they have ergometrine (ergonovine). Later, very minor amounts of two alkaloids ergometrinine and penniclavine - were found in I. violacea by chromatography. the total alkaloid content of the seeds of Ipomoea viloacea is approximately five times as great as that of the seeds of Rivea corymbosa: 0.06% in the former; 0.012% in the latter.

Now I would concider the work of Schultes to be very reputable, however, the general concensus on this board has been that Rivea coymbosa is more potent than Ipomoea violacea. Possibly their respective potency varies widely from batch to batch...it's hard for me to speculate, but obviously all of these resources at least agree in the fact that both morning glories and rivea corymbosa seeds are far less potent that Hawaiian Baby woodrose seeds, so I would suggest a dosage starting at around 100, possibly more. Pardon any mistakes I may have made in compiling this post, it's late and I don't have time to proofread it, even though it's quite long. Hope this is all very helpful.

--------------------

It will never come true

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3307793 - 11/02/04 04:29 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

gdman said:
could the freshness of the seed be an issue?

with HBWR it makes a big difference I heard...

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3307794 - 11/02/04 04:31 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

well the 60 seed trip i had was about the same as a 300 seed trip with heavenly blues, fealt a way more trippy bu ti think it may be because i had no thoughts of upset stomach.

seed for seed in my experience rivea provides teh better trip, but i guess that doesnt mean its got more lsa in it. perhaps there are other chems put to play..i havnt really read that far into it yet so i dont know. but its pretty apparent you need a way more mg's than rivea...i think ill get some pearly gates jsut to see what its like, once i find soem around here that is.

the various amounts of rivea i have had are 30, 35, 40, 50, 60 at a time. always one of those 5 amounts. they were all nice amounts but nothing to jump up and down about. i could still walk right and didnt halucinate. but vision is definatly impared noticeably with sorta weird "visions" that arnt visions. i get the same feelings/vision with morning glory except i get stomach cramps (only recently have i hurled from them) much liek one gets from being VERY hungry.

i remember talking to you, i think it was you, a while ago about the leaf extractions. any more newer info on that?

my rivea are aboot yay
-----------
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
-----------
tall. one of the seeds sprouted with 3 trainer leaves.

id liek to grow all of these varieties but these vines take up so much space that i dont have for such plants. if only i could laddice my inside walls...

anyway if you get a good enough supply of them id start around 50-60ish jsut in case they are more fresh seeds. then go from there. with my current batch, which is now non existent, id be going 120+...i think they are really old seeds.

--------------------

InvisibleKOPELANDIAA
Stranger
Loc: under a pine
    #3307871 - 11/02/04 05:08 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

actually, i have some rivea vines on my balcony, they are7 months old and are still very healthy despite the cold temperatures (but the seasons are totally fucked up this year, in Japan !!!)...but no flowers. Morning glories, on the other end, bloomed very easily everywhere. My guess is that it needs to be at last one year old or something like that to flower...
Very friendly and hardy plant, the stem gets woody very quickly.
The experience is agreable with little nausea if none and lots of waves of pure love...

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Morning Glory Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden