Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
A special jar
    #3299086 - 10/30/04 11:35 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Okay, so I inoculated 12 jars on the 18th. They are colonizing very fast. Extra spore solution helped no doubt :wink:

Anyways, there is one jar out of the bunch that seems a little special....very thin mycelium.

At first I thought it may be contaminated, but I took a closer look in some real light and noticed that it was fine except that the mycelium growth is very thin. I originally thought that I didn't have enough water in my jars, but the others look beautiful, in a fuzzy, moldy sorta way. :smirk:
I see droplets of water along the insides of the jars, so I'm sure that there is enough water, I'm just concerned that this can be a problem, or if this is a sign of a future problem. It is only one jar, but I don't want to lose any of my jars.
Did I do something wrong, or is this normal?
Any info would be appreciated?
Thanks

~Desiree~

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinericelicker
The Dude'sImaginary Friend
 Arcade Champion: Radial Snake

Loc: The Yard
Re: A special jar [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #3299163 - 10/31/04 12:04 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Hard to say without a pic. Sounds like it could be OK, but to be safe you might separate it from the rest of your jars....

GL

--------------------
"my brain waves travel at half the speed afta we..." -del tha funkee

"Two men looked out through prison bars...one saw the mud, one saw the stars." -anonymous

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
Re: A special jar [Re: ricelicker]
    #3299175 - 10/31/04 12:09 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

All of my jars have water on the sides, especially after the mycelium is well along.

The only jars of mine that didn't have water on the sides were too dry and stalled out.

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Re: A special jar [Re: ricelicker]
    #3299292 - 10/31/04 12:43 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I don't have one of those special cool cameras to take pics with. All I have is a lousy webcam, and the quality is bad. I'm sure it's fine, but I think I will keep it seperate anyways. Thanks.

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
Re: A special jar [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #3299386 - 10/31/04 12:59 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

yeah man i have had fine myc fully colonize a jar and they i just left in in there for a few more days and it be gan fo fill out and thicken i also have this happen with oyster mushrooms that i tried in jars actaully worked supprisingly well i was amazed but anyway yeah they will be fine but if your worried about water just fill a clean syringe and injetc water into the jar i do this sometimes if i accidentally aloow my temps to get to high and water evaps out

good luck and it will be fine just if it contamns the myc wonn't be able to fight it off in anyway

-mike

--------------------
Only God Grows Amanita Muscaria

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Re: A special jar [Re: phantasm]
    #3299647 - 10/31/04 01:17 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

thanks!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation